saint john's wort for anxiety

mylo

mylo

Awards
as an add on to my benzo (which typically stopped working within weeks of starting treatment).

sound good?

i decided i need to get this **** taken care of before i kill myself, ODed on coke tuesday and had the greatest high of my life which afterwards made me realize how i almost killed myself and need to get my **** together. (temporal lobe epilepsy is the official diagnosis, showing symptoms of bipolar as well)

the only reason i'm asking on here is because my psych is in mexico and i don't want to go over there this weekend for obvious reasons and he won't answer his phone either.

also, i realize SJW and cocaine have similar methods of action, should i expect tolerance to SJW if i hit a heavy ass amount of coke a few days ago?

MIGUEL1J

MIGUEL1J

Awards
Save your money, saint johns wort is garbage. Go to your doctors office and Ask your doctor college for Xanax, tell the other doctor is on vacation and you need something for the anxiety ASAP

mike0589

mike0589

Awards
From personal experience, St. John's wort works synergistic with Serotonin precursors.

Consult your physician ASAP.

mylo

mylo

Awards
whoa, crazy looking back at this, i must have been wired off my arse that tuesday lol.

well as an update i got off my benzo and mood stabilizers and began supplementing with memantine. works wonders. starting keto diet today, seeing as it's an alternative treatment for TLE.

mylo

mylo

Awards
Save your money, saint johns wort is garbage. Go to your doctors office and Ask your doctor college for Xanax, tell the other doctor is on vacation and you need something for the anxiety ASAP
something tells me xanax will stop working eventually too, have you been on it, and if so how long?

getting off the victan was a B*tch, only reason i made it out without having seizures and minimal anxiety was the memantine supplementation.

benzos in general suck for anxiety in the long run i've been told

jon777

Awards
saint johns wort is a cyp activator, which means it will increase the metabolism of many drugs such as your benzo. If you have anxiety disorder the first line treatment is with an SSRI not a benzo (which can be used for acute attacks). Lastly you should be on a long acting benzo, not a short acting like xanax which has must higher dependence/abuse potential. Please see your psychiatrist, they are very educated.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My wife uses St Johns Wort and has great results. Basically cut her anxiety in half over the last couple years, which I would consider great for an OTC.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My wife uses St Johns Wort and has great results. Basically cut her anxiety in half over the last couple years, which I would consider great for an OTC.
What dose did she use and how long before she felt the effects? I'm looking at a blend which combines my two favorites (bacopa and ashwaganda) with st johns wort and rhodiola.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It didn't take long, but it ends up she was running low on Progresterone and now her new doctor wants her to supplement with that to address the anxiety. She needs to go in next week for a second lab to make sure that will be the route and not starting with pregnenolone. That, along with Vitex.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It didn't take long, but it ends up she was running low on Progresterone and now her new doctor wants her to supplement with that to address the anxiety. She needs to go in next week for a second lab to make sure that will be the route and not starting with pregnenolone. That, along with Vitex.
Thank you for the response. Instead of St. Johns Wort, I decided to try adding a time release Rhodiola Rosea (with a high salidroside content) to my current stack.

plifter42

Awards
Considering what you went through, get some xanax just a little bit before bed or klonopin. Or phenibut, or kava kava. For your coke hangover get some pseudoephedrine and aleve.

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
I have super bad anxiety and adhd went on a drug for the first time this past summer and I hated the way it made me feel. I didn't feel like myself at all. So I detoxed off of it which was even worse had vertigo for like 2 weeks and felt like crap. But to make a long story short look up magnesium therapy, I have been taking high doses of magnesium for the past month and my life has really changed. I basically have no anxiety and depression any more. I actually have spoken up a few times at work which normally I never would. The only other things I have changed in my life are that I have gone gluten and grain free and I also have cut out all processed food.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
rowz4broz Supplements 53
HondaV65 Sports Talk 17
Sports Talk 65
B5150 General Chat 1
gimp420xx General Chat 7