Strive Observations

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I have recently received an order of supplements on Strive was on my list of next to try intra-workout drinks and will be my last (good thing). I have not stopped Cordygen 5 (great endurance/stamina product) and though I have been also on beta alanine, Andro Drive, and creatine as well, I noticed things from the Strive that I haven't experienced before. Strive must diffuse VERY quickly, because I notice that my recovery in between sets with weights and between intervals with cardio is VERY impressive. I know there are a few other factors in play, such as with Andro Drive I have the motivation and ambition to do more and to lift heavier, etc. However, with drive and ambition one needs fuel. I don't feel like I'm running on high octane fuel, I felt like that with VPX's Power Shock. I feel like I am on rocket fuel with this stuff.

When I mentioned the fast diffusion/osmosis part, I am saying that I could chug about 1/6 of my premixed Strive whilst doing cardio and after about 12-15 minutes I have to work significantly harder for the burn. No, it's not that I'm slowing down or my iPod BPM just got faster, it's a feeling that you notice like you are 'ready for take-off'.

I don't waste my time or yours by writing many reviews, as I think there are enough out there for a lot of products and unless a product REALLY strikes me as "Wow," I will not feel compelled to review it.

Here are some key points that I enjoy about the product:

1. More endurance, stamina, and less burn. You can push further and harder, so if you train properly and can handle the higher intensity or higher volume, then punch it to the max and give yourself adequate recovery time.

2. I ordered Cherry Limeaid, but ended up with Apple Melon and I do NOT like Apple flavored drinks. I personally never grabbed for the apple flavored Jolly Ranchers or salt water taffy, etc. It was a packaging error, but I tore into the product immediately and tried it. It mixed so instantly and dissolved so easily that I can actually find a concentration that became enjoyable. I also like the hint of carbonation from the bicarbonated electrolytes that adds a little bit of character (if you will) to the taste. I already have another tub coming in of the other flavor, so I can just add my Testforce 2 right in there and sip on that during the workout.

3. I must say that I don't get winded easily after sets with forced reps. I am totally serious, I wish I could explain it properly. I get into the mentality of persay.... If I'm doing cable flyes, I will pretend that I am in restraints at some kinda lab and I have to break free. It's a combination of a vivid imagination and ongoing, riveting, industrial music that makes my workouts jump from intense to insane. ....Here's the difference. Instead of being a bit light-headed and gasping to recover, I am pacing around whatever bench, seat, machine, etc. I am working out on and I am anticipating my next set like it's some kind of war.

Let me make myself perfectly clear: Andro Drive = gave me... excuse me... enabled me to find the motivation, desire, ambition to excel. Strive = I could turn all that motivation and ambition into new feets and probably PRs if I wasn't too busy having fun and being mentally engaged on the exercise itself and not the numbers. lol.

Conclusion: I really hope Strive doesn't change. I am honestly hooked on this for my intra-workout product. All things aside, this isn't meant for pumps or anything like that. This product has all the tools to allow you to achieve the kind of workout goals that you may have otherwise thought would take a SIGNIFICANTLY longer amount of time to achieve or maybe goals that you weren't even sure you could match. Well, I am sure that I would not like to train in the future without Strive, so there goes my addictive personality caving in and I find myself a 'Strive' customer for life.

Thank you very much Omega Sports for formulating and releasing this product. I heard about the hype that was going around a while back and waited patiently for this to release and I had no doubt that it would be good, but not this good. I was excited about the flavor, as the head guy for Omega Sports was saying that he wanted to nail down the taste and I will add that if I am stuck on this product with the selected flavor that's not in my favor, I can only imagine how good the damned Cherry Limeaid is going to be!

Now that, my friends as they say, is that!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have finally finished my first tub of strive and it was so effective I feel I need to write a review soon (I wanted to use a full tub to give a fully comprehensive review). My review will echo many of the things you said in here once I get to it. Strive is some amazing stuff IMO and I already ordered several other tubs so that I wouldn't run out ;)

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I have finally finished my first tub of strive and it was so effective I feel I need to write a review soon (I wanted to use a full tub to give a fully comprehensive review). My review will echo many of the things you said in here once I get to it. Strive is some amazing stuff IMO and I already ordered several other tubs so that I wouldn't run out ;)
I hear ya about making sure to stock up! It's one of those things where you could get to the gym just in time to get a workout in before closing and you may contemplate speeding home and cutting down the workout or going home, because you don't feel you can do it 'big'. lol.

