Help me get rid of my sleeping problems!

RAZORBACK09

Awards
  • Established
As I sit here at almost 6AM i'm finally tired of having issues sleeping. I've always been one to stay up late (2-3AM) and it didn't bother me not getting a ton of sleep, but with a change in my lifestyle I need to now be up earlier and more alert.

I used to take script sleeping aids, seemed to help but it's been awhile I want to try something new before I go back to the doctor. Currently I take benadryl (2 caps - 25mg each) and melatonin (1 cap - 3 mg) and while it was helping now I'm having a hard time sleeping all together (or getting to sleep) even with these two things. Once I do get to sleep, i'm fine (don't wake up) but when I do finally wake up, even with 8 hours of sleep or more, I feel like a zombie and find it VERY hard to get out of bed.

So i'm looking for other OTC things to try, before I head back to the doc. I've looked at mostly kava kava, but theres so many different options (paste, caps, tea) that I don't know where to buy or which to choose. Looking for things that won't be feel like I have a hangover, tired, etc. I need a better nights sleep, and I need to get to sleep faster (even going to sleep at 1AM) would be awesome.

I'm not one who gets addicted to things, so thats not my worry, however I don't want to test the waters if I don't need to.

I'm open to options at a decent price, I think kava may be my best bet, but then again i'm sure there is other stuff that can help me get to sleep faster.

Thanks in advance.

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
First what's your stim intake like?

One supplement that might help is L-Dopa / Bulk 1-Carboxy if you haven't tried that.

Sounds like you have some major issues.

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
Too much melatonin will leave you feeling "hungover." You could always try smoking mary jane if that's your thing.

Smooth001

Smooth001

Awards
I would say melatonin, but like PublicEnemy said too much will leave you feeling groggy.
If you try to read or do something boring before you go to bed and avoid stimulants and television- it might help.

RAZORBACK09

Awards
  • Established
Tried 1-Carboxy didn't work, however I could try again I didn't use for long.

As in my first post melatonin was helping but doesn't now. It's not that I can't fall asleep, its I fall asleep really late, I just need to figure out what will make me tired.

I don't drink much caffeine, and even so caffeine really doesn't do anything to me, I've drinking a ton of red-bulls before when I was super tired, and didn't help.

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
Were you taking 1-Carboxy on an empty stomach? Since GH is antagonistic to insulin, if you eat a meal that elicits a substantial insulin response (i.e. carbs) it is going to completely negate any effects 1-Carboxy could have.

And I agree with television and stimulants... both are not conducive to good sleep.

RAZORBACK09

Awards
  • Established
Were you taking 1-Carboxy on an empty stomach? Since GH is antagonistic to insulin, if you eat a meal that elicits a substantial insulin response (i.e. carbs) it is going to completely negate any effects 1-Carboxy could have.

And I agree with television and stimulants... both are not conducive to good sleep.
I'll try it on a empty stomach, I don't eat before bed so if it's going to work it will. I can't remember the dosing for it though.

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
the two best OTC sleep aids for me have been X-dream and Somnidren GH.

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
I'll try it on a empty stomach, I don't eat before bed so if it's going to work it will. I can't remember the dosing for it though.
1/4 Tsp should be ~800mg. I wouldn't take over 1/2 Tsp but you want to gradually build up to that.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
Too much melatonin will leave you feeling "hungover." You could always try smoking mary jane if that's your thing.
Never did anything for me and I think anything over 1grm is too much...I think a majority of people don't realize that the pineal gland ( which produces melatonin at the appropriate time....nightfall/before bed ) is a natural function.

You might be dealing with some magnesium issues/deficiency.....sounds to me the issue is much more serious than popping a pill to relieve the issue. The other thing is it could also be a liver issue, do you at anytime get back up in the middle of night ?

I'm no expert by any means try out some magnesium citrate and an antioxidant blend to see if that has any effect getting your sleeping in order.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
the two best OTC sleep aids for me have been X-dream and Somnidren GH.
This^^^ EXCELLENT COMBO :thumbsup:

If you'd like to go cheaper than that, 500mg GABA, 800mg phenibut is pretty good although you will have to adjust doses as effects diminish.

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
I've always wanted to try X-Dream but its too spendy for my tastes. Although I am curious in the effects of the 3-hydroxy-GABA and bromo-melatonin... would anyone like to share some input?

Not a big fan of Somnidren because of the phenibut and PEA though...

RAZORBACK09

Awards
  • Established
This^^^ EXCELLENT COMBO :thumbsup:

If you'd like to go cheaper than that, 500mg GABA, 800mg phenibut is pretty good although you will have to adjust doses as effects diminish.
Can you find this stuff in like walmart, or do you need to order online? Did a quick search online to see if I could find it stores but no luck.

Will it have similar effects as dream-x and Somnidren GH? I saw they are coming out with dream-x 2 (I believe)

purebred

Powerfull and Valerian Root? It's a combination I will be logging once I get back into the groove of things and begin lifting again. It'd be pretty neat to have a log run parallel to mine.

