Phenibut, is there better?

Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
  1. New Member
    Patrick Ewing's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    66
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    37.87%

    Quote Originally Posted by anonanon View Post
    Standardized Kava capsules (for example, NOW brand has 30% kavalactone caps) are great for anti-anxiety/euphoria if you take enough (I actually take about 20 to get "high", like not actually high but pretty nice euphoria.) I didn't really like phenibut because of the rebound effects. Well good luck on your search
    Yea, I would recommend kava kava, there is strong extract available that blows away nows brand. It's the strongest extract of of it you can get. It comes in liquid gel caps or a paste. It makes
    you really chill, much different than phenibut.

  2. New Member
    Patrick Ewing's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    66
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    37.87%

    Btw it's 80% kavalactone. Another thing to try is st Johns wort and ashwagwnda extract. Nice mellow herbs!
  3. Senior Member
    Flaw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,278
    Rep Power
    1402
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    5.03%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Fellas, Fellas... This is what you do. Glutamine is a prime player if you want to increase GABA because it is a precursor to GABA and it also crosses the blood brain barrier. I take glutamine in 5grams because it's often sold in 5 grams for muscle building purposes but 5 grams may be over kill. You can probably start lower. Anyway this is my stack.

    5 grams of glutamine
    200mg of theanine
    1,000mg of GABA

    Take this 2-3x a day with about 3-4 hours in between and at some point a surge of relaxation will hit you and mild euphoria. It may take sometimes a day or 2 but keep taking it and you will feel the GABA release. It's nice. Best alternative to phenibut and no hangover, groggyness. Another thing about this stack is your relaxed yet awake. Your not drowsy. Could be from the effect of the theanine. Noticed no side effects like with phenibut. I believe it's because glutamine may actually replenish gaba instead of just releasing it. Check out this article.

    http://www.neurogenesis.com/Amino-Acids/glutamine.php
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

    WHAT has science offered?
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    mattikus's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,568
    Rep Power
    320219
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    51.15%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw View Post
    Fellas, Fellas... This is what you do. Glutamine is a prime player if you want to increase GABA because it is a precursor to GABA and it also crosses the blood brain barrier. I take glutamine in 5grams because it's often sold in 5 grams for muscle building purposes but 5 grams may be over kill. You can probably start lower. Anyway this is my stack.

    5 grams of glutamine
    200mg of theanine
    1,000mg of GABA

    Take this 2-3x a day with about 3-4 hours in between and at some point a surge of relaxation will hit you and mild euphoria. It may take sometimes a day or 2 but keep taking it and you will feel the GABA release. It's nice. Best alternative to phenibut and no hangover, groggyness. Another thing about this stack is your relaxed yet awake. Your not drowsy. Could be from the effect of the theanine. Noticed no side effects like with phenibut. I believe it's because glutamine may actually replenish gaba instead of just releasing it. Check out this article.

    http://www.neurogenesis.com/Amino-Acids/glutamine.php
    Interesting. I figured it would make you very tired, theanine always makes me pretty relaxed, same with GABA usually.
  5. Senior Member
    Flaw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,278
    Rep Power
    1402
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    5.03%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mattikus View Post
    Interesting. I figured it would make you very tired, theanine always makes me pretty relaxed, same with GABA usually.
    First time I ever took glutamine alone I actually got a very relaxed/euphoric feeling come over me. It wasn't till I researched it later that I realized what it's purpose was. People think of it as a muscle builder but it's far more then that. It can also replace glucose for energy in times of need. I've never noticed it's made me tired even when it's made me relaxed. I've noticed probably energy plus relaxed on glutamine alone. The synergistic effects of adding theanine and gaba will enhance the GABA release. When you have a strong GABA buzz it's hard to get to bed sometimes. Your soaking up the euphoric feeling. When you come down you sleep like a rock
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

    WHAT has science offered?
  6. New Member
    coolbreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    49
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    169
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    22.76%

    A great herb to take with phenibut is kanna. Kanna really is worth trying out. I only found one product that combines them: U4EA by Pure Life. Its better than just plain phenibut.
  7. Elite Member
    RenegadeRows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,669
    Rep Power
    191395
    Level
    60
    Lv. Percent
    72.37%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Phenibut is too dose dependant.

    I could dose 2 teaspoons one day and just feel relaxed and energetic, and dose 2 teaspoons another day and fall asleep.

    Dunno how people compare it to Benzos though.

    I have a wild friend who I told Phenibut about.

    He took a really big dose (had to be 5+ grams). Said he felt amazing for a few hours, then got violently ill, and could not even walk or talk.
  8. purebred
    Guest
    purebred's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw View Post
    First time I ever took glutamine alone I actually got a very relaxed/euphoric feeling come over me. It wasn't till I researched it later that I realized what it's purpose was. People think of it as a muscle builder but it's far more then that. It can also replace glucose for energy in times of need. I've never noticed it's made me tired even when it's made me relaxed. I've noticed probably energy plus relaxed on glutamine alone. The synergistic effects of adding theanine and gaba will enhance the GABA release. When you have a strong GABA buzz it's hard to get to bed sometimes. Your soaking up the euphoric feeling. When you come down you sleep like a rock
    I have Source Naturals' L-Theanine (200mg tabs) and GABA Calm (which are sublingual tabs). However, I've noticed folks dosing GABA at much higher amounts than GABA Calm offers (125mg per tab). Even considering the sublingual delivery, I can't help but doubt it's efficacy, even if I'm combining it with the L-Theanine tabs.

