need help, phenibut got me

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
theres 1000s of threads like this... so before you flame me for not searching, plz know that i did...

ive been using phenibut 1-2 times a week for a couple of months mainly on the weekend just to relax...

i have never ran into any serious tolerance issues or withdrawls from it , but i have always needed 3-5gs to have any effect...

everything was fine, and i was able to put it down and stay away from it for up to a month or more.... THEN>...

the past 2 weeks, i took phenibut 3x a week...

monday, weds, friday, - monday weds friday then sunday....

sunday night i slept FINE...

monday night NO sleep at all.... not one minute... but no shaking, heart palpitations etc

tuesday night no sleep at all again... same deal.

wednesday night - about 30 mins of ALMOST sleeping... beginning to lose my mind

tonight- its been over 72 hours without sleeping, i decided to take some phenibut

^ is this all in my head? or what? how should i taper this

any help would be appreciated

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Bump

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hope you get it straightened out, man. I've been sub'd since you first posted, but I don't have anything beneficial to add aside from if it were me, I'd call my doctor once it got to this point.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Def. should of taken an extended break once you got to the point where you needed 3-5g of it to notice the effects.

Just out of curiosity, are you tired but CAN'T sleep, or are you not even tired at all at your normal bed time, but tired during the day instead?

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Im not tired at all.... that's the thing.. I know I should be tired because I haven't slept..... but I'm wide awake... Idk.

I'm going to taper ... somehow.... I've done it enough with letrozole, this can't be much harder... i took half of my normal dose today hopefully I sleep

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
might as well make a log out of this....

PHENIBUT WITHDRAWAL LOG

normal dose is about 6g

last night, after 3 days of no sleep, i took 3 g.

in 3 more days (maybe 2) i will take 1.5 g

then 1g

then 500mg

then 250

then i wont use phenibut more than once a week, plz note... i was only taking it 3x per week

does anyone see anything wrong with this?

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Like I had mentioned to you try getting some L-theanine.

Phenibut has never made me tired, very relaxed, but not tired. If anything I actually get a bit of cognitive enhancement from it.

Subb'ed.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
I think reading so many tolerance threads has given me placebo withdrawal

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Its definitely easy for us to wind ourselves up, especially if we're prone to anxiety.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Feel your pain on the sleepless nights, man. I'm in the process of weaning myself off of clonazepam. Never abused it or took more than I was supposed to, but I stayed on it for a number of months without taking a break. The key is a sloooowww taper. I tried cutting my dose in half to start with, and withdrawals really had me on edge - insomnia, anxiety, all of it. I then read where tapering it down a quarter dose at a time was the better way. It takes longer, but keeps withdrawal at a minimum. I'd say taper it slowly and don't be in a hurry. Good luck with it - insomnia is a B1TCH!

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
I have been through xanax withdrawl before... after a 5 mg a day habit ... librium is perfect

My phenibut withdrawls actually were fake LOL... i guess I'm just that anxious of a person.. placebo

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I wonder how long xanex and phenibut stay in your system?

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
I have been through xanax withdrawl before... after a 5 mg a day habit ... librium is perfect

My phenibut withdrawls actually were fake LOL... i guess I'm just that anxious of a person.. placebo
Why do you say they were fake, what brought you to that conclusion... just curious.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
i slept perfectly fine when i stopped bugging out (anxiety)

i created placebo withdrawal out of fear of actual withdrawal..... idk how else to explain it....

just because i thought withdrawal was possible, i convinced myself over time that i must have it... and stayed up thinking about it

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
Anxiety is a bitch.

When I was in the Navy ... we had a young Marine flown out from Iraq because he had suddenly lost vision in his right eye.

Now ... there are medical tests that can determine if an eye is functioning - and if you can see with it. The Doctors, none of them doubted the guy couldn't see through that eye ... but all the tests came back that it was a-okay.

