ADD meds (Concerta) and PH's (SuperD): Negative interactions?

Goat

Awards
Can anyone offer insight to this? My doc told me not to drink heavily because Concerta and Alchohol can stress the liver.

Can someone offer insight into whether or not there are any negative results from using PH's and Concerta?

I would only presume that transdermal would be better than oral...beyond that I am in the dark.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Can anyone offer insight to this? My doc told me not to drink heavily because Concerta and Alchohol can stress the liver.

Can someone offer insight into whether or not there are any negative results from using PH's and Concerta?

I would only presume that transdermal would be better than oral...beyond that I am in the dark.
I did it for over a decade, not a prob, just be aware that MAOI elevate enzymes. And just about every centrally active amine is a MAOI!

dozer3

Board Supporter
Awards
i was wondering the same thing. i take a type of ritalin. never noticed any sides to be concerned with but i wonder if they affect one another at all? i've never been comfortable discussing ph's with my doctor and with the ban it will be even worse. if anyone has any opinions or experience let me know.. thanks
I did it for over a decade, not a prob, just be aware that MAOI elevate enzymes. And just about every centrally active amine is a MAOI!

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
i was wondering the same thing. i take a type of ritalin. never noticed any sides to be concerned with but i wonder if they affect one another at all? i've never been comfortable discussing ph's with my doctor and with the ban it will be even worse. if anyone has any opinions or experience let me know.. thanks
I used Ritalin for awhile, though I wasn't juicing much at the time, I was drinking like a fish (oh those college days) it is metabolized by a different pathway than other common stims, and does put more stress on the liver, but it was still never a problem for me. At less than 60mg/d, I doubt you'd have an issue.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I used to use Cylert back when I was in elementary school, and I had to go in every 2-3 months to get blood work done to see how my liver was doing while on it. Just some info, dunno if what you are taking and what I took are in the same family or what.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I used to use Cylert back when I was in elementary school, and I had to go in every 2-3 months to get blood work done to see how my liver was doing while on it. Just some info, dunno if what you are taking and what I took are in the same family or what.
Cylert is probably the one you'd need to watch closest as far as liver enzymes go

Goat

Awards
So NAC and Milk Thistle would also be an obvious addition?