Phenibut, is there better?

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. Registered User
    phrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    97
    Rep Power
    144

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahright View Post
    IBE Neurobalance.
    Do you know if they offer samples?

  2. Registered User
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Poised on the brink of disaster.
    Posts
    6,372
    Rep Power
    10345

    Quote Originally Posted by phrost View Post
    Do you know if they offer samples?
    No. It's a liquid. It's well worth a try IMHO.
    Ibe Neurobalance Log
  3. Registered User
    Synicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    113
    Rep Power
    162

    Angry


    Well i think im done w/ the phenibut for a while. Been doin it for 6-8 months once wk at least. The next day hangovers are just hell now, totally trashes me next day, ALL DAY, worse than alcohol. Course I been mixin it w/ alcohol maybe some valium/xanax a little nite before but i know its the phenibut, heavy doses 6-8g. I'm off for a whilt......... Bet some you guys get the bad phenibut hangovers too...
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    cp3soja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    3ward/ houston tx
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    91

    ahhhhhhh boys what yall need to try is 2 scoops os somitomax by high teck its 1000 times beter than any thing listed on this bored
  5. Registered User
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Poised on the brink of disaster.
    Posts
    6,372
    Rep Power
    10345

    Quote Originally Posted by cp3soja View Post
    ahhhhhhh boys what yall need to try is 2 scoops os somitomax by high teck its 1000 times beter than any thing listed on this bored
    Hmmmm, actually looks interesting but it's not that different from what people have been talking about (ingredients below). The only thing that gives me pause is the manufacturer. Hi-Tech has had problems with their products being "contaminated." Their erection supplement was yanked from the shelves when it tested to actually contain viagra and there were other similar incidents which I can't recall the details of. It wouldn't surprise me if their somitimax was "contaminated" with something pharmaceutical.
    _______________________


    What's In It?

    Serving Size: 1 Heaping Scoop (14g)
    Servings Per Container: 20

    Amount Per Serving:

    Proprietary Blend: 14g
    4-amino-3-Phenylbutric Acid
    Gamma Amino Butyric Acid
    Macuna Pruriens Extract
    (standardized to 20% L-Dopa)
    L-Arginine HCL
    L-Tyrosine
    L-Phenylaline Vitamin B-6 10mg 500%
    (as Pyridoxine HCL)

    Other Ingredients:
    Maltodextrin, Malic Acid, Citric Acid, Natural and Artifical Flavors and Colors, Aspartame, Acesulfame Potassium.
  6. Registered User
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,017
    Rep Power
    33557

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahright View Post
    Hmmmm, actually looks interesting but it's not that different from what people have been talking about (ingredients below). The only thing that gives me pause is the manufacturer. Hi-Tech has had problems with their products being "contaminated." Their erection supplement was yanked from the shelves when it tested to actually contain viagra and there were other similar incidents which I can't recall the details of. It wouldn't surprise me if their somitimax was "contaminated" with something pharmaceutical.
    _______________________


    What's In It?

    Serving Size: 1 Heaping Scoop (14g)
    Servings Per Container: 20

    Amount Per Serving:

    Proprietary Blend: 14g
    4-amino-3-Phenylbutric Acid
    Gamma Amino Butyric Acid
    Macuna Pruriens Extract
    (standardized to 20% L-Dopa)
    L-Arginine HCL
    L-Tyrosine
    L-Phenylaline Vitamin B-6 10mg 500%
    (as Pyridoxine HCL)

    Other Ingredients:
    Maltodextrin, Malic Acid, Citric Acid, Natural and Artifical Flavors and Colors, Aspartame, Acesulfame Potassium.
    Glad you said something Yeah Right.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  7. Bananas
    Board Sponsor
    TripDog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Tarpon Springs, Florida
    Posts
    10,084
    Rep Power
    5549

    of course after reading this thread i had to go take some phinibut...dam peer pressure..
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  8. Registered User
    warbird01's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,368
    Rep Power
    585787

    I dont seem to feel sh1t off 1-2 g but have to dose 4-5g and goddamn, the "hangover" feeling the next day is wierd as hell. Like im sleepwalking all day!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html
  9. Registered User
    s.norman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    new jersey
    Age
    47
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    294

    very addicted!


    i got very addicted to phenibut after 4 years of continuous use. tolerance ends when u reach 10g per day and i used b/t 10-15g per night. this is a drug not a supp and needs more respect than i gave it. i needed a detox and rehab to get off it...coincidentally my dr. was from russia and she said u can die of a fatal overdose w/ it. she was familiar w/ it. klonopin was used to ween me off it.
  10. Bananas
    Board Sponsor
    TripDog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Tarpon Springs, Florida
    Posts
    10,084
    Rep Power
    5549

    Quote Originally Posted by s.norman View Post
    i got very addicted to phenibut after 4 years of continuous use. tolerance ends when u reach 10g per day and i used b/t 10-15g per night. this is a drug not a supp and needs more respect than i gave it. i needed a detox and rehab to get off it...coincidentally my dr. was from russia and she said u can die of a fatal overdose w/ it. she was familiar w/ it. klonopin was used to ween me off it.
    wow........thats a pricey habbit!!
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  11. Registered User
    MentalTwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,516
    Rep Power
    2353

    My favorite set ups....

