I made the switch from supplement sleep aids to pharma's

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Over the Years I've tried every sleep aid one could think of and eventually I built a crazy tolerance to them that the amount I would take would most likely be toxic. So I crossed the line. I started out with trazodone that worked pretty good until my Dr. told me there's a better option. I'am on
1mg lorazepam and it works very well. I don't necessarily feel much from it and it takes longer to fall asleep then trazodone but when I do fall asleep I stay asleep. I also don't seem to need as much sleep which is very nice. I also have been waking up refreshed. Can't say that about any other sleep aid I've taken. Hope the tolerance doesn't build up with this :/

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I've combined those ingredients many times over. They no longer work :/ Looks like a decent stack for a mild case of insomnia though.

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
insomnia sucks man. hade a short bout with it, did the whole ambien thing, but it passed thank goodness. i hate to have to take anything to fall asleep. now, a bedtime shake, some sportscenter, and i'm out. zzzzzzzz...

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I always had very good luck with Restoril.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to look into Lipotropin-PM. USplabs camphibolic worked very well for me years ago and Lipo has very similiar ingredients. I just don't wanna develop tolerance to Lorazepam. Maybe I can cycle the 2.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lorazepam is a benzo meaning eventually you will build a tolerance

I am prescribed trazadone 50 mgs- works well for me

chim_chim

Awards
I'm surprised that a doctor would prescribe Lorazepam for chronic insomnia. It has a high abuse potential even as benzos go. Benzos are known for "knocking you out," but not allowing for high quality, deep REM sleep.

As far as I know, Lunesta (Eszoplicone) is the only prescription sleep aid that has been approved for long-term insomnia treatment, though Ambien (Zolpidem) is prescribed off-label for long-term use.

Lunesta is by far the best prescription aid I have tried, though I dislike the bitter taste it leaves in my mouth. It has a very low incidence of addiction, and I find that the effects do not attenuate over time. Cutting the 3mg pills in half works for me.

Incidentally, you can find the same active ingredient as a generic overseas drug by searching for "zopiclone" instead of eszoplicone. You need to buy twice the strength, as only the s- isomer (hence, "es"zopiclone) is active.

PimpinLow98

Awards
you should check if you have intestinal worms. If present they will cause insomnia.