Burrrrrrpppp!!!..fish Oil.

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
I started taking fish oil caps. as reccomended about a week now for mild joint pain L. elbow..and i cannot stop belching..is this normal???:fool2:

LiveWire224

LiveWire224

Awards
  • Established
sorry..didnt mean to laugh..just funnny the...Buuuurrrrrppp thing

I take Fish-Oil everyday and no burps..

Make sure you take em on a full stomach!!! After meal

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
sorry..didnt mean to laugh..just funnny the...Buuuurrrrrppp thing

I take Fish-Oil everyday and no burps..

Make sure you take em on a full stomach!!! After meal
i do..but i guess washin it down with a diet coke doesnt help.

LiveWire224

LiveWire224

Awards
  • Established
Yeah..id say leave out the diet coke...try water for awhile and see if that helps

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Freeze them if they are caps, the burp is usually caused by a less pure oil and by freezing it you allow the cap to get all the way down before breaking down.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
get used to it.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
It goes away with continued fish oil use, it did for me anyway.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
After the amount of tuna and salmon I've been putting down (CKD) I can't even tell whats lunch and whats fish oil burps. Just start sucking down fish and it'll all smell the same.

(Freeze them)

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
i drank water all day today..had nothing carbonated..and still..burrrrppp!!...i really dont mind it as long as others experienced it as well. i guess it will go away in time..thanx guys.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I would say give up pop period.... but onto the subject

I take fishoil, I burp some but not from it usually, and it doesn't taste or smell.(has orange flavoring in it). They are liquid gels. The oil in mine is sardine, anchovy, and the gelatin is tilapia.

The freezer thing works, it doesnt really freeze per say, its not going to stick to your throat. When I used my old fishoil(which did make me burp) I just kept it in the fridge and it acually helped.

Try taking it with some whole grain bread.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Ive been refrigerating mine for a while...it helps. Never any fish burps...also, use nutra fish oil caps.....250ct for $10....great deal....sweet bottle too....:dance:

I have good luck freezing them.

arizonanewbie

arizonanewbie

Awards
Freezing works for me too. You can also buy enteric coated caps which don't dissolve in the stomach, but make it further down the GI tract, so no fish burps.

str1

str1

Awards
Keep it refrigerated, and keep sucking it down, the burps stopped for me after taking it regularly for a few months. Mind you, if the smell of the oil itself is very fishy and grotesque that is a definite indication of spoiled oil I'd say. Personally I buy cod oil in bottles, and drink it straight up (30-40ml per day), and I can definitely taste it when I get a "bad batch".

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
i have burped too on the fish oil, but if i throw my food on top of it, no problems. i also used the really fishy stuff for a long time, & recently tried a lemon flavored one from the vitamin shoppe. you could dump it on a salad, no fishy taste at all.

Tragnu

Awards
I use Carlson's Fish Oil, in oil form....it tastes like lemons and I don't have any issues. It's more economical than the pills, but a bigger pain in the ass. I am also megadosing it.

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
thanks 4 all the advise guys. i started freezin them bout 2 wks ago..lil better. i swear this stuff elevates mood.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks 4 all the advise guys. i started freezin them bout 2 wks ago..lil better. i swear this stuff elevates mood.
The DHA is primarily responsible for that. I actually switch to cod liver oil in the winter for it's higher DHA content and natural Vitamin D since I don't get much sun here up in Canada then.

Tragnu

Awards
The DHA is primarily responsible for that. I actually switch to cod liver oil in the winter for it's higher DHA content and natural Vitamin D since I don't get much sun here up in Canada then.
Hmm, think I should also start taking cod liver oil when I get out of iraq and back to england, we NEVER get sun...EVER!

smith06

Awards
take them with uni-liver...the best tasting burrrrpp!! you'll ever have...lol

beginner36117

Awards
I have not had any problems with burping

PowerlifterMB

PowerlifterMB

Awards
Somewhat, the burps taste like ass right?

iRishous

Awards
if you really can't stand it, you could switch to enteric coated capsules

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
I use Spectrum brand fish oil and always keep it refrigerated. I take mine with the first couple of bites of my meal and no problem. But if I take it at the end I'll burp fish oil.

SDNewbie93

SDNewbie93

Awards
After the amount of tuna and salmon I've been putting down (CKD) I can't even tell whats lunch and whats fish oil burps. Just start sucking down fish and it'll all smell the same.

(Freeze them)
hahah lol i tottally agree lol hahha.... i swear im gonna turn into a fish one of these days from all the tuna and salmon i eat haha....:lmao:

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I freeze them, it helps.

elabor

elabor

Awards
just take it right before bed, and you will miss any fish flavor during your sleep. And don't take it with carbonated beverages.

Cinn

Cinn

Awards
Carlson's in liquid form is the way to go IMO. Even if it doesn't get rid of your burps completely, they'll taste like lemon or orange. ;)

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
Drinking a good amount of water when taking fish oil caps helps me.

MikeMagz1013

Awards
Thats why ya buy the kind that says "no fish burbs" on it. :) But its not that bad...for me it just means that its working. Atleast its stickin around in you and absorbing

Josh76

Awards
You don't get the fish burps if you take an odorless fish oil. Nature's Bounty makes the one I take. I had those disgusting sardine smelling burps with the first brand that I tried, before I found the ones I use now. Definitly take them with a meal.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Punkrocker Male Anti-Aging Medicine 8
Supplements 37
CATdiesel76 Supplements 16
Dustin07 Supplements 22
GreenMachineX Supplements 19