2 different phenibut forms= different strengths?

swoody

swoody

Awards
  • Established
I was looking at the different forms of phenibut found in the Primaforce brand and the Nutraplanet brand, reading reviews on how Primaforce phenibut wasn't NEARLY as strong as Nutra's (I also know this from experience). I noticed two different forms of phenibut between the two:

B-phenyl-y-Aminobutyric acid (Primaforce Phenibut)

4-amino-3-phenylbutyric Acid HCL (Nutraplanet- certificate of analysis) and beta-phenyl- gamma-aminobutyric acid on label

Is the slight variation in the Nutraplanet brand what seems to make it much more effective than Primaforce's brand of phenibut? Same exact chemical or slightly different? It would be good to know so I don't make the mistake of buying the weaker version again :)

PurduePharmD

Awards
2 different nomenclatures for the same drug

Wikipedia has a picture of the structure:
Count the carbons (4 total)....which gives you the but- prefix (1=meth, 2=eth, 3=prop, 4=but, etc.)
Find the group that has the most polarity, that goes first . . . on the 4th carbon, there is an amino group: 4-amino
The next group on the chain with polarity is the phenol ring: 3-phenyl or phenol

The structure itself is an acid (due to the OH and double bonded oxygen groups). which is the acid!

The first name.....B-phenyl-y-....... is just another way to state all this information in a different way!
On the Nutraplanet label, the beta is the symbol "B", gamma is "y".

Nutraplanet may use a more "pure" form of the chemical...who knows.

Last edited:

SpeedFreak21

Awards
wow this is interesting i love the phenibut powder i like the feeling not the taste lol.

Chops89

Chops89

Awards
  • Established
Masking the taste is easy, just dump a gram or 2 in some berry propel, or get a water bottle and mix the propel powder with it...can't even taste it...however you do aquire a taste for it after a while...
Yup. I just dump the stuff in my mouth now. I'm used to the taste.

h22t88

Awards
I was looking at the different forms of phenibut found in the Primaforce brand and the Nutraplanet brand, reading reviews on how Primaforce phenibut wasn't NEARLY as strong as Nutra's (I also know this from experience). I noticed two different forms of phenibut between the two:

B-phenyl-y-Aminobutyric acid (Primaforce Phenibut)

4-amino-3-phenylbutyric Acid HCL (Nutraplanet- certificate of analysis) and beta-phenyl- gamma-aminobutyric acid on label

Is the slight variation in the Nutraplanet brand what seems to make it much more effective than Primaforce's brand of phenibut? Same exact chemical or slightly different? It would be good to know so I don't make the mistake of buying the weaker version again :)
I had just finished ordering re-ordering my Primaforce when I read this. I immediately went to the NP store and ordered a couple 50g bottles. If it's as potent as people are saying I'l buy a damn kilo next time! lol