Low vitamin D

paint2100

Awards
I recently had blood work done and my doctor sent me a script for 50,000iu of vitamin d. I was at school at the time and did not speak with my doctor. She wants me to take it once a week for 12 weeks and then have my blood work taken again. My diet has been very clean, currently working with Scivation on the cut diet, which has made this a surprise. Has anyone else dealt with this? I'm a pretty young guy so this was kind of a shock.

paint2100

Awards
i'd say moderate since its the winter. In the summer I am always outside. I could get more. would tanning booths have similar effects to be outside? I have never done it but if it would help ill go for it.

BodyGirl05

Awards
I think for now you should take the Vitamins. It does happen in people who are generally healthy. It's sometimes due to genes but, also like the other post said, it could be due to lack of sun exposure.

The supplement won't be too bad as long as you stick to it then your body will produce it regularly later on.

paint2100

Awards
I think for now you should take the Vitamins. It does happen in people who are generally healthy. It's sometimes due to genes but, also like the other post said, it could be due to lack of sun exposure.

The supplement won't be too bad as long as you stick to it then your body will produce it regularly later on.
Ok sounds good

rabican

rabican

Awards
  • Established
i take vit d, always get whole milk with vit d and try to go out in the sun as much as possible...

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
I recently had blood work done and my doctor sent me a script for 50,000iu of vitamin d. I was at school at the time and did not speak with my doctor. She wants me to take it once a week for 12 weeks and then have my blood work taken again. My diet has been very clean, currently working with Scivation on the cut diet, which has made this a surprise. Has anyone else dealt with this? I'm a pretty young guy so this was kind of a shock.
its nothing a multivitamin or your prescription cant fix. your doctor is concerned because if your vitamin d levels stay too low for too long you can get rickets.