I need some info plz.....Guys on Depression meds, what are you taking?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.7%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by MaDmaN
    Dr.D Check out chemical comp. I thought of you when I read it because it seems something you would understand..I read 1.5 to 2 grams a day for mood.

http://smart-drugs.net/Rhodiola-rosea.htm
    Thanks bud, that'll keep me busy for a long time! Got a lot of leads to look up on from that info, but really, I hope you start feeling better soon bro. I've been depressed since I was a teen, I know it comes in cycles and how it sux. Seems like life was just better years ago when I still used 'herbs' Now I have to find some legal ones that really work.

2. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I agree with you guys on all of this. I just switched from Paxil to Zoloft and have used all the others in the past will little success. It keeps the depression from getting really bad but I never feel like I am really living. My emotions are all blunted, the good and bad ones. I feel like it is really hard to get motivated about certain topics. Also the sex drive side effects suck. I really worry if I ever have kids some day that I will pass this on to them; and I never want anyone to go through the emotion ups and downs that I have. Well maybe some people....

Mr.50
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.72%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I've stopped using Rhodiola as it seems to make me spike and crash and I can't figure out a good dosing scheme. Knowing the half life of the actives would be nice.

I'm doing really well this season, even through a gnarly PCT, by using ALCAR 2 grams/d stacked with folic acid at 1500 mcgms/day and a selenium cap. This was doing well even before I recieved some other herbal delight I can't mention.

I'd like to try deprenyl and DL-Phenylalanine stacked but so far have had no need.
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.26%

Anyone tried this stuff "RenewG"I heard it was pretty good

Renew G is a daytime dietary supplement used for producing feelings of well being, promoting fat loss, anti-aging, and increasing energy. For better results use in conjunction with a proper diet and exercise program. Consult your physician before starting any such program. Customer feedback has been extremely positive from the use of Renew G since it's recent launch.

Proprietery Blend:
    5-Methoxytryptamine, Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide, L-Phenylephrine hcl, Gamma-Aminobutryc Acid, 5-Hydroxytryptophan, L-Phenylalaline, Kava lactones
    SUGGESTED USE:
    As an adult dietery supplement, take 2-3 capsules daily. Do not take at least 4-5 hours before
    bedtime. DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DAILY INTAKE.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q. Honestly, how does Renew G compare to GHB, Blue Nitro, Verve, Furanone, and
    Renewtrient?
    A.. Within 15-20 minutes Renew G produces very strong euphoric feelings similar to GHB and
    ecstasy. Rolling and waving sensations last about 4 hours.

Q. Can Renew G be taken at night?
    A. Renew G can be taken at night if you plan to stay up and enjoy the sensations this product
    produces. It does contain synthetic adrenalin (L-Phenylephrine hcl) which may cause insomnia.

Q. Does Renew G give you a hangover?
    A. No.
  5. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.27%

I tried Lexapro did absolutly nothing I switched to Effexor and It worked great with no sides, I never tried wellbutrin though.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.7%

Wellbuterin is just dirty speed. Big time depersonalization and cardio acceleration for me at 450mg. Dexadrine is the king of the phenethylamine class. It's clean at 20mg, you don't even know your on it. All the rest have sides.

DL-Phenylalanine is effective at 6g+, mostly just for enhancement of narcotics. The natural l isomer should be used by itself for it's norepinephrine boosting action. Tyrosine is even one step closer, but I've never tried it at high doses.

L-Depryl is hardcore. It sounds good but the effects are dirty and it just doesn't feel as good as it sounds. It's major metabolite is l-methamphetamine, same thing as found in Vicks nasal inhalers.

SSRI's(Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, etc...) are like stabilizers. They "zero" your mood which is good for mania, lithium works too but shuts down your thyroid. So when your down they bring you up. Problem is, once you bounce out of the depression and start to feel up, you notice they're holding you down in certain places (what mr.50 mentions.) They kill your personality and make it hard to even laugh. That's when you know it's time to give them a break because you're probably not 'depressed' anymore.

Tricyclics are sedating and stupifying. Again, the concept is good, but they act at too many receptor sites. Pamalor is probably the best in this class.

The RenewG is a Blue Nitro knock-off I think. It's not the original formula which was GLB or 1,4-butanediol. The ingredients are serotonergics, GABA modulators, and a disassociative. Be careful w/ the DXM, it's raised my liver enzymes big time before with higher doses. It should not be used daily if on cycle with methyls. The kava is an effective sedative, but rumored to be liver toxic too.