    Sleep aid-low level = Mealotinin 1.5g OR Neurobalance.
    Sleep aid -medium level = Both of above.
    Sleep that makes me go into coma = GABA @ 3-4g Mel. @ 1.5g Neurobalance 2tsp(rec dose)

    Good feel before work = Neurobalance
    Good feeling before "gettin physical with lady friend" = GABA
    Good feeling before test = Neurobalance

    I currently have on order Phenibut, more GABA(500g), Theanine by NOW.

    Just to be clear, i wouldnt recomend using these things with alcohol. All of these and alcohol effect brain chemicals/activation proccess, so i would watch it.

    I used GABA and 5HTP for a while everynight for a month or so with Mel sometimes, and when i started to discontinue use i noticed depression hit me a bit more.
    Becareful with doses and how much you take for how long.
    Take care everyone.
  12. Registered User
    dadream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    342
    Rep Power
    276

    For me the effects of phenibut are not even worth taking it. I need to take atleast 1.5-2g to illicit any type of a "buzz" and the next day i am blessed with a nice hangover. I might as well have the 3 or 4 beers which is about the equivalent buzz i get and not be hungover as s.hit. Does anyone know why phenibut even gives a hangover?
  13. Registered User
    motiv8er's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Back down South for the minute
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,172
    Rep Power
    24187

    This is the first thread I have read in 6 months that was actually full of useful info, Thanks guys--
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html
  14. Registered User
    warbird01's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,368
    Rep Power
    585787

    So i took 3g phenibut last night and got hammered. WOke up at 9 and yacked a lot. Then woek up at 2 I havnt sleept in that much for like, i cant even remember!! I thought i was gonna have the "phenibut hangover" but its gone away, mostly. thank god!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html
  15. -Dalla Hunga-
    BigVrunga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere between a 4x12 stack and a power rack...
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,064
    Rep Power
    2682

    Honestly guys I think Phenibut is best used with much lower doses, at least for me.

    400mg is perfect for a mild feeling of relaxation, or a sleep aid with GABA , 5HTP, and melatonin.

    1g is a definite buzz...I cant even imagine taking more than 2g of Phenibut at once!!

    Another combo to try for a great mood lift is Caffiene, Phenylthalamine (PEA), and a MAO-B inhibitor like Hordenine. 400mg of Rhodiola on top of that for an extra special glow

    BV
  16. Registered User
    motiv8er's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Back down South for the minute
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,172
    Rep Power
    24187

    So last night I took 1.4 g's of phenibut and went out ont he city with some friends. I must have drank a 12 pack over 6 hours. I won a dance contest with the HOTTEST girls at the club. I had no inhibitions but was pretty cognitive.

    This morning, I couldnt move. My dogs hated me. In fact, I couldnt figure out why I was so slow, until i saw this thread!
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html
  17. Registered User
    s.norman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    new jersey
    Age
    47
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    294

    Quote Originally Posted by dadream View Post
    For me the effects of phenibut are not even worth taking it. I need to take atleast 1.5-2g to illicit any type of a "buzz" and the next day i am blessed with a nice hangover. I might as well have the 3 or 4 beers which is about the equivalent buzz i get and not be hungover as s.hit. Does anyone know why phenibut even gives a hangover?
    phenibut ellicits very potent anti-anxiety effects but tolerance does build up. i used around 10g ed and i was relaxed-also very addicted unfortunately!
  18. Registered User
    s.norman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    new jersey
    Age
    47
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    294

    my psychiatrist at rehab studied medicine in RUSSIA and she said PHENIBUT is a benzodiazapine and is very addicting-can also be lethal at the right dose.
    its nothing to play w/ thats all i urge peeps here.
  19. Registered User
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,017
    Rep Power
    33557

    Im thinking of replacing it with L-Theanine. I have gone though one bottle(Fifty grams ) in two years.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  20. -Dalla Hunga-
    BigVrunga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere between a 4x12 stack and a power rack...
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,064
    Rep Power
    2682

    Quote Originally Posted by s.norman View Post
    my psychiatrist at rehab studied medicine in RUSSIA and she said PHENIBUT is a benzodiazapine and is very addicting-can also be lethal at the right dose.
    its nothing to play w/ thats all i urge peeps here.
    I don't think Phenibut is a benzodiazapine - there isnt a benzene or diazapene ring anywhere in the 4-amino-3-phenyl-butanoic acid (phenibut) molecule...if anything Phenibut bears a structural similarity to PEA, and from what Ive been reading it is a GABA receptor agonist, as well as causing a rise in dopamine levels. This could possibly be one of the causes of its anxiolytic effect, and why it is somewhat similar to benzos like Valium and Xanax in effect.

