I need some info plz.....Guys on Depression meds, what are you taking?

Prime Rib

Awards
Hey guys, I've recently been through a real rough chain of events in my life that have really put me in a bad spot emotionally. Probably going to go see a doctor soon and get prescribed some sort of medication to help me out a little. I am just curious to what everyone is taking, and how well it's worked for you? I am hoping I can find something with minimal side effects that is not addicting. I do not want to be on something for several years, I just need something to help take the edge off.

Any input is appreciated...

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
My knowledge of this is somewhat limited but for yrs I have worked in group homes and worked with people on meds for many different reasons....Remember, ( not sure if your a drinker or not) but anything mixed with beer, wine, not good......

Atavan, zoloft ( spelling on these ) seemed to be the thing that "took some of the edge off" yet they were able to decrease the meds over time...Again remember you cant wake up one day and say..."yeah I am not taking it at all today"......

Good luck, :)

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i don't know much about this, but i wouldn't think its a good idea to go on medication because of a rough chain of events
as far as i know these medications are supposed to be for people who are clinically depressed, not depressed over specific issues in their lives

i'm not belittling your situation at all and i realize it may be incredibly difficult, but having seen people on these meds, it is rough to get off of them and i don't think it would be a good idea to go on them unless the cause of the depression is psychological

Prime Rib

Awards
glenihan, I agree with you. This isn't because of spur-of-the-moment depression, i've been severely depressed for almost 4 years now. It's just progressively gotten worse :(

thanks for the input guys

dickwootton

Awards
  • Established
Yeah go to the doc...they will know what to do. Severe depression runs in my family almost everyone in my family is medicate except for myself and i cant tell you why i am not except by the grace of God. However be very up from with your doctor (except maybe aas use) i would shy away from meds like prozac because they mess with your libido, and zanex because i am fairly certain that one is addictive. Good luck with that bro and ill pray for you i know how tough it is being depressed but things are going to get better and tomorrow is a better day!
Dick

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Ativan is great for taking the edge off of tough emotional situations but a real mood enhancer (SSRI) may be a better bet for day to day stuff.

Mrmartdogg

Awards
don't just go to a general practitionar go see a psych doc. Youll get better results especially when it comes to a proper dose. I used efexor for a year and went of with great results been fine ever since. Only problem it took awhile to finish if ya know what I mean

comrade

Awards
different drugs for different people
psychiatric medication is a very personal thing.

Ming

Awards
Lexapro, Risperdal during the first couple of weeks of Lexapro treatment, Trazodone before bed.

spitboy2000

Board Supporter
Awards
I have an enormous amount of experience wrestling with this demon. You should consider seeing a psychiatrist for a prescription and see if he can refer you to a low-cost psychotherapist for sessions -- if you just drug the depression away sometimes you are just attacking the symptom and not the cause.

I have had horrible experiences with all SSRI's -- they destroy my sex drive and make me feel blunted. I have had good experience with Wellbutrin -- they increase sex drive and decrease appetite, a good combo

Good luck. Take care of yourself.

ppass

Awards
receive Christ as your Personal Savior, then tell him about all your problems

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Some supps you can get on in the mean time...

Folic acid; deficiency cause depression and several other psychiatric disturbances. I've been taking it for a few weeks now and I have to say it has helped immensely. I still have bad days but really its just a few hours as opposed to a several days or weeks like it used to be. You may need upwards of 1000 mcg's per day.

Fish oil: EPA and DHA shown to help depression symptoms.

Selenium: another deficiency related cause of depression

Acetyl L carnitine: brain candy. Boosts mood and brain function.

These are mostly sufficient for my level of depression, however you must be the judge of how to treat yourself.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
receive Christ as your Personal Savior, then tell him about all your problems
Ditto!

Anti-depressants get you through rough times, but if your not truely biochemically depressed, they can actually bring you down. Recognize your not alone, pray and never give up!

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Some supps you can get on in the mean time...

Folic acid; deficiency cause depression and several other psychiatric disturbances. I've been taking it for a few weeks now and I have to say it has helped immensely. I still have bad days but really its just a few hours as opposed to a several days or weeks like it used to be. You may need upwards of 1000 mcg's per day.

Fish oil: EPA and DHA shown to help depression symptoms.

Selenium: another deficiency related cause of depression

Acetyl L carnitine: brain candy. Boosts mood and brain function.

These are mostly sufficient for my level of depression, however you must be the judge of how to treat yourself.
Bio's correct,
A lot of nutrients and amino acids can greatly improve specific depressions. However, usually only if they are deficient to begin with and taken using strict protocols.