Valerian root acts similar to a benzodiazepine and will have a sedative effect 30 min. after ingestion. You can pair something up with the Valerian that will improve quality of sleep, hence, my Powerfull recommendation--no pun intended.

You could always try a little Valerian and Vagin...a :)
Not a big fan of Somnidren because of the phenibut and PEA though...
Care to elaborate on this, PE?

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Can you find this stuff in like walmart, or do you need to order online? Did a quick search online to see if I could find it stores but no luck.

Will it have similar effects as dream-x and Somnidren GH? I saw they are coming out with dream-x 2 (I believe)
GABA

Phenibut

GABA and Phenibut will give you results, cheaper for longer supply, but X dream and Somindren GH are solid products on their own. I tend to cycle regular GABA and Phenibut when Xdream is out stock and it works pretty good.

RAZORBACK09

Awards
  • Established
GABA

Phenibut

GABA and Phenibut will give you results, cheaper for longer supply, but X dream and Somindren GH are solid products on their own. I tend to cycle regular GABA and Phenibut when Xdream is out stock and it works pretty good.
Thanks a lot man, i'll be buying it soon. Basically this will be just as good as X-dream and GH, but cheaper?

RAZORBACK09

Awards
  • Established
About Bulk 1-Carboxy, I have some and had it in my closet for a few months, now its in clumps and im assuming I'm not going to be able to use it. Does Bulk 1-Carboxy work well, meaning would it go good with the other 2 things?

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
Care to elaborate on this, PE?
Sorry, I totally missed this until now. Anyways, for myself its just a matter of personal preference. I had some negative (i.e. addiction) experiences with PEA in conjunction with deprenyl last fall. Because of that I avoid the stuff like the plague. I also am not a big fan of potent GABAergic drugs (although they have given me a few good stories); I just feel that phenibut is a bit too powerful in effects and withdrawal symptoms.

Tying this into Somnidren, I have never used it but I have no doubt it is an effective product. Although... I think it is irresponsible to market it as an ED supplement because of phenibut's suppressive nature. Just my two cents, which albeit, aren't really worth **** anyways.

About Bulk 1-Carboxy, I have some and had it in my closet for a few months, now its in clumps and im assuming I'm not going to be able to use it. Does Bulk 1-Carboxy work well, meaning would it go good with the other 2 things?
I've used 1-Carboxy that has sat for a couple of months and it has worked just fine for me. The powder is just extremely hydroscopic. It would work quite well with phenibut but you might be feeling a bit groggy in the morning if you over dose.

As far as GABA is concerned... its great for systemic relaxation but it has minimal effects on the brain. If you're taking it to relax physically it will work, but IMO anything else is placebo. GABA has a very hard time crossing the BBB. [1]

[1] Kuriyama K, Sze PY (January 1971). "Blood-brain barrier to H3-gamma-aminobutyric acid in normal and amino oxyacetic acid-treated animals". Neuropharmacology 10 (1): 103–8. PMID 5569303.

Dirty Gerdy

Awards
Ashwagandha + Valerian Root + Melatonin is a stack that I like. I believe both Ashwagandha and VR act on the GABA pathway.

Phenibut takes 3-4 hrs to notice anything for me and doesn't necessarily have as much effect on putting me to sleep as it does its anti-anxiety effects. Once asleep on Phenibut I can sleep for a while though.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
In the past Valerian root worked very well for me, cant remember how I felt waking up from it though cause this was years ago but it did help me sleep. I would also highly recommend no caffeine past 3-6pm.

mawalega

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
if you want to have some fun too jus take a hefty dose of phenibut.. great to have a trippy time and it most defiantly has anti anxiety properties

james122

james122

Awards
  • Established
no bro it does clump up, you can still use it, just break it up it will still dissolve. I cannot answer about the other two things , I have never used them, But 1- crboxy solved my insomnia, although i do take two 1/4 tsp sometimes three 30 mins pre bed on and empty stomach. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
One thing I forgot to mention that's very important, don't wear sunglasses before 11am.
If you otherwise wont, try get 10-30 minutes morning sunlight on to your eyes between 7am-11am especially in winter, this helps adjust your sleep cycle.

bomb402

Awards
Turn off all light sources after 7pm and your body will get back into rhythm. I bet you watch TV in bed and do all kinds of crap like that.

purebred

One thing I forgot to mention that's very important, don't wear sunglasses before 11am.
If you otherwise wont, try get 10-30 minutes morning sunlight on to your eyes between 7am-11am especially in winter, this helps adjust your sleep cycle.
Come again? LOL

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1 Doxylamine succinate 25mg (generic unisom tabs, not the crappy gells, most powerful sedative sold a without script, and very safe.), 4 400mg valerian root, half 3mg melatonin

RAZORBACK09

Awards
  • Established
1 Doxylamine succinate 25mg (generic unisom tabs, not the crappy gells, most powerful sedative sold a without script, and very safe.), 4 400mg valerian root, half 3mg melatonin
Suggest that for bed? Do you do this? Does it give you that "groggy" feeling?

