glycine=glycerol?

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey omega guys im curious on how glycine can be a form of glycerol and how and why it replaced GMS in the flashover. And how is GMS even the same as glycerol for that matter? thanks guys

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
We removed the GMS primarily because it will not dissolve in liquid.

We chose to go with straight glycine as it completely and easily dissolves and since it is not bonded to fat like GMS, you essentially get more bang for your buck and without the added calories.

People that are able to handle 2 scoops (Because of the stims) have reported that the pumps are indeed out of this world.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Glycerine, Glycerol, Glycine, etc essentially all act as a way to pull more intercellular fluid into the cells, increasing pump, fullness and hopefully nutrient uptake.

Yes, they are all different compounds chemically, but they all serve the same purpose.

As to which one would be superior for the cosmetic purpose we're concerned with, I am not sure anyone really knows. Bodybuilders have been using Glycerine in liquid for for years before shows or photo shoots. When we introduced GMS a few years back, many people felt it to be superior to Glycerine, but many other have pointed out that GMS "cannot" be more effective as part of it is a fat that doe snot lend itself to cell volumization and therefore a pure glycine or glycerine would be better since you are getting more ingredient on a gram by gram basis.

I hope that makes sense. I am not a science guy, so I try to explain things in terms that make sense to me. Hopefully I did not make any gross errors.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Hey omega guys im curious on how glycine can be a form of glycerol and how and why it replaced GMS in the flashover. And how is GMS even the same as glycerol for that matter? thanks guys
I've discussed and suggested my years of use concerning Veg Glycerine in a few threads over the past few months, and my long love affair with VG only continues to demonstrate how useful it is. I highly suggest giving it a try, as it is an extremely inexpensive and water soluble liquid that will go to work and has human specific study relevance.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ahh i see now, thanks guys...it all makes a more sense now. I never liked GMS, it just makes me thirsty

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
outstanding, i hope NTBM hooks you up bc you do some serious work on this board

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
outstanding, i hope NTBM hooks you up bc you do some serious work on this board
Thank you so much, sincerely. I take a lot of personal pride in my ongoing efforts to reach out and offer objective and relevant applicable help to as many members as I can.

I truly am humbled and highly appreciative of your recognition my friend.

Yes, NTBM is an extremely generous company led by a very generous and honest captain. I am thankful for and endlessly privileged to receive the monthly compensation in supplements they offer, and will remain a steadfast supporter here and on other forums :)

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
well your doing a good job, i see you post on a lot of stuff, and your not always pushing your products either...thats refreshing

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
well your doing a good job, i see you post on a lot of stuff, and your not always pushing your products either...thats refreshing
THANK YOU!!

Again, I HAVE to personally express my thanks, because THAT is another effort I take huge pride in ensuring - that I'm not merely a puppet or parrot for a company merely because they ship me compensatory products each month. I DO OF COURSE highly believe in and support NTBM with steadfast resolve, but with thousands of products and years of experience, I understand forum members are in search of success in and out of the gym, and I would be doing them and my own reputation a huge disservice by only recommending the confined limited scope of one company.

:)

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey Outstanding, you stand behind veg glycerine correct?
What brand and how much do you use?
When would you use it?
What are the benifits?
How long should one use it and on what occasions?
Thanks again

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Hey Outstanding, you stand behind veg glycerine correct?
What brand and how much do you use?
When would you use it?
What are the benifits?
How long should one use it and on what occasions?
Thanks again
Awwwe shucks... you were just buttering me up to get me to disclose all my super secret secrets behind the top-secret secretly-used Veg-Glycerine program I have devised in... you guessed it... secret.

HA! :) I'm just being a goof, of course I'll tell you all that I know and like about its use, timing, and preferred brand. I am actually going to have to come back this evening though, and look for the link to another thread I posted a lot of my feedback in, I'm headed off to work right now, talk with you soon.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
hahahaha
thanks man cant wait to read what you have to say

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
hahahaha
thanks man cant wait to read what you have to say
Here are some quotes I was able to extract after looking around :) Thanks for reminding me by the way...

I went back to another thread where this was just discussed more in depth and I performed a little research, thought I would share a couple extracted quotes from that thread here for everyone :)

Very interesting excerpt found from my research, which is also encouraging and very sensible in its description of the method of action at work:

"A muscle pump occurs when fluid fills up the muscle cells. When you work out, your muscles create metabolic waste products that draw water into the cells. Since glycerol also attracts water, having more glycerol inside your muscle cells will enhance the pump you can achieve. It also pulls more water into your blood vessels, causing them to dilate and increasing their vascularity.