Fastflight

Fastflight

Awards
  • Established
Lexapro, Risperdal during the first couple of weeks of Lexapro treatment, Trazodone before bed.
risperdal was the worst drug ,I´ve never taken.Made me feel like i´ve had 200Km cycling in my muscles from doing nothing
and thurst as well as a lethargy.Risperdal really fucked me up.Never again.

I´m happy with endurance training.It´s the anti-depressant agent.

And the natural things bioman mentioned.I´ll give Rhodiola a try since I need to order some Whey protein,soon.

I wouldn´t take depression too serious,it will go away and did you hear about testosterone or dbol as an antidepressant equal to Sertalin?-This really does the trick for me.I´ve got a whole platelete of deeper and better feelings on test or dbol and better and deeper sleep as well.Add some gh and you´ll be amazed how good this works.At least I am.

Good luck.

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
Drugs like Zoloft, Paxil, and Prozac take several weeks to have any theraputic effect. Not something to take for temporary depression after a few rough events.

They have also been shown to dramatically increase cotrisol production and cause weight gain.

Finally, you can't just stop taking them. You have to taper down over a period of several months.

/karp

Renton405

Awards
After i got divorced which caused a bad depression swing my doctor put me on Effexor and Paxil...It took around 2 weeks to fully kick in but has helped, during cycle now I am getting really bad mood swings even with the antidepressants, I was told SAM-E is a good anti-d supplement...Some people said they swear by it...

And its very hard to wean down with SSRIs when your depressed...Ive read the come down from prozac can be very similar to a cocaine crash, which is horrible

Fastflight

Fastflight

Awards
  • Established
for a quich relieve I would take some illegal ephedrine-derivatives,`cause they never caused any dependence to me,giving me quick reliable relieve,and wearing down automatically when they start loosing their effectiveness.
When coming down,the relatively slight depression,if at all,were always worth it and made them easy to tolerate.

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
I tried to cold turkey Zoloft. Nearly drove me insane. I went back on it for a couple more years. I've spent the last several months weaning down, and I will take my final dose in a couple days. I'll tell you - it fucked with my ability to get an erection when I started taking it, didn't bother me too much in that department after I had been taking it for a while, and now that I'm weaning off, it's messing with my erections again. Good thing I have "research chemicals."

/karp

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
SAMe did work for me but it seemed to lose effectiveness after a few months. It's also nice on the joints.

It's relatively high price is the main reason I don't use it more often.

zeromagnus

Board Supporter
Awards
I have had no problems with erections while on zoloft alone, zoloft coupled with effexor, or zoloft coupled with wellbutrin xl...effexor made me lethargic and at higher doses I felt empty inside...wellbutrin seems to give me more energy

if you've been severely depressed for several years...and I don't know what you consider severely depressed...then medication plus therapy (and maybe even some bibliotherapy) would probably do wonders...but take it all with a grain of salt...everybody reacts to these medications differently, I just don't think medication should be the extent of the help you seek...this coming from someone who has been diagnosed as having recurring major depression

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I'll be honest with you all, I've tried every drug mentioned in this thread (and then some) SSRI's balance you. When your down, they lift you. But if you up, they bring you down. They are only good for situational, emotional depression. Not to mention the ejaculatory failure than can make you even more deppressed than you were to begin with! Celexa was suppose to be "the one", but it has the same sides as the rest. Plus, the day you stop taking SSRI's the benefit ends. You crash and burn (no residual benefits at all) Prozac is the only one that doesn't put me on the toilet. The rest play hell on my gut.

I didn't get relief until I started taking Synthroid and Dexadrine. Amphetamines are superior for deppression IMO over serotonergic drugs. Norepinephrine is the neurochemical that activates you when depressed. Dopamine enhances intrest and exploratory activity. Serotonin is a mellowing substance. Even drugs like Effector and Serzone, which have mixed activity, were to mellowing for me. There are some new SNEI's out there now I think that would work great. I have also tried every tricyclic too, they're not a good solution either. Wellbuterin is an amphetamine derivative, but it's cardiotoxic and depersonalizing, at least for me. There are much cleaner sympathomimetics out there. Ask your doc for Dexedrine, Adderal, Adipex, Prelu-2, Tenuate or Pemoline. The effectiveness of each of these is that order. This class of drug also has good residual. The longer you take it, the more likely the benefit is to stick and be permenant when you stop. Otherwise, pray and never give up, no matter what.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What do you suggest then for the former drug addict, who has had too much experience with amphetamines be it legal or illegal, and now suffers from anxiety which is worsened with stimulants?

