pain killers meets the single kidney and more

littlebigman7

Awards
Hey all! new to these boards but an oldie on other boards, i am hoping to enjoy this one! So lets start off with a hard question...

I am in need of a straight answer

A little background. I am a kidney donor of 4 years and now only have the one left. Before that i did my share of AAS cycles while in college and after college. Havent done since. About a year ago i started taking vicodin or percs every Sunday as a way to relax just because it felt good. I never took it farther than that and still only do once a week, I also always use CWE so there is little to no apap in there. Currently i decided to give pro-hormones a test again. I would like to try AAS again one day but dont know about it. So here are my Q's

1) how dangerous is it long term to take a few vics once a week if i use CWE every time? Or is it even dangerous as long as i dont increase the frequency?

2) Adding to above should i take a break when on pro-hormones or does it not matter because of the CWE and no apap?

3) Would you think it would be ok trying AAS again one day due to the fact of the one kidney thing, or is that affect it much?

From what i know all the above has to do with the liver but i dont want it to trickle down and kill my one kidney either. I know this is a lot to ask, but i have never got a straight answer and feel you might be straight with me. thanks

Filthy McNast

Awards
Not worth the risk in my opinion. I've got what I thought were two healthy kidneys and have recently been having issues b/c of using Tren250, SUS500 and at times Vicodin, Motrin and other associated pain killers. My urine has started getting frothy and looks like a head on beer when in the toilet. I'm going to the Dr. this week, but it appears that my kidneys are letting protein seep through and something has weakened their filtration abilities. If you only have 1 kidney, it's just not worth the risk. Your kidney would be having to work Overtime IMO.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1) how dangerous is it long term to take a few vics once a week if i use CWE every time? Or is it even dangerous as long as i dont increase the frequency?

2) Adding to above should i take a break when on pro-hormones or does it not matter because of the CWE and no apap?

3) Would you think it would be ok trying AAS again one day due to the fact of the one kidney thing, or is that affect it much?
1) If all you have done is take a few vics once a week, as long as were talking a few and not a handful, it's fine. Not too much to worry about, people take pain meds for pain and drink occasional with one kidney all the time. It's heavy and habitual usage that is harmful.

2) If and I mean if you you choose to to PH again, DO NOT take vics while on.

3) I dunno man. Common sense says no, medical advice would say no, but that being said. The human body is incredibly resilient and people get away with doing bad sh8t to itself. I personally wouldn't risk it.

- I realize as you pointed out that most of eveything, vics, PH/AAS etc affect the liver, but in general terms if it affects the the liver it can affect the kidney's as well. Need proof? Just look at any label of anything that you know affects the liver. Tylenol, Motrin, Vicodin, alchohol etc. The counterindications will almost always say something like if you have liver disease and/or kidney...You get the picture.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You really need to discuss this in part with your doctor. Having documentation of your current renal (kidney) function would be a good start though (BUN/Creatinine/GFR and/or even a Renal Ultrasound.)

There have been numerous studies over the years (most of it inconclusive) on people living with one kidney, and the potential for increased incidence of medical issues (I.E. Hypertension and Kidney Failure.)

Our kidneys' play a major role in fluid balance, electrolyte balance, secretion of hormones, excretion of drugs, and they even metabolizes some drugs and hormones. This really isn't something you want to play around with by any means. Take care of this kidney, because the alternatives (Dialysis or Transplant) would alter your life SIGNIFICANTLY.

The following is a fairly intricate read, but very good overall:

http://pharmrev.aspetjournals.org/cgi/reprint/50/1/107.pdf

IMO, it's not worth the risks involved what-so-ever.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ha! I beat you Trauma, but far better versed you were.