HELP: Brokaid ECA stack...

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
Ok, So, I started at 140lbs @ 10% BF, so I never worried about losing weight or cutting, however, I have been lifting 3+years, and am 205 at 15% BF.

Anyways, Just started looking into the whole weight loss thing, and seen that the ECA stack is a very good choice. I am going to use Bronkaid since I cannot get my hands on straight Ephandrine. I am lost on dosing tho! Does anyone have any suggestions?

I see most people take 25mg E, 200mg Caffine, and I dont know about the Asprin. But, are they doing these does's 1-2-or3x a day?

Also, is the Asprin needed? I dont want to put extra stress on my kidneys...What is it even there for?

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
To put it simply, the aspirin is needed because it makes the ephedrine and caffeine more effective.

Aspirin inhibits an enzyme (cyclooxygenase) which produces primarily two ligands: prostaglandins and thromboxanes. Prostaglandins inhibit lipolysis in cells. So if you lower the production of prostaglandins, there is the potential for a higher occurance of lipolysis. Which equals a higher use of fat for "fuel" in the cells.

The one time I ran ECA the 3x daily protocol worked for me. I also have a high metabolism, so stimulants don't really affect my quality of sleep. Depends on your sensitivity.

I dosed ECA at 25mg/200mg/325mg respectively. I've also broken up the ephedrine tablets in two, and taken 12.5mg about every 2-3 hours. I've heard this is more effective... who knows. Ephedrine has a pretty short half life anyways.

Patrick Ewing

Awards
From my reading, you only need one 325mg asprin daily or use 3 baby asperins.

It will work without asprin, just the effects are enhanced. I always forget to take the asperin :(

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
From my reading, you only need one 325mg asprin daily or use 3 baby asperins.
I've heard that too. Probably preferable to 325mg 3x daily because its easier on the stomach and the liver.

It will work without asprin, just the effects are enhanced. I always forget to take the asperin
From anecdotal experience EC is quite effect by itself. Some people also use salicin (white willow bark extract), which converts into salicylic acid in the body. I'm not entirely sure how effective it is compared to aspirin, but it seems to be on the easier side for stomach irritation.

I've heard of others megadosing fish oil with EC... which is beyond me. EPA is a direct substrate for prostaglandin's so it would seem counterproductive.

I'll finish with Yohimbine. ECY stacks wouldn't be my ideal choice, but no doubt they are damn effective. The EY combo would potentiate each other quite nicely. Using alpha-yohimbine instead would be even better because of its higher potency and long half life. With this you would have to be careful about blood pressure and arrythmia, this would be one of those heart stopper combinations if you don't have a high enough stim tolerance or are sloppy with your doses.

Just some food for thought

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Can anyone else omment on the effect of breaking the pills in half, and spreading the dose?

Bacya

Awards
So you are taking 25mg of ephedrine three timea daily. Or 25mg split into three doses?

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, typically 25mg three times a day. Otherwise you can split them into 12.5mg's and take them like every two hours. Hearsay is it makes ephedrine more effective, something due to short half-life and avoiding receptor down-regulation... but that's just hearsay. I not too fresh with the science on it

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
You can get some primatene its ephedrine hcl which is stronger and comes in 12.5mg pills. generic brand box of 60 is 9$

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Can anyone else omment on the effect of breaking the pills in half, and spreading the dose?
A user on another forum just logged 12.5mg x 3/day. He reported that the stim effect diminished substantially after 3-5 days. However, fat loss continued despite the stim tolerance.

I tried it for 1 week just to experiment and lost 2 pounds without changing anything else. Just a disclaimer, I've always responded unusually well to ephedrine so I dunno if the low dose would work that well for everyone.

onzero

Awards
the following is supported by medical literature:

the real reason ECA works is not increased fat metabolism, it's the anorectic effect... that is you eat less. approximately 15% of the fat loss is due to direct metabolic effects, but the other 85% is simply reduced caloric intake.

ECA won't get you to 10% any better than a solid diet alone will... but it's not a bad thing to have around to use "as needed" when you're low on energy from dieting.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If your stock bodyweight is 140lbs, chances are, you're an ecto and can shed fat rather easily. You shouldn't need ECA, but the traditional doses are:

25mg Ephedrine
200mg Caffeine
80mg Baby Aspirin

Three times a day. Some people add in 10mg of Yohimbine-HCL for extra credit. However, I don't think you would need something so strong, being that you're naturally leaner built.

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
onzero- would you happen to have a link to the study by chance?

ECA won't get you to 10% any better than a solid diet alone will... but it's not a bad thing to have around to use "as needed" when you're low on energy from dieting.
Agreed. I've always viewed the majority of weight loss aids as the "icing on the cake" so to speak. Nothing will ever replace a solid diet, when I used to work at GNC I would always stress this to customers looking at diet pills... and lost some commission too once they realized there was no such thing as magic in a pill.

TheDude84

Awards
you may find this useful. it basically outlines everything one needs to know about using EC / ECA

Well, I guess I can't post links yet, but search for drumlib dot com and read what there is on ECA. Sorry for the required work around...