I heard an SSRI would be the best bet, because it can normalize these feelings?

zeromagnus

Board Supporter
Awards
I'll be honest with you all, I've tried every drug mentioned in this thread (and then some) SSRI's balance you. When your down, they lift you. But if you up, they bring you down. They are only good for situational, emotional depression. Not to mention the ejaculatory failure than can make you even more deppressed than you were to begin with! Celexa was suppose to be "the one", but it has the same sides as the rest. Plus, the day you stop taking SSRI's the benefit ends. You crash and burn (no residual benefits at all) Prozac is the only one that doesn't put me on the toilet. The rest play hell on my gut.

I didn't get relief until I started taking Synthroid and Dexadrine. Amphetamines are superior for deppression IMO over serotonergic drugs. Norepinephrine is the neurochemical that activates you when depressed. Dopamine enhances intrest and exploratory activity. Serotonin is a mellowing substance. Even drugs like Effector and Serzone, which have mixed activity, were to melloving for me. There are some new SNEI's out there now I think that would work great. I have also tried every tricyclic too, they're not a good solution either. Wellbuterin is an amphetamine derivative, but it's cardiotoxic and depersonalizing, at least for me. There are much cleaner sympathomimetics out there. Ask your doc for Dexedrine, Adderal, Adipex, Prelu-2, Tenuate or Pemoline. The effectiveness of each of these is that order. This class of drug also has good residual. The longer you take it, the more likely the benefit is to stick and be permenant when you stop. Otherwise, pray and never give up, no matter what.
Hmm, I don't think my psychiatrist would prescribe me an amphetamines to treat my depression. Some of the meds you listed treat those who are obese (appetite supressant), have thyroid problems, or suffer from ADD/ADHD. Again, I fear my doctor would not prescribe anything like this, but stick to more of the "tried and true" anti-depressants. :frustrate

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I went through a dozen docs before I found one who was sympathetic to my requests. If you demonstrate responsible use, a good doc will give you what works best, no matter what it is. You may have to try all the common ones first, but if they don't work, then you'll finally get to the CIII's. Amphetamines gave me the best bounce of any anti-depressant I ever tried. I may still get deppressed, but I would recover faster and it would be less frequent. They just work, and many docs are starting to feel OK about prescribing them again. Remember, a doc is just like anyone else you pay. They work for you, so get a new one if they're not doing there job. A doc should really care and want to see you improve, not worry about what current convention dictates.

Zeromagnus, just keep working on him. It may take awhile, but let him know that the drugs he's using on you aren't doing it. If he won't try something new, get a new doc.

Ryansm, this is why one should never get silly with it. If you do, you'll burn out early and it loses it's benefit. Take it from someboby who knows. Take a drug holiday for a few months and then rechallenge with lower doses. If that doesn't work, I'd say Pemoline, Prozac, or even a Benzo would be best. Ativan puts me in good spirits everytime I get emotionally depressed and it's less sedating than diazepam or xanax. It also lowers cortisol levels so it's a great anti-catabolic to help you "come down" if you lift late.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds good, but how habit forming is Ativan, and can it cure anxiety or just put it off and potentially make it worse when you stop using it?

I have already burnt myself out due to poor judgement as a youth, I deal with it everyday now. By the way I'm not trying to sound like some self sorry dope, it's just a real concern that I have, and more drugs just seem to be more problems.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Sounds good, but how habit forming is Ativan, and can it cure anxiety or just put it off and potentially make it worse when you stop using it?

