Help me get rid of my sleeping problems! - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Help me get rid of my sleeping problems!

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Xdream and the sleep stack by PP. The tea and oil
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

2. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by purebred View Post
    Come again? LOL
    It is common knowledge that sunlight exposure affects the circadian rhythm.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Things like Tryptophan, Theanine, Hops and Chamomile (tea) are wonderful relaxants and suitable for daily use for those who work out in PM to take the edge off and get you in a relaxed state. They may not help you "fall asleep" but they have potent relaxation attributes and can be used with little worries of tolerance and put your CNS on the path for the ritual of sleep which begins much sooner than when you "go to bed". Higher doses Taurine also assists with "bringing one down" as well.

Sleep with some "white noise" (light fan/white noise machine/bathgroom fan - keep door slightly ajar) and make sure the room is COOL/COLDER (temperature definitely impacts sleep) and COMPLETELY DARK (any light "may" disrupt sensitive sleepers). This incliudes little items like turning the alarm clock with the LED lights away from you and turning your cell OFF.

Watch the carbs too close to sleep (I aim for ZERO 2-hours prior) as insulin is antagonistic to GH and therefore CAN adversely affect GH-pulse/release. Conversely, protein rich meals assist in GH-release.

Go to bed and rise at the SAME TIME DAILY to re-train your brain and establish a pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZORBACK09 View Post

I work out usually around 6PM, but it's the only possible time I can.
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I tried a sample of ALRI's Comatose the other night and let me tell you....it put me in a COMA!! I usually wake up at least once during the night if not more times. I woke up from this stuff wondering what the hell happened. It was game over once my head hit the pillow. I am going to purchase a bottle a see how it holds up over time. Just thought I would share with you...
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

YUP - I tried it too. Know what scares me about that product from ALRI? It works very well for ONE TAB!!

To be fair and perhaps unfair from a responsible consumer perspective; ALRI got busted spiking their product (original version) VENOM (which was a KILLER product) so who the heck knows what this company threw in there to make it SO potent for ONE darn cap. Great product IF it's SAFE!
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    YUP - I tried it too. Know what scares me about that product from ALRI? It works very well for ONE TAB!!

To be fair and perhaps unfair from a responsible consumer perspective; ALRI got busted spiking their product (original version) VENOM (which was a KILLER product) so who the heck knows what this company threw in there to make it SO potent for ONE darn cap. Great product IF it's SAFE!
    I had these same thoughts running thru my head when I woke up from the 1 cap COMA. I just have a hard time believing they would continue that agenda. Stuff works though!!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Get used it to unscrupulous tactics of everyone bro. Anytime there is money or power or success involved, there is an a**hole trying to decieve you or steal from you. Just the way of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    I just have a hard time believing they would continue that agenda.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.

Ambien-really the only thing that is guaranteed to work and doesn't have any long term physical side effects i.e. weight gain or diabetes.
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by pittguy578 View Post
    Ambien-really the only thing that is guaranteed to work and doesn't have any long term physical side effects i.e. weight gain or diabetes.
    I don't like Ambien...

I feel better sleeping 5 hours without Ambien than 8 hours with it. And half the time I wake up 3-4 hours after taking it anyway. It absolutely puts me to sleep every time, though.

Might just be me.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I don't like Ambien...

I feel better sleeping 5 hours without Ambien than 8 hours with it. And half the time I wake up 3-4 hours after taking it anyway. It absolutely puts me to sleep every time, though.

Might just be me.
    You could try looking into Rozarem (ramelteon). It skips GABA receptors entirely and binds strictly to melatonin receptors. In study a with cats comparing ramelteon to otc melatonin it had a ~3x longer and more profound effect on the EEG of the sleeping cats. Wikipedia it if you're interested.
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Thank you, I will look into that.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.

If I know I need to sleep within an hour I take one 10mg Flexeril (cyclobenzaprene). I have a very addictive personality and I have never abused this drug nor become dependent on it. I probably take it once a week or less. The potential problems with this though is that it is a prescription muscle relaxer, and I have heard that it really won't affect you if you have any kind of tolerance to a "downer" or benzo of any sort. Also, for the less-law inclined, or for those in legal-medical states, some good old herb will chill you out.
    Or read.

Best of luck to you, and although mine's not neearrly as severe, I know that trying to sleep can be hell some (most) nights.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Squating problems b/c of knee & other problems - help
    By gettin'old in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-15-2011, 01:25 PM
  2. Need Help Sleeping
    By AnthonyIOSOS in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 11:46 PM
  3. Having problems sleeping...
    By medic620 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17