    It'd probably be a better idea to go with a higher dosed product, no?
  9. Senior Member
    Flaw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,278
    Rep Power
    1402
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    5.03%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by purebred View Post
    I have Source Naturals' L-Theanine (200mg tabs) and GABA Calm (which are sublingual tabs). However, I've noticed folks dosing GABA at much higher amounts than GABA Calm offers (125mg per tab). Even considering the sublingual delivery, I can't help but doubt it's efficacy, even if I'm combining it with the L-Theanine tabs.

    It'd probably be a better idea to go with a higher dosed product, no?
    Try combing it with 5 grams of glutamine and see what happens. I used to take those tabs your talking about. The effects were very mild. The GABA dose is too low to do anything. Most likely you will feel a effect from the other ingredients in there. I just take the extra 1,000mg of GABA for the synergistic effect. I don't actually know if it does anything. I've never dosed 200mg of theanine and glutamine alone.
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

    WHAT has science offered?
  10. purebred
    Guest
    purebred's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw View Post
    I just take the extra 1,000mg of GABA for the synergistic effect. I don't actually know if it does anything. I've never dosed 200mg of theanine and glutamine alone.
    something to try out then! thanks for the rest of the feedback
  11. New Member
    goonstopher's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  206 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    32
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    252
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    23.21%

    Quote Originally Posted by Grifter View Post
    Is there anything better thats legal, for having a sense of well being?
    Define Legal?

    The analogue act made gbl illegal but 1'4 Butanediol was not included in the act as was shown in the 1999 NY trial.

    It is best not to over use it without liver support but it is much stronger than phen.
  12. New Member
    jgassen15's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    226
    Rep Power
    191
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    75.72%

    i've had some good luck with rhodiola rosea, as well as the combination of epimedium and forskholii, pardon the misspelling. i'd say 5htp would be good for mellowing out, but i took SSRIs when I was younger, and that's definitely not the type of mellow I like... i heard in parts of the pacific kava replaces alcohol comsumption completely for a lot of people
  13. New Member
    Cyplex's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    76
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    34.59%

    If you have an addictive personality I would stay far away from both phenibut and kratom, the withdrawal symptoms are real bad.

    I would recommend ashwagandha, Rhodiola Rosea, Bacopa monnieri or kanna.
  14. New Member
    mav6's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    89
    Rep Power
    96
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    69.87%

    Biotest's Z12 works great for me, but I think the phGABA is in fact the same ingredient as phenibut.
  15. New Member
    SupplmentDiva's Avatar
    Stats
    5'2"  113 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    47
    Level
    1
    Lv. Percent
    31%

    Oh my gosh, you just have to be careful with your dosage on Phenibut. It's also habit forming so don't take it every day. Plus, it makes you groggy if you take it straight and lots of it. It's pretty potent man. I would try Mind Release by Mastermind Supplements for anxiety release, and it's also known to repair the brain so I take it three times a week myself and love it. I'm small, so I actually dump out one capsule and take half. Maybe it will work for you too.
  16. New Member
    chrisuk8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    46
    Level
    1
    Lv. Percent
    0%

    Flaw

    could you please let me know if you still find using glutamine, gaba and theanine useful and have not build up a tolerance yet.

    I am planning to do a similar rountine and could use your experience.

    Thanks
  17. Senior Member
    lonewolf0420's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,314
    Rep Power
    1680
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    64.93%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Theanine is awesome, but you build a tolerance real quick. Kinda like Phenibut. I took 3gr last night, and didn't really feel it. I guess I was relaxed, but the mental relaxation wasn't there.

    I've been dosing Gluteamine 15gr daily, divided up in three doses.
  18. New Member
    mj79's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    64
    Level
    1
    Lv. Percent
    91%

    Just tried Mind Release. Great phenibut product... took my anxiety away without the super drowsy feeling I get from 2-3 g of phenibut on its own.

    love it
  19. Senior Member
    jumpshot903's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,386
    Rep Power
    12048
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    89.58%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    I dont think theres anything better but it depends on the quality of phenibut you get sometimes they vary greatly. The ones i had about a year ago can't remember what brand was phenominal probally the best supplement ive ever taken. Nothing better in my books its bar none.
  20. Senior Member
    Flaw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,278
    Rep Power
    1402
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    5.03%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisuk8 View Post
    Flaw

    could you please let me know if you still find using glutamine, gaba and theanine useful and have not build up a tolerance yet.

    I am planning to do a similar rountine and could use your experience.

    Thanks
    I do but it's hit and miss and tolerance does build. The best thing to do is probably take a mixture where you feel it's affects but not overwhelmingly. You wanna feel that slight edge taken off your stress levels. In my experience it seems to only be good when taken for a short period of time. Like a month. Use them when your stress levels are really high, in the mean time try to change your life so that when you come off the supplements you can deal better. The problem with a fix is you rely on that and think life will just get better but I've learned that's just not the case. Get into therapy or change the negative triggers in your life on top of supplements/meds.
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

    WHAT has science offered?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Liquid Clomid, is there a better way?
    By TheDiesel85 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-25-2009, 12:15 PM
  2. Is there a better product for after a cycle of MMV2?
    By srocco112 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 02:37 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2006, 11:50 PM
  4. Ketosis diet, best? or is there better?
    By Grifter in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-04-2005, 12:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in