I have already burnt myself out due to poor judgement as a youth, I deal with it everyday now. By the way I'm not trying to sound like some self sorry dope, it's just a real concern that I have, and more drugs just seem to be more problems.
No, Ativan is the best of the benzos. It changes your attitude very well. I remember one time when I split up with my wife and got really depressed and futile. It was what got me through (this was before I believed in Christ and the power of prayer) I could take 2mg Ativan and cope, still go to work and be functional. I knew my life was fucked up, I knew I could do some crazy **** at any moment, but I didn't. It's amazing in it's ability to relie anxiety in a very unique way. I still was fully aware of how things were, but it didn't seem to matter as much. Not like a doped up lethargic indifference, I just didn't respond with negative emotion. I could deal with it so much more appropriately. Before that, I was jumping out of my car at stop lights trying to fight anyone that looked at me wrong, crying like a little girl, assalt, property damage, I just really flip when I lose it. Ativan works wonders when your in an aggressive mood. It is situational relief, so it just delays the depression, but that's the whole thing about depression. There is no cure, a good man just does his best to deal with it and get over it as fast as he can, but we are all susceptable and some more than others. But no, you don't rebound when you stop taking it. As long as you keep the dose low. I also use it to help when I can't sleep, but I don't use it daily. If your intentions are to get high, you can do it with a benzo, so it can be habit forming. But like I said, it lowers cortisol and the long term toxicity is nil especially compared to dope or booze. I took it for a few years straight until I decided that I didn't need it like that anymore. Now, a few times a week is all I need. It not a "bad" drug.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have to weigh in here as I have had over 15years personally and professionally with this topic. I must say that I agree with everything that Dr.D has said. The most current and cutting edge research supports the thought process that mood disorders are caused by changes in varous neurotransmitters and that the simple addition of a chemical that selectively affects one neurotransmitter (SSRIs for example) while promoting a higher emtional baseline is not often successful in returning a person to a normal range of emotions. Ensuring that thyroid function is normal and in optimal range should be a primary concern. If thyroid function is abnormal most antidepressants will have little to no effectivness anyway. Even if thyroid function is "normal" often times the addition of small doses of T3 throughout the day to an antidepressant regime will greatly improve symptoms in previously unresponsive individuals. Amphetamines will additionally be a great addition and are very effective. The only negative experience I have had or seen with them is that some individuals experience a "rebound type" crash effect after the effects of the drug wears off similar to an ephedrine junkie who has been overdoing it for six months on end and then abruptly stops taking his ephedrine.

If you have access to and foreign med suppliers I would seriously look into trying to acquire a selective MAO-B inhibitor. This class of drug has been extremely effective in Europe for treating depression without the SSRI type side effects or the typical side effects associated with MAO inhibitors. Of course, unfortunately, it is not even available as a prescription in this country.

Mr.50

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
I just recently went to dr and he put me on lexapro. depression is better but this lethargy has gotta go. havent really had any other sides....i'm gonna lay off this for a day or so and see what happens.

Good luck man..what did you decide to do?

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
Dr. D. just a little clarification for you. the ampetamines are CII not CIII. it is not clear from your context which CIII's you were referring to, but you mentioned amphetamines in the next sentence and those (e.g. dexedrine, etc.) are CII not CIII

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
msclbldrguy,

I wouldn't lay off the Lexapro for a day or two. That may actually make the symptoms worse. Antidepressants are the type of thing that some of the initial discomfort wears off after taking them straight through for a while. As far as the Lexapro in general though, I have never talked with any men that are active that have had good results. Check out issue number 7 of The Bull over at Bulk Nutrition for a good article comparing SSRIs.

Mr.50

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Dr. D. just a little clarification for you. the ampetamines are CII not CIII. it is not clear from your context which CIII's you were referring to, but you mentioned amphetamines in the next sentence and those (e.g. dexedrine, etc.) are CII not CIII
You are quite right, sorry for confusing anyone. :) It's those triplicate Rx's that I must have been thinking of, even Ritalin is a CII, crazy man. As for Celexa or it's isomers, I like the effects, but just can't take the sides. Sore throat is the biggy

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
i can understand why they are schedule II, due to the rampant abuse of these as street drugs. these are the HOT street drugs among high school kids in my area. kids selling their ritalin, dexedrines, etc. is very common. or male kids giving them to female kids in exchange for 'special consideration' is not too uncommon either. it's kind of funny to think these drugs are the same schedule as cocaine or oxycontins, though. i agree.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The potential for abuse is definately there. It is unfortunate that such effective drugs also hold such a potential to cause other problems for people if they can not control their use.

Mr.50

willieman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The problem with many "anti depresants" is they are over prescribed as far as dosages, and people could benifit by lower doses, not be numbed up, and still be able to deal with life in general.One of the other problems is mixing other drugs, and or alchohol while using them...this is a big no no.
My personal expirence with Fluoxetine (Prozac) is at lower doses (10mg per day, 20+is regular), it has been extremely effective in dealing with depresion (family history) without the side of numbness, or a limp willie, and makes it a little easier to deal with things, but at the same time does not make things go away, and mentally still have to deal with life.
From hearing from people I know, higher doses are hard to come off of...Paxil being the worse..and has been a living hell for a friend of mine, even following the prescribed process of "coming down".
An article in the wallstreet Jornal had the FDA and some medical association siting the testing for Zoloft was highly inaccurate in that they presented the facts for the drug as being successful, but also hid the finding that a placebo was just as sucessful.
In any case do your research, research the findings and test studies, the stuff does work and can make a difference, but remember that the drug companies out there are here to make a profit, and will push wheever the market has an opening.

