2 different phenibut forms= different strengths?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.51%

2 different phenibut forms= different strengths?

I was looking at the different forms of phenibut found in the Primaforce brand and the Nutraplanet brand, reading reviews on how Primaforce phenibut wasn't NEARLY as strong as Nutra's (I also know this from experience). I noticed two different forms of phenibut between the two:

B-phenyl-y-Aminobutyric acid (Primaforce Phenibut)

4-amino-3-phenylbutyric Acid HCL (Nutraplanet- certificate of analysis) and beta-phenyl- gamma-aminobutyric acid on label

Is the slight variation in the Nutraplanet brand what seems to make it much more effective than Primaforce's brand of phenibut? Same exact chemical or slightly different? It would be good to know so I don't make the mistake of buying the weaker version again

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.5%

2 different nomenclatures for the same drug

Wikipedia has a picture of the structure:
    Count the carbons (4 total)....which gives you the but- prefix (1=meth, 2=eth, 3=prop, 4=but, etc.)
    Find the group that has the most polarity, that goes first . . . on the 4th carbon, there is an amino group: 4-amino
    The next group on the chain with polarity is the phenol ring: 3-phenyl or phenol

The structure itself is an acid (due to the OH and double bonded oxygen groups). which is the acid!

The first name.....B-phenyl-y-....... is just another way to state all this information in a different way!
    On the Nutraplanet label, the beta is the symbol "B", gamma is "y".

Nutraplanet may use a more "pure" form of the chemical...who knows.
    Last edited by PurduePharmD; 08-08-2009 at 10:23 PM. Reason: clarification
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%

wow this is interesting i love the phenibut powder i like the feeling not the taste lol.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.43%

Quote Originally Posted by testosteronet View Post
    Masking the taste is easy, just dump a gram or 2 in some berry propel, or get a water bottle and mix the propel powder with it...can't even taste it...however you do aquire a taste for it after a while...
    Yup. I just dump the stuff in my mouth now. I'm used to the taste.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.44%

Quote Originally Posted by swoody View Post
    I was looking at the different forms of phenibut found in the Primaforce brand and the Nutraplanet brand, reading reviews on how Primaforce phenibut wasn't NEARLY as strong as Nutra's (I also know this from experience). I noticed two different forms of phenibut between the two:

B-phenyl-y-Aminobutyric acid (Primaforce Phenibut)

4-amino-3-phenylbutyric Acid HCL (Nutraplanet- certificate of analysis) and beta-phenyl- gamma-aminobutyric acid on label

Is the slight variation in the Nutraplanet brand what seems to make it much more effective than Primaforce's brand of phenibut? Same exact chemical or slightly different? It would be good to know so I don't make the mistake of buying the weaker version again
    I had just finished ordering re-ordering my Primaforce when I read this. I immediately went to the NP store and ordered a couple 50g bottles. If it's as potent as people are saying I'l buy a damn kilo next time! lol

Similar Forum Threads

1. Do you agree sometimes Pro BBs have crappy forms
    By Markusrulezzz in forum Pro Bodybuilding
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2010, 02:43 PM
  2. DHEA and its different forms
    By koi1214 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-07-2010, 06:04 PM
  3. Forms of MMV2?
    By rush808 in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 1