For those with acne prone skin...

Kytle

Kytle

Awards
What kind of moisturizer do you all use on your face? I got some mild acne from my last cycle and my lotion seemed to make it worse. Without any lotion/moisturizer, my face gets pretty dry so, what do you guys tend to use?

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
I have found virgin coconut oil to be the best moisturizer it dosent cause my skin to get oily later in the day like other moisturizers. in the long run ends up being much cheaper than other lotions.

Kytle

Kytle

Awards
I have found virgin coconut oil to be the best moisturizer it dosent cause my skin to get oily later in the day like other moisturizers. in the long run ends up being much cheaper than other lotions.
Really? I had actually read something about that the other day and was considering it. Could I pick that up at like a CVS/Rite Aid/etc?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
benzyl peroxide does it for me. i also use the clearisonic face brush and it does wonders. im on two scripts. one is benzaclin, other is retin A, and both are acne creams and im acne free right now.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Retin-A will dry out your skin like a mofo and since the OP is prone to dry skin, I'd suggest staying away from it. I just use Clearasil Ultra and it works for my face when I break out, but does nothing for my backne when on cycle or in PCT. I was fortunate enough to have been selected to log the NTBM Acne Attack Kit. You should look into it too. NTBM only has quality products!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i didnt read the OP first post, just replied to the acne portion. ya dont do retin A or benz.

Jorsn

Awards
  • Established
I use Carley's Clear and Smooth Moisturizer for acne prone skin. Been using it for two years. No oily skin, no break outs. I use Platinum Labz Acne Annihilator also for face wash.

Hawk

Hawk

Awards
  • Established
Nivea for men. Blue tub. Been using it for about 10 years now.

Kytle

Kytle

Awards
I was fortunate enough to have been selected to log the NTBM Acne Attack Kit. You should look into it too. NTBM only has quality products!
I actually just picked up that kit last week and I've already seen a vast improvement in my acne from the previous few weeks. My only problem is the dryness, but thanks to you guys, I have plenty of options to try for myself. Definitely going to go pick up something now because my face is extremely dry due to the ridiculous ny weather heh. Thanks for the help! :veryhappy:

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
Really? I had actually read something about that the other day and was considering it. Could I pick that up at like a CVS/Rite Aid/etc?
i, mot sure about CVS/Rite aid i get mine at a natural health food store. I make sure to get cold expeller pressed coconut oil. Refined coconut oil looses a lot of its health benifits and i use it to cook with as well.

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
Oxy pads yo! Haha, i get some acne not super bad, but I got this stuff and 1 in the morning 1 at night, I have far less facial acne. Just having a tough time getting the stuff that is there now to go away. Then again I am on cycle right now

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have been using the following and have been happy with it.
*to note is that I have oily dry skin, so I am prone to get oily skin and acne along with dry parts as well.

Aveeno Clear Complex (w/salycilic acid)-(use 1st)
Clinique 3.5 Scruffing lotion (toner)-(use 2nd)
Clinique M Gel lotion (moisturizer-(use 3rd)

3 prong attack