Peace!

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Im on a mission to limit my seasonal affective disorder..I use Rhodiola rosea 1.5 grams a day and St.Johns Wort..This is the 6th day in a row in New England with no sun,cloudy,snow,fog,gloomy I F---king hate it.Im not dancing in the streets but these 2 herbs seem to help..If you feel real bad do not take it lightly call for professional help.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
The problem with many "anti depresants" is they are over prescribed as far as dosages, and people could benifit by lower doses, not be numbed up, and still be able to deal with life in general.One of the other problems is mixing other drugs, and or alchohol while using them...this is a big no no.
My personal expirence with Fluoxetine (Prozac) is at lower doses (10mg per day, 20+is regular), it has been extremely effective in dealing with depresion (family history) without the side of numbness, or a limp willie, and makes it a little easier to deal with things, but at the same time does not make things go away, and mentally still have to deal with life.
From hearing from people I know, higher doses are hard to come off of...Paxil being the worse..and has been a living hell for a friend of mine, even following the prescribed process of "coming down".
An article in the wallstreet Jornal had the FDA and some medical association siting the testing for Zoloft was highly inaccurate in that they presented the facts for the drug as being successful, but also hid the finding that a placebo was just as sucessful.
In any case do your research, research the findings and test studies, the stuff does work and can make a difference, but remember that the drug companies out there are here to make a profit, and will push wheever the market has an opening.

Peace!
10mg is the right dose for me too, it's really rare that a drug is misdosed so bad. Same with Effexor, like 12.5mg is all I can handle.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Im on a mission to limit my seasonal affective disorder..I use Rhodiola rosea 1.5 grams a day and St.Johns Wort..This is the 6th day in a row in New England with no sun,cloudy,snow,fog,gloomy I F---king hate it.Im not dancing in the streets but these 2 herbs seem to help..If you feel real bad do not take it lightly call for professional help.
Bio told me once the Rhod worked well, maybe I'm dosing too low cause I don't get a benefit.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Dr.D Check out chemical comp. I thought of you when I read it because it seems something you would understand..I read 1.5 to 2 grams a day for mood.

http://smart-drugs.net/Rhodiola-rosea.htm
Thanks bud, that'll keep me busy for a long time! Got a lot of leads to look up on from that info, but really, I hope you start feeling better soon bro. I've been depressed since I was a teen, I know it comes in cycles and how it sux. Seems like life was just better years ago when I still used 'herbs' Now I have to find some legal ones that really work. :thumbsup:

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I agree with you guys on all of this. I just switched from Paxil to Zoloft and have used all the others in the past will little success. It keeps the depression from getting really bad but I never feel like I am really living. My emotions are all blunted, the good and bad ones. I feel like it is really hard to get motivated about certain topics. Also the sex drive side effects suck. I really worry if I ever have kids some day that I will pass this on to them; and I never want anyone to go through the emotion ups and downs that I have. Well maybe some people....

Mr.50

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I've stopped using Rhodiola as it seems to make me spike and crash and I can't figure out a good dosing scheme. Knowing the half life of the actives would be nice.

I'm doing really well this season, even through a gnarly PCT, by using ALCAR 2 grams/d stacked with folic acid at 1500 mcgms/day and a selenium cap. This was doing well even before I recieved some other herbal delight I can't mention.

I'd like to try deprenyl and DL-Phenylalanine stacked but so far have had no need.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Anyone tried this stuff "RenewG"I heard it was pretty good

Renew G is a daytime dietary supplement used for producing feelings of well being, promoting fat loss, anti-aging, and increasing energy. For better results use in conjunction with a proper diet and exercise program. Consult your physician before starting any such program. Customer feedback has been extremely positive from the use of Renew G since it's recent launch.

Proprietery Blend:
5-Methoxytryptamine, Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide, L-Phenylephrine hcl, Gamma-Aminobutryc Acid, 5-Hydroxytryptophan, L-Phenylalaline, Kava lactones
SUGGESTED USE:
As an adult dietery supplement, take 2-3 capsules daily. Do not take at least 4-5 hours before
bedtime. DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DAILY INTAKE.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q. Honestly, how does Renew G compare to GHB, Blue Nitro, Verve, Furanone, and
Renewtrient?
A.. Within 15-20 minutes Renew G produces very strong euphoric feelings similar to GHB and
ecstasy. Rolling and waving sensations last about 4 hours.