I am definitely going to cross my fingers that this isn't discontinued or some bull ;)

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's a great product. Ingredients wise, it's the best intra-workout on the market right now. But I do not like that Apple Melon flavor at all, and the carbonation doesn't help. I'll be trying the Cherry Limeade soon.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I recently received my first order from Omega...I can't get over how much I've fallen for their products! Strive is AMAZING!

Can't wait to try some Ultima...although, the price is kinda steep.

Lastly, good to see you on here Kyle...you're reviews are always a good read!

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Looks like good stuff but at a buck a scoop its pretty expensive. Do you use only 1 scoop per workout?
It's definitely REALLY good stuff. I do use 1.5 scoops in a glass Voss tube water container with a full amount of filtered water. I started doing some crazy long training sessions, because I am having fun doing them and recovering fine. I'll do a full body workout (either HIT or a heavier day) and then 45-60 minutes of cardio at an endurance athlete heart rate. I am aware of the catabolic effects of longer volume, higher intensity, etc. But I am also aware of how my body handles certain stimuli and such, so I have to say that this Strive is keeping me in the green zone as far as being able to perform and continue to excel!.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I recently received my first order from Omega...I can't get over how much I've fallen for their products! Strive is AMAZING!

Hey Rob! I love the formula of Ultima, but I don't want to take any nootropics really. Even when I was able and willing to try anything, Ultima put me in a zone, but not the zone I wanted to be in. I was too TUNED in and I honestly did not want to be disturbed by anything or anyone and the social light bulb totally fizzled out. I know it sounds good in a way and I know everyone is different, but the effect lingered around when I left the gym and I had a hard time getting out of the 'leave me alone, I'm training' mode and thus, would either let the rest of the night ride out or end up taking something to enhance my mood.

It's always good to see you, Rob! I hope everything (including to, but not limited to your training) is going great. The many times we've chatted up were always enjoyable. Don't be a stranger, bruh!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Strive has done wonders for my workouts. My age doesn't lend well to long workouts but with Strive in the mix I am like the energizer bunny. I use 2 scoops of Strive, a scoop of swedish oat starch intra and come out of my workouts feeling great. Before Strive I would be totally wiped out post workout. Definitely hope this stays around!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Ya Strive+Ultima is the Ultimate stack ;)

When using just one scoop of each it can last up to 40 workouts...I find them to be a great value based on how many benefits they give me.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What other intra-workouts have you used?

I usually just use a flavored intra to cut my bulk BCAAs, but I have Nimbus's Bodyguard coming to test out, which has electrolytes, as well. I'm interested if you'd used anything like this before (I know you mentioned Power Shock). I'm curious how big of a difference the electrolytes will make.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have been itching to try Strive ever since I fell in love with Flashover. Flashover is the only Omega product I've tried, but it is easily my favorite pre-workout. Strive isn't cheap, but if it is as effective as Flashover it will be worth every penny. It's on my list!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been itching to try Strive ever since I fell in love with Flashover. Flashover is the only Omega product I've tried, but it is easily my favorite pre-workout. Strive isn't cheap, but if it is as effective as Flashover it will be worth every penny. It's on my list!

Yeah I love Flashover. No prop blends is another reason I trust Omega Sports. I may end up trying strive when I run out of Ergo Blitz but I have a lot of that so it will be a while.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah I love Flashover. No prop blends is another reason I trust Omega Sports. I may end up trying strive when I run out of Ergo Blitz but I have a lot of that so it will be a while.
yeah, I love that they don't do the proprietary blends too....and that they're cGMP!!!!

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
What other intra-workouts have you used?

I usually just use a flavored intra to cut my bulk BCAAs, but I have Nimbus's Bodyguard coming to test out, which has electrolytes, as well. I'm interested if you'd used anything like this before (I know you mentioned Power Shock). I'm curious how big of a difference the electrolytes will make.
Welll.... I've tried (scratches head and takes a deep breath):

1. Xtend (old and new and in various flavors)
2. Modern BCAA
3. Power Shock
4. Chain'd Out
5. Huma Pro (intra-workout use)
6. LG's EAA+BCAAs
7. bulk EAAs and bulk BCAAs from BN
8. Purple Wrath
9. Intra Pro (lots of samples)
10. ....much more older formulas too

I enjoyed most of these. Did I get any noticeable difference? Probably, but nothing I could feel. Power Shock does give GREAT energy and stamina boost. I'm thinking of mixing 1 scoop of the lime splash flavored Power Shock with Cherry Limeaid Strive and even adding in 1 scoop of cherry Testforce 2. The flavoring of Power Shock and Testforce are very subtle and refreshing. I have Power Shock on the way, so I will let you know how it tastes mixed with the Strive ;)

Strive took care of some cramping issues I've had as well. That's one reason I am thoroughly impressed with it's osmolytic properties. I can also take a large gulp while doing cardio and after about 10 minutes of constant high pace aerobics, I feel the burn going away and I can actually go faster.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Damn have a tub just sitting here... told myself I wouldn't open it until I finish my bulk Modern Bcaas and xtend. UUGHHHH!!!