This Marine was practically crying, wanted desperately to get his eye fixed so he could get back into the fight. These are the kinds of men we have over there ... completely selfless.

But ... he was a rifleman ... and guess which eye was his "shooting" eye? That's right ... his right eye.

Once the shrinks convinced the guy it was all in his head - his sight returned. But, the war experiences he had gone through - he was able to deal with on a conscious level. However, on the unconscious level, his mind couldn't deal with them ... and then flipped a switch to turn his right eye off and get him out of the situation.

Never seen anything as weird as that.

Anyway ... why don't you try natural stuff ... like DAMIANA ... make a nice tea with it. Calms you down ... doesn't make you sleepy but puts you in the right mindset. Might even give you erotic dreams ... give some to your girl too and report back here. :D

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
lol im gunna have to try that.....

its kinda like how a woman can start lactating if the hear they are pregnant.... even if theyre not...

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
lol im gunna have to try that.....

its kinda like how a woman can start lactating if the hear they are pregnant.... even if theyre not...
Like I said ... Anxiety is a bitch. I experienced it myself with severe chest pains when I was in the war. Mine wasn't caused by combat though - it was caused from having to physically separate my Commanding Officer from my Executive Officer ... they didn't like each other and a few times it almost got physical. I went to bed every night thinking ... "I am the only 'grown up' in the top three of this command." And - I knew, that by saying that - the command was screwed, because I am the most immature guy I know - it keeps me young! LOL.

Anyway - anxiety will cause you to have all kinds of pains ... and everywhere. It'll give you so many pains, you'll wonder what in the **** could cause all that. And then you turn to the internet for answers - and that's when anxiety really kicks your ass, because there ARE ANSWERS on the internet ... THOUSANDS OF THEM ... and all bad. LOL It's a death spiral, you will convince yourself you have some sort of rare cancer that is causing all these unrelated symptoms - but no, it's just anxiety.

My Doc's offered me Xanax ... no thanks ... not taking drugs. I treat my anxiety naturally ... by meditating and using natural compounds like Damiana to soothe me.

EDIT: I have control of my anxiety ... but my BIGGEST FEAR is that I may one day have a heart attack and not recognize the symptoms beforehand - and I may think it just another bout of anxiety.

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

i created placebo withdrawal out of fear of actual withdrawal..... idk how else to explain it....

just because i thought withdrawal was possible, i convinced myself over time that i must have it... and stayed up thinking about it[/Q
UOTE]

Maybe you were going through withdrawal and after 3 days you were over it?

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established

just because i thought withdrawal was possible, i convinced myself over time that i must have it... and stayed up thinking about it[/Q
UOTE]

Maybe you were going through withdrawal and after 3 days you were over it?

i dont think so, the MOST i used it was every other day for about 2 weeks... then i stopped...

its like when i found out i had celiacs disease.... i was online buggin out lookin up chrons, ibs etc and completly convinced myself i had it

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
true.... anxiety is a bitch... been dealing with it ever since a car accident 9 year ago. Worst part is I know I am just having an anxiety attack and cant do anything about it. No more "im going to die" thoughts since I know its just anxiety... now its "this sucks... hold on for the ride it will be over shortly"...

Ganched

Awards
Update? How are you making out with the withdrawal plan? All the best ...

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
was never any withdrawal... straight placebo mindfock

what i can say, is that if i use phenibut 2-3 times a week, im fine...... when i use it every other day, i begin to have trouble sleeping without it... dont think thats withdrawal and if it is, very slightly.... i havent taken it in a week and im fine

Amsterdamned

Amsterdamned

Awards
was never any withdrawal... straight placebo mindfock

what i can say, is that if i use phenibut 2-3 times a week, im fine...... when i use it every other day, i begin to have trouble sleeping without it... dont think thats withdrawal and if it is, very slightly.... i havent taken it in a week and im fine
The mind is powerful! Glad you are better bruh!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
3 year bump huh?