Q. Can Renew G be taken at night?
A. Renew G can be taken at night if you plan to stay up and enjoy the sensations this product
produces. It does contain synthetic adrenalin (L-Phenylephrine hcl) which may cause insomnia.

Q. Does Renew G give you a hangover?
A. No.

ericnb_98

Awards
I tried Lexapro did absolutly nothing I switched to Effexor and It worked great with no sides, I never tried wellbutrin though.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Wellbuterin is just dirty speed. Big time depersonalization and cardio acceleration for me at 450mg. Dexadrine is the king of the phenethylamine class. It's clean at 20mg, you don't even know your on it. All the rest have sides.

DL-Phenylalanine is effective at 6g+, mostly just for enhancement of narcotics. The natural l isomer should be used by itself for it's norepinephrine boosting action. Tyrosine is even one step closer, but I've never tried it at high doses.

L-Depryl is hardcore. It sounds good but the effects are dirty and it just doesn't feel as good as it sounds. It's major metabolite is l-methamphetamine, same thing as found in Vicks nasal inhalers.

SSRI's(Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, etc...) are like stabilizers. They "zero" your mood which is good for mania, lithium works too but shuts down your thyroid. So when your down they bring you up. Problem is, once you bounce out of the depression and start to feel up, you notice they're holding you down in certain places (what mr.50 mentions.) They kill your personality and make it hard to even laugh. That's when you know it's time to give them a break because you're probably not 'depressed' anymore.

Tricyclics are sedating and stupifying. Again, the concept is good, but they act at too many receptor sites. Pamalor is probably the best in this class.

The RenewG is a Blue Nitro knock-off I think. It's not the original formula which was GLB or 1,4-butanediol. The ingredients are serotonergics, GABA modulators, and a disassociative. Be careful w/ the DXM, it's raised my liver enzymes big time before with higher doses. It should not be used daily if on cycle with methyls. The kava is an effective sedative, but rumored to be liver toxic too.

I don't mean to sound preachy, but Jesus Christ is the best real cure I've found. Took years to find Him, but I can't deny now. I remember when I first investigated Christianity, because I had been researching alien abduction phenomenon and the evidence of the Bible codes, it was hard to read the Bible at first. It's quite bloody and foreign initially, but I can honestly say that it must be true. I've studied the codes and they do exist. The Truth is hard to swallow but it's a good eternal anti-depressant.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Q. Honestly, how does Renew G compare to GHB, Blue Nitro, Verve, Furanone, and
Renewtrient?
A.. Within 15-20 minutes Renew G produces very strong euphoric feelings similar to GHB and
ecstasy. Rolling and waving sensations last about 4 hours.
I've tried it and if you are expecting this, forget about it. I did feel somewhat of an increased euphoric/relaxation feeling, but nothing to get excited about.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
10mg is the right dose for me too, it's really rare that a drug is misdosed so bad. Same with Effexor, like 12.5mg is all I can handle.
If 12.5mg of Effexor is right for you, than I would assume a lot of people could also benefit on such a low dose. Why is it that the lowest possible dose to be prescribed is 37.5mg?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
If 12.5mg of Effexor is right for you, than I would assume a lot of people could also benefit on such a low dose. Why is it that the lowest possible dose to be prescribed is 37.5mg?
I don't know why some drugs are mis-marketed on the dose. People are just different in their response. For example, I need about 300mg Zoloft, most people need less than 100, so it depends on the person. Effexor is a mixed SSRI/SNERI like Serzone, so it gets even more complicated. Effexor would tear up my stomach at higher doses. I liked higher doses, I just couldn't take the sides.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I don't know why some drugs are mis-marketed on the dose. People are just different in their response. For example, I need about 300mg Zoloft, most people need less than 100, so it depends on the person. Effexor is a mixed SSRI/SNERI like Serzone, so it gets even more complicated. Effexor would tear up my stomach at higher doses. I liked higher doses, I just couldn't take the sides.
Zoloft...my dad takes that. I'm starting to think he needs a gram a day :)rofl: he gets horrible! turns into an asshole, too).

Does drinking really effect the efficacy of the drug? I mean, it says not to drink while on zoloft, and he takes his pills with a beer :rolleyes: To make a long story short, it doesn't seem to be helping him too much and I think it's from the drinking. is it the drinking or does he just need a higher dose???