Great review, very detailed!

3utcher

3utcher

Awards
it's the best intraW on the market actually, due to peptopro (wich no company have in their products), BCAA and LCLT.

Now, what i don't like :
- Adding bicarbonates into it is stupid, it reacts with everything in it (peptopro/bcaa/malate/tartrate). At least you put placebo amounts in it, so you don't lose too much money.

- The taste is not as good as some may say, it's very salty (because of bicarbonates..)

- It's pricey. inb4 every intraW is $2/srv.
Strive is £39,99 @PN.com
peptopro is £39,99 / 1kg , so £0,32/8g (found on myprotein)
iBCAA is £47 / 1kg, so £0,47/8g (found on myprotein)
LCLT is £24/300g , so £0,16/2g (AI sports on PN)
this go for £0,95 instead for the £2,00.

you're missing the flavoring, malate, P5P (wich aren't that expensive).

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Damn have a tub just sitting here... told myself I wouldn't open it until I finish my bulk Modern Bcaas and xtend. UUGHHHH!!!

Great review, very detailed!
Thanks brother! As far as the flavor.... I enjoy it a bit more with the lime splash Power Shock and 1 scoop of Testforce 2 in it.

strester

strester

Awards
  • Established
Well, I've been going back and forth all day on whether to give the new Xtend a shot or Strive. I've been on the old Xtend for years as my intra staple.

You have made my decision now. Placing my order for Strive. Thanks for the well-written review.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Let us know what you think, very interesting product that I want to give a whirl.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I really need to get around to writing a review of this stuff soon (all I ever seem to have time for is work and working out lately :( ). I will say been through two tubs of the Apple Melon and I love Strive so far. Got in a tub of Cherry Limeade and while I personally don't care for that combo of flavors I think I may like it more than the Apple Melon flavor! :35:

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interested in more reviews and thoughts.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interested in more reviews and thoughts.
You should just get some :D As a fellow Batman fanatic I am sure you will not be disappointed ;)

Truly though if these are the kind of products you find effective (intraworkout products are not optimal for everyones situation IMO) then Strive is a must. I used to use Intrabolic pretty much exclusively but I think Strive edges it out just a little bit.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You should just get some :D As a fellow Batman fanatic I am sure you will not be disappointed ;)

Truly though if these are the kind of products you find effective (intraworkout products are not optimal for everyones situation IMO) then Strive is a must. I used to use Intrabolic pretty much exclusively but I think Strive edges it out just a little bit.
May just follow this advice. Honestly I haven't ever really used a "dedicated" intra-workout product, closest thing is probably Xtend.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Reviews have been overwhelmingly positive thus far. Also, we are still tweaking the flavors and hope to improve them here with the next production run.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Stuff looks awesome but very expensive.
I hear ya but quality is rarely cheap.
a little spendy, yes...but, there are very few cGMP products that compare on effectiveness and price. lately, I've been trying to stick with products that are produced cGMP and find the quality to be superior, but the price is a little higher. But, it gives me more confidence with what I'm putting in my body.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Tell you a little about the quality of ingredients going into Strive...

Ajinomoto refuses to sell their material not only if it fails their stringent purity standards, but also they will not start selling it again until they can determine why it was not up to par. Makes for longer wait times, but lets you know you are getting truly the best aminos possible.

strester

strester

Awards
  • Established
I've been on Strive for a couple of weeks and really like what I'm seeing ... I'm not feeling like the gas tank is empty at the end of my workouts, recovery between sets has been a lot better than when I was on Xtend, and I'm going up on weight or reps on nearly every set of my power/muscle/burn routine

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established

Ajinomoto refuses to sell their material not only if it fails their stringent purity standards, but also they will not start selling it again until they can determine why it was not up to par. Makes for longer wait times, but lets you know you are getting truly the best aminos possible.
Is that what's going on with Ajipure amino's??! Been trying to find bulk L-Leucine for a while now.

3utcher

3utcher

Awards

What about LCLT ? Where is it from ??

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
We could not come to an agreement with Lonza to purchase theirs (we can barely use 1/10 of a would-be needed order).

However, unlike the Ajinomoto aminos and PeptoPro protein, they claim no superior manufacturing process, or for that matter, end product.