    Anything can be lethal at the right dose, even water. Phenibut's LD50 in rats is about 900mg/kg - and if that translates to humans you'd have to take 81g of the stuff before you had a 50% chance of killing yourself.

    I'll reiterate when I say that I really believe Phenibut is best use in lower doses and only when needed...there are better chemicals out there for recreational use, with less in the way of tolerence and potential negative side effects.

    BV
  21. Banned
    drksun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    319
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    How much are you guys dosing Phenibut? I've been using 1fast's bulk powder and dosing at about 2.5 grams. Not too much effect for me.

    Suggestions?
    iv'e been using the same stuff, i dosen't do much for me, on sat i had 1225mg and about 10 shots and i was still in decent shape, i though 1-2 shots plus 1g would do it, like otheres have posted. I'm not a heavy drinker, i drink maybe once a week if that.. its not a tolerance to phenibut either, i haven't used the stuff in about 2 weeks, and have only taken maybe 4 doses ever.
  22. supreme being
    WATERLOGGED's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    fla
    Age
    52
    Posts
    701
    Rep Power
    484

    i had bought some a while ago and used like a gram or a gram and a half with really no affect , so as time went by ...the other day i thought i'll really give it a try so i took like 3-3.5 g's and man after a few hours like 6 , my body and ,mind was so relaxed i couldnt walk straight and couldnt stay awake , fell asleep woke upbarely b4 bed time and couldnt keep my eyes open and fell sound asleep[out like a lght]till the next day then woke but kinda felt hungover and brain fog all day !
  23. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,302
    Rep Power
    755325

    Quote Originally Posted by s.norman View Post
    my psychiatrist at rehab studied medicine in RUSSIA and she said PHENIBUT is a benzodiazapine and is very addicting-can also be lethal at the right dose.
    its nothing to play w/ thats all i urge peeps here.
    And she weened you off using Klonopin?

    I would definitely question the wisdom of that.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  24. Banned
    drksun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    319
    Rep Power
    0

    i took 500mg last night, now all day iv'e had a hangover.. weird.
  25. Registered User
    curqleez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    150

    tramadol makes me feel good. Chaty and good energy. Good workouts too
  26. Registered User
    s.norman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    new jersey
    Age
    47
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    294

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    And she weened you off using Klonopin?

    I would definitely question the wisdom of that.
    1st of all there is a withdrawal effect after years of using phenibut. it is a gaba-agonist so it is best to be detoxed w/ a gaba-agonist like klonopin. i was in some distress 4 a while after stopping phenibut. my symptoms were the same as if i was going thru benzo withdrawal.
  27. Banned
    CNorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by curqleez View Post
    tramadol makes me feel good. Chaty and good energy. Good workouts too
    Yeah you really dont wanna **** with opiates though. Opiates are the most addictive substance on the planet.
  28. Registered User
    INFLUENCER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    202

    Oh yeah they sure are i'm still going through mental withdrawl, although tramadol isn't a real opiate its a synthetic... It sounds like this phenibut is similar posibly to an opiate high or am I wrong? I don't think I want to mess with it though considering the hangover and the fact I was addicted to opiates...
  29. Bananas
    Board Sponsor
    TripDog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Tarpon Springs, Florida
    Posts
    10,084
    Rep Power
    5549

    Quote Originally Posted by INFLUENCER View Post
    Oh yeah they sure are i'm still going through mental withdrawl, although tramadol isn't a real opiate its a synthetic... It sounds like this phenibut is similar posibly to an opiate high or am I wrong? I don't think I want to mess with it though considering the hangover and the fact I was addicted to opiates...
    The hangover from it is very strange. Sometimes it's not that bad, and sometimes ***etaboutit!! Usually they are rather bad when alcohol is involved.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  30. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Rep Power
    57347

    Quote Originally Posted by warbird01 View Post
    I dont seem to feel sh1t off 1-2 g but have to dose 4-5g and goddamn, the "hangover" feeling the next day is wierd as hell. Like im sleepwalking all day!
    Same here. I get absolutely nothing from phenibut unless i take at least 5 grams. I get the hangover effect the next morning, but it's still not as bad as an antihistamine hangover for me.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Liquid Clomid, is there a better way?
    By TheDiesel85 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-25-2009, 11:15 AM
  2. Is there a better product for after a cycle of MMV2?
    By srocco112 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 01:37 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2006, 10:50 PM
  4. Ketosis diet, best? or is there better?
    By Grifter in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-04-2005, 11:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in