Researchers from the University of Glasgow (Scotland) found in a Z007 study that subjects who took both creatine and glycerol for seven days had nearly 40% more body fluid than a group that took just creatine, and almost 50% more fluid than a group taking just glycerol. This has important implications for hypertrophy: Muscle cell swelling stretches the muscle membrane and instigates processes that lead to long-term growth.

For better muscle pumps, take 10-30 grams of glycerol with 20-32 ounces of water about one hour before workouts. Also be sure to take creatine with your pre- and postworkout shakes for a synergistic effect."

BY JIM STOPPANI, PHD

Edit: After re-reading my own entry above, it just donned on me that this is from FLEX about four issues ago, I was so impressed by the write up offered by Dr. S, I once again implemented Glycerine into my regimen. In all honesty, is has been SO successful for me in my lifting and competing, I almost feel guilty sharing the 'secret' weapon; but we're all trying to achieve the same end result here, so enjoy! :)
Another helpful addendum to help all of you correctly measure our your Glycerine since it is advocated in grams above by Dr. S, yet comes in a liquid form: http://www.metric-conversions.org/weight/grams-to-ounces.htm

Simply use the calculator provided. Cliff Note: 30g of Glycerine = 1oz

Or... to make it EVEN EASIER (pandering for reps) 2 TABLE SPOONS :)
I see what you're saying here... not asking if the pump in and of itself is necessary to actuate hypertrophy, but rather if the over-and-above use of supplementation to enhance and exaggerate that pump is beneficial beyond a simple superficial gratification in the mirror?

I believe any compound administered that can create a favorable shift in the dynamic of training and/or muscle fullness will ultimately result in more expeditious nutrient delivery and toxin attenuation and disposal; compounding over the duration of months and years to promote a heightened increase in the rate of anabolism, recovery, and the cycle therein.
There's another activity I regularly engage in, moreso than usual while on HCGenerate, that is also self satisfying... but I digress.

The pump, is by no means a uni-faceted superficial moot pursuit in the quest to champion hypertrophy. -Outstanding ;)

I must respectfully disagree with no semblance of ambiguity in my stance - there is a well established myriad of physiological effects put into motion to activate the necessary machinery to expedite anabolism as both a result of and dependent upon the realization of the pump.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What glycerine/glycerol do you use Big O?

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
so its 10-30g? so .5 oz pre-wo? isnt that about 15g carbs or 1g for each 1g of glycerine?
thanks again, imma add this to my current routine and see if it really if it helps
how much do you use?

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
so its 10-30g? so .5 oz pre-wo? isnt that about 15g carbs or 1g for each 1g of glycerine?
thanks again, imma add this to my current routine and see if it really if it helps
how much do you use?
Hey amigo...

I just use the suggested study specific cited dosages (easy for me to say!) and never exceed 30g. Enjoy hombre!

Spanish!

:)

I'm hyper.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
lol glycerine is a sugar alcohol, so i may have to wait since those can be quite dangerous on the stomach

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
lol glycerine is a sugar alcohol, so i may have to wait since those can be quite dangerous on the stomach
THAT'S IT! I'm charging you for my advices you don't use! PAY UP! Pesos baby.

Yeah, I think I mentioned a couple times about it having a slight laxative effect... but it's not as dramatic as another polyhydric alcohol like xzylitol for instance, in chewin' gum.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
haha, where do i send the check?
Oh ok i see, so would it say be a good idea to add this intra-wo? just curious

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
haha, where do i send the check?
Oh ok i see, so would it say be a good idea to add this intra-wo? just curious
I have done that before... but ended up tossing that method to the wayside quickly for two reasons: I discovered the data suggests a much slower rate of absorption (should be taken up to a full hour before your workout begin), and it also does cause some stomach upsetting. When taken in the recommended amounts an hour before walking into the gym, everything is silky smooth.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ah ok thank you again, on my to try list lol

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
If I could rep you Outstanding I would but must spread reputation LOL, good stuff, gonna get me some VG, how many tablespoons of VG do you usually take 1 hour before training? I know you said 10-30 but I don't feel like doing the math LMAO.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It was 2 TBSP of VG 1 hour prior

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
If I could rep you Outstanding I would but must spread reputation LOL, good stuff, gonna get me some VG, how many tablespoons of VG do you usually take 1 hour before training? I know you said 10-30 but I don't feel like doing the math LMAO.
I did the math FOR YOU above, I'm gonna wring your neck! Get outta' here ya filthy animal... I'mma give ya to the count of 10......

OK, that's enough ha! Home Alone, Christmas and all.

It was 2 TBSP of VG 1 hour prior
One.......... Two................. TEN!!!

Thanks a lot LYF! :)