I don't mean to sound preachy, but Jesus Christ is the best real cure I've found. Took years to find Him, but I can't deny now. I remember when I first investigated Christianity, because I had been researching alien abduction phenomenon and the evidence of the Bible codes, it was hard to read the Bible at first. It's quite bloody and foreign initially, but I can honestly say that it must be true. I've studied the codes and they do exist. The Truth is hard to swallow but it's a good eternal anti-depressant.
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.67%

Quote Originally Posted by MaDmaN
    Q. Honestly, how does Renew G compare to GHB, Blue Nitro, Verve, Furanone, and
    Renewtrient?
    A.. Within 15-20 minutes Renew G produces very strong euphoric feelings similar to GHB and
    ecstasy. Rolling and waving sensations last about 4 hours.
    I've tried it and if you are expecting this, forget about it. I did feel somewhat of an increased euphoric/relaxation feeling, but nothing to get excited about.
  8. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.67%

Quote Originally Posted by DR.D
    10mg is the right dose for me too, it's really rare that a drug is misdosed so bad. Same with Effexor, like 12.5mg is all I can handle.
    If 12.5mg of Effexor is right for you, than I would assume a lot of people could also benefit on such a low dose. Why is it that the lowest possible dose to be prescribed is 37.5mg?
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.7%

Quote Originally Posted by NPursuit
    If 12.5mg of Effexor is right for you, than I would assume a lot of people could also benefit on such a low dose. Why is it that the lowest possible dose to be prescribed is 37.5mg?
    I don't know why some drugs are mis-marketed on the dose. People are just different in their response. For example, I need about 300mg Zoloft, most people need less than 100, so it depends on the person. Effexor is a mixed SSRI/SNERI like Serzone, so it gets even more complicated. Effexor would tear up my stomach at higher doses. I liked higher doses, I just couldn't take the sides.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.95%

I don't know why some drugs are mis-marketed on the dose. People are just different in their response. For example, I need about 300mg Zoloft, most people need less than 100, so it depends on the person. Effexor is a mixed SSRI/SNERI like Serzone, so it gets even more complicated. Effexor would tear up my stomach at higher doses. I liked higher doses, I just couldn't take the sides.
    Zoloft...my dad takes that. I'm starting to think he needs a gram a day ( he gets horrible! turns into an *******, too).

Does drinking really effect the efficacy of the drug? I mean, it says not to drink while on zoloft, and he takes his pills with a beer To make a long story short, it doesn't seem to be helping him too much and I think it's from the drinking. is it the drinking or does he just need a higher dose???
  11. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.55%

My mood is much worse when I drink nowadays. It sucks that he drinks with his meds. I personally feel that it does effect the efficacy of the meds but of course sometime I do it. Whenever I do I really guage myself and still regret it often. The next day I usually feel really depressed 9even if not hungover) as alcohol is a depressant. Remember he may be drinking because he is depressed or he may be more depressed because he is drinking. I know its tough but try to get him to stop (I am sure you have already tried). If he won't though remember all of this info for yourself in case you have a time period in your life that you are depressed and also your relationship with alcohol.

Mr.50
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.95%

His skull is a anti-reason bomb shelter that prohibits him from taking or giving an form of good advice. I love the guy, he's a hard worker and would give anything for his wife and kids, but he's a jackass unfortunately.

He drinks because he's an alcoholic. I think that has more to do with his depression that his depression does with alcoholism.

Bummer, really.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.7%

Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    Zoloft...my dad takes that. I'm starting to think he needs a gram a day ( he gets horrible! turns into an *******, too).

Does drinking really effect the efficacy of the drug? I mean, it says not to drink while on zoloft, and he takes his pills with a beer To make a long story short, it doesn't seem to be helping him too much and I think it's from the drinking. is it the drinking or does he just need a higher dose???
    It's hard to say bud, I personally do good with a few drinks every night. Makes me easier to get along with and more relaxed, but I do know people like your dad that take it too far. Maybe for alcoholics it has the opposite effect at some point. I know guys that get mean and start **** when they get drunk too, the worst kind of drinkers, they can't even stand up straight, but they wanna talk big **** too. Sorry about your dad. I'd guess that he should increase his dose on the zoloft. He may need something different too like a benzo. Xanax for example. There are so many drugs available, just keep trying them till you find one that works, that's what it takes. Just trial and error. Like M50 said, drinking probably does hurt efficacy, the PDR suggests that it will.
  14. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.09%

it's been said that alcohol is the poor man's anti-depressant.

works for many. goes horribly wrong for others
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.95%

It's hard to say bud, I personally do good with a few drinks every night. Makes me easier to get along with and more relaxed, but I do know people like your dad that take it too far. Maybe for alcoholics it has the opposite effect at some point. I know guys that get mean and start **** when they get drunk too, the worst kind of drinkers, they can't even stand up straight, but they wanna talk big **** too. Sorry about your dad. I'd guess that he should increase his dose on the zoloft. He may need something different too like a benzo. Xanax for example. There are so many drugs available, just keep trying them till you find one that works, that's what it takes. Just trial and error. Like M50 said, drinking probably does hurt efficacy, the PDR suggests that it will.
    he's not a total *******...he's just acts like a kid. he doesn't get all drunk either, he just won't stop drinking beer...