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Ill help you get rid of that damn sleeping! Do some meth. Youll be up for days.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

RAZORBACK09

Awards
  • Established
Where do you find the best deal on the 1 doxylamine succinate? (If i'm allowed to ask that in OTC drug section)

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Best sleep ive gotten is while i was using HGHpro by AI. Popped 4 caps 30 minutes before bed on an empty stomach and i was out like a light. You may wanna give it a shot.

RAZORBACK09

Awards
  • Established
Doxylamine succinate and melatonin have worked great so far. Got to bed an hour or so earlier then normal even waking up on the same cycle. I'am a bit tired but I feel ok once i'm up for a bit. I'm going to add in valerian root tonight.

I work out usually around 6PM, but it's the only possible time I can.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Xdream and the sleep stack by PP. The tea and oil

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Things like Tryptophan, Theanine, Hops and Chamomile (tea) are wonderful relaxants and suitable for daily use for those who work out in PM to take the edge off and get you in a relaxed state. They may not help you "fall asleep" but they have potent relaxation attributes and can be used with little worries of tolerance and put your CNS on the path for the ritual of sleep which begins much sooner than when you "go to bed". Higher doses Taurine also assists with "bringing one down" as well.

Sleep with some "white noise" (light fan/white noise machine/bathgroom fan - keep door slightly ajar) and make sure the room is COOL/COLDER (temperature definitely impacts sleep) and COMPLETELY DARK (any light "may" disrupt sensitive sleepers). This incliudes little items like turning the alarm clock with the LED lights away from you and turning your cell OFF.

Watch the carbs too close to sleep (I aim for ZERO 2-hours prior) as insulin is antagonistic to GH and therefore CAN adversely affect GH-pulse/release. Conversely, protein rich meals assist in GH-release.

Go to bed and rise at the SAME TIME DAILY to re-train your brain and establish a pattern.

I work out usually around 6PM, but it's the only possible time I can.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tried a sample of ALRI's Comatose the other night and let me tell you....it put me in a COMA!! I usually wake up at least once during the night if not more times. I woke up from this stuff wondering what the hell happened. It was game over once my head hit the pillow. I am going to purchase a bottle a see how it holds up over time. Just thought I would share with you...

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
YUP - I tried it too. Know what scares me about that product from ALRI? It works very well for ONE TAB!!

To be fair and perhaps unfair from a responsible consumer perspective; ALRI got busted spiking their product (original version) VENOM (which was a KILLER product) so who the heck knows what this company threw in there to make it SO potent for ONE darn cap. Great product IF it's SAFE!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
YUP - I tried it too. Know what scares me about that product from ALRI? It works very well for ONE TAB!!

To be fair and perhaps unfair from a responsible consumer perspective; ALRI got busted spiking their product (original version) VENOM (which was a KILLER product) so who the heck knows what this company threw in there to make it SO potent for ONE darn cap. Great product IF it's SAFE!
I had these same thoughts running thru my head when I woke up from the 1 cap COMA. I just have a hard time believing they would continue that agenda. Stuff works though!!

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Get used it to unscrupulous tactics of everyone bro. Anytime there is money or power or success involved, there is an a**hole trying to decieve you or steal from you. Just the way of the world. ;)

I just have a hard time believing they would continue that agenda.

pittguy578

Awards
Ambien-really the only thing that is guaranteed to work and doesn't have any long term physical side effects i.e. weight gain or diabetes.

wontstop985

wontstop985

Awards
  • Established
Ambien-really the only thing that is guaranteed to work and doesn't have any long term physical side effects i.e. weight gain or diabetes.
I don't like Ambien...

I feel better sleeping 5 hours without Ambien than 8 hours with it. And half the time I wake up 3-4 hours after taking it anyway. It absolutely puts me to sleep every time, though.

Might just be me.

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
I don't like Ambien...

I feel better sleeping 5 hours without Ambien than 8 hours with it. And half the time I wake up 3-4 hours after taking it anyway. It absolutely puts me to sleep every time, though.

Might just be me.
You could try looking into Rozarem (ramelteon). It skips GABA receptors entirely and binds strictly to melatonin receptors. In study a with cats comparing ramelteon to otc melatonin it had a ~3x longer and more profound effect on the EEG of the sleeping cats. Wikipedia it if you're interested.

StimAthelete

Awards
If I know I need to sleep within an hour I take one 10mg Flexeril (cyclobenzaprene). I have a very addictive personality and I have never abused this drug nor become dependent on it. I probably take it once a week or less. The potential problems with this though is that it is a prescription muscle relaxer, and I have heard that it really won't affect you if you have any kind of tolerance to a "downer" or benzo of any sort. Also, for the less-law inclined, or for those in legal-medical states, some good old herb will chill you out.
Or read.

Best of luck to you, and although mine's not neearrly as severe, I know that trying to sleep can be hell some (most) nights.