Clomid as a test booster?

Broly

Awards
  • Established
Hi everyone!

I have a question but i realy don't know where to put it, so if this isn't the right place for it I please ask to someone change the place of it.
I want to know if it's possible to use Clomiphene Citrate alone to boost my natural levels of testosterone, much like in the ways of ATD, Formestane and others like them? If so, what are the proper dosages and the care that I must take to do it safely?
Once again I'm sorry if this isn't the proper place to put this question.

Cheers

dpfisher

He probably meant 170, as in weight. That's pretty slim for your height.

guyver2k

Awards
I'm interested in this too! When you type in clomid or nolvadex, you get a million threads and it can be time consuming to find the right one.
And never mind trying google. I can type anything in that search bar and still only come up with the female effects. any help would be GREAT

I wanna know the affects of them on someone not on anabolics (i.e. do you bust bigger loads? how much is ur testosterone boosted to? how long you should take it? Why is nolvadex better apparently?)

Brenn

Brenn

Awards
Hi Guys,
This idea was recently discussed on another board.

The conclusion was that, yes, around 25mg of Clomid works as a test booster and can add 200-300 points onto baseline Test levels. BUT it also raises E2 and SHBG, which is not good. You'd have high Test, but also high Estro killing the effect on libido (high test but no libido).

A low dose AI on the other hand, gives a test boost of 100-200 points above baseline, but borderline low E2. So again, high test, but low libido, due to too LITTLE E2 this time, instead of too much.

So, the final speculation was that low dose Clomid and a low dose AI together would raise test 300-500 points and give about the right level of E2 for good libido effect as well.

I guess we'll see. I'll be running a similar protocol in PCT; moderate Clomid with a low dose AI for 3 weeks. OR: Clomid for 1 week, then 2 weeks Clomid/AI together, then tapering the AI alone into the 4th week to avoid estrogen rebound.

Credit to member Supreme Dan for the research etc. behind the above protocol (not my PCT, but the rest). Not sure I can name the other board here.

guyver2k

Awards
hey man thanks a bunch ya really helped clarify that!

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi Guys,
This idea was recently discussed on another board.

The conclusion was that, yes, around 25mg of Clomid works as a test booster and can add 200-300 points onto baseline Test levels. BUT it also raises E2 and SHBG, which is not good. You'd have high Test, but also high Estro killing the effect on libido (high test but no libido).

A low dose AI on the other hand, gives a test boost of 100-200 points above baseline, but borderline low E2. So again, high test, but low libido, due to too LITTLE E2 this time, instead of too much.

So, the final speculation was that low dose Clomid and a low dose AI together would raise test 300-500 points and give about the right level of E2 for good libido effect as well.

I guess we'll see. I'll be running a similar protocol in PCT; moderate Clomid with a low dose AI for 3 weeks. OR: Clomid for 1 week, then 2 weeks Clomid/AI together, then tapering the AI alone into the 4th week to avoid estrogen rebound.

Credit to member Supreme Dan for the research etc. behind the above protocol (not my PCT, but the rest). Not sure I can name the other board here.

So then why not use Clomind and something like 6oxo and Activate for a natural cycle. Why don't more people do this?

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
So then why not use Clomind and something like 6oxo and Activate for a natural cycle. Why don't more people do this?
Well for one, there aren't any sponsors selling clomid. Nobody to pimp the stuff out.

Flyers2385

Awards
Didn't like clomid, will make you feel emotional and like a woman on pms during your PCT. I'd pretty much try anything else next time.

Brenn

Brenn

Awards
That's actually what Ill be doing. Lower dose, longer PCT (4 weeks with Clomid + Transdermal ATD (AI) in moderate doses. I don't want to destroy Estrogen completely, just as much as I need to still maintain healthy libido and raise Test back to normal. The 4th week is to taper the ATD to avoid Estro rebound if possible.

I'll let you know how it works if interested.

Also search this thread here at AM: clomid-test-results

You'll see what we've talked about. The guy went to a TRT Doc and got on Clomid for 2 months @ 50mg (long+high dose). His test was 1100, but estradiol was 35! No libido, and it's no wonder. TRT Doc put him on Clomid + Arimidex at 1mg/day.

Flyers2385 is correct though; at 50mg for 2 months, I have to believe most people would feel some of these effects.

Last edited:

Broly

Awards
  • Established
but you are talking about doing this protocol as a PCT or as a "AI cycle"?
I'm asking this because I'm portuguese and there are some things that I'm not sure if i've understood them correctly

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
but you are talking about doing this protocol as a PCT or as a "AI cycle"?
I'm asking this because I'm portuguese and there are some things that I'm not sure if i've understood them correctly

I will be using as a Natural Test boosting cycle with an AI not PCT.

Broly

Awards
  • Established
This protocol?
"I guess we'll see. I'll be running a similar protocol in PCT; moderate Clomid with a low dose AI for 3 weeks. OR: Clomid for 1 week, then 2 weeks Clomid/AI together, then tapering the AI alone into the 4th week to avoid estrogen rebound."

nocturna1

Awards
I think clomid is bad idea, if you want, beter try with tamoxifen (nolvadex).

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think clomid is bad idea, if you want, beter try with tamoxifen (nolvadex).
Why is this a bad idea?

Why use nolvadex over clomid. In this situation would clomid be better?

Broly

Awards
  • Established
Chainsaw, will it be with the protocol I mention on my last post?

Broly

Awards
  • Established
Tanks alot for giving the dosages! Great answer.

Brenn

Brenn

Awards
Hi, sorry for the late reply. I was offline for a few days.

Yes, I'll be using this as PCT: "50mg Clomid with a low dose AI for 3 weeks. OR: Clomid for 1 week, then 2 weeks Clomid/AI together, then tapering the AI alone into the 4th week to avoid estrogen rebound."

I'll be using Clomid and not Nolvadex because Nolvadex has been linked to liver damage in several long term studies, whereas Clomid has not. I think it's not a good idea to stress the liver with methylated steroids, then with Nolvadex for another month. IMO, doing this several times a year for several years could cause a problem later on. This is of course, just my opinion.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does it matter what time of day you dose clomid?

Broly

Awards
  • Established
I guess there is a proper time to take it, as there is a time to take carbs and certain fatts, as there is a time to take your ZMA and so on and so on...
But I'm just guessing, I'm not the right person to explain that to you.

Brenn

Brenn

Awards
Clomid has a long half life, 5-7 days. So the timing shouldn't matter as some Clomid is always circulating if you are taking it on an "each-day" protocol.

As a rule, I always take products, whether AAS or PCT at the same times each day to establish a regular schedule for the body. Sort of like women with birth control pills do.

However, because Test is is said to be higher upon waking, I take the dose in the morning so that it works WITH my natural Testosterone peak, rather than stimulating it when it is naturally lower.

MarBaSxx

MarBaSxx

Awards
  • Established
I just want to add my experience to this discussion. I came off a cycle of tren extreme and my libido was shot. After a month of Clomid my libido was through the roof...Like i was getting erections just walking around. It was insane. I was also using Reversitol aswell

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
I just want to add my experience to this discussion. I came off a cycle of tren extreme and my libido was shot. After a month of Clomid my libido was through the roof...Like i was getting erections just walking around. It was insane. I was also using Reversitol aswell
im hoping my libido can be half that on clomid.