however, i believe he's be much better off just smoking pot that drinking. IMHO, he should get stoned and take his zoloft with water from now on

thx for the reply!
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.95%

Quote Originally Posted by jjjd
    it's been said that alcohol is the poor man's anti-depressant.

works for many. goes horribly wrong for others
    I rearranged the above "saying for you"

"goes horribly wrong for many, works for others"

he, he, he
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.69%

Amphetamines are superior for deppression IMO over serotonergic drugs. Norepinephrine is the neurochemical that activates you when depressed. Dopamine enhances intrest and exploratory activity. Serotonin is a mellowing substance. Even drugs like Effector and Serzone, which have mixed activity, were to mellowing for me. There are some new SNEI's out there now I think that would work great. I have also tried every tricyclic too, they're not a good solution either. Wellbuterin is an amphetamine derivative, but it's cardiotoxic and depersonalizing, at least for me. There are much cleaner sympathomimetics out there. Ask your doc for Dexedrine, Adderal, Adipex, Prelu-2, Tenuate or Pemoline. The effectiveness of each of these is that order. This class of drug also has good residual. The longer you take it, the more likely the benefit is to stick and be permenant when you stop. Otherwise, pray and never give up, no matter what.
    Question for the doc: I was just wondering what you think of adderal over ritalin? I currently take ritalin for ADD problems. It works great for concentration, alertness, and depression, but may consider adderal if it works better.
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.99%

Actually, if ritalin is working for you, why switch? As far as antidepressants the greatest one is called trimethoxyphenethylamine at a dose of 500 mgs it will work for years after a single dose, now thats what I call effective! There are some minor sides though.
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.7%

Quote Originally Posted by MF210
    Question for the doc: I was just wondering what you think of adderal over ritalin? I currently take ritalin for ADD problems. It works great for concentration, alertness, and depression, but may consider adderal if it works better.
    The only prob w/ Ritilan is that it made me wired. Adderall is more soothing and much cleaner and potent. Also, Ritilan played out at about the 3month mark. It just stopped working, but Adderall keeps going year after year.

Knowbull, your suggesting mescaline! It has it's place for sure, but I think he's looking for a daily med.
    Last edited by DR.D; 02-08-2005 at 07:34 PM.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.99%

I think that the safest OTC is Prozac at 10mgs a day for 90 days or so, the older you get the less you want to play around with brain chemistry IMO. Short term use is the way to go the brain usually always wants to fix itself, and it will if you allow it
  21. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62%

Over the course of the last ten years I have suffered from and been treated for depression and anxiety with marginal effectiveness. I have taken paxil, remeron, buspar, wellbutrin and prosac. I began researching nootropics and mood enhancing supplements recently and I began taking choline and pericetam about a month ago. These two supplements literally gave me a new lease on life. All of my symptoms have virtually disappeared and I quit taking my antidepressants about three weeks ago. I also don't feel sedated and jaded like I did on antidepressants either. Choline and pericetam may not work as well for others as it did for me, however I would reccomend everybody to do their own research and experimentation on natural remedies instead of leaving your fate in the hands of the shrinks and pharmaceutical companies. Natural remedies are cheaper and safer. Just my two cents.
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.7%

Quote Originally Posted by OSPdoug
    ...however I would reccomend everybody to do their own research and experimentation on natural remedies instead of leaving your fate in the hands of the shrinks and pharmaceutical companies. Natural remedies are cheaper and safer. Just my two cents.
    Amen brother! Don't count on any doc to cure you, they may or may not help, but it's basically up to you to figure it out.
  23. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.55%

OSPDoug,

What antidepressant were you on before you started the nootropics?

Mr.50

Quote Originally Posted by OSPdoug
    Over the course of the last ten years I have suffered from and been treated for depression and anxiety with marginal effectiveness. I have taken paxil, remeron, buspar, wellbutrin and prosac. I began researching nootropics and mood enhancing supplements recently and I began taking choline and pericetam about a month ago. These two supplements literally gave me a new lease on life. All of my symptoms have virtually disappeared and I quit taking my antidepressants about three weeks ago. I also don't feel sedated and jaded like I did on antidepressants either. Choline and pericetam may not work as well for others as it did for me, however I would reccomend everybody to do their own research and experimentation on natural remedies instead of leaving your fate in the hands of the shrinks and pharmaceutical companies. Natural remedies are cheaper and safer. Just my two cents.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-17-2009, 12:04 AM
  2. need some info on test e powder purification
    By elhefe800 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2008, 11:50 AM
  3. Need some info on a few substances
    By deuce747 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-08-2007, 05:06 AM
  4. Need some info on IGF