FlashOver Review

strester

strester

Awards
  • Established
First off, I've tried A LOT of different pre-workout products over the past 9 years so I know what I'm looking for in this product category. It is very rare that I review a product, but I feel that FlashOver is deserving of one after my experience with it so far. Omega Sports did NOT send me a sample or ask me to review this product. I bought this with my own funds after several weeks of research for a new pre-workout supplement. I'm 5'11, 215lbs, and into my second week of a recomp. I started my first two days with 1 scoop, then bumped it up to 2 scoops. I've been on this stuff for two weeks dosing anywhere from 4-6 days per week and 20-30min before my workout as directed on the label. Here is some feedback that may be helpful to other people considering this product.
  • Flavoring is spot-on
  • Great ingredient profile (no filler, just the stuff you want) and I was looking for a solid product with 1,3-dimethyl amylamine
  • For 45 servings, you can't get a much better deal at this price-point
  • Excellent energy and focus
  • Mixes good in a blender bottle - except for the GMS, which anyone who has experience with GMS knows this is always the case
  • I don't really care too much about 'pumps' since they don't represent an actual gain in muscle size, but I have noticed them during my workouts
  • Steady strength increases ... pushing out more reps or weight each workout
  • Endurance is epic ... I'm cranking out 45min workouts and following up with 30-40min of moderate cardio without feeling like I've depleted my gas tank
  • No crash ... this has always been a personal complaint of mine regarding pre-workout products.
All in all, 5 out 5

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
PUT THE POWDER IN YOUR MOUTH.
ADD WATER.
SWISH LIKE MOUTH WASH.
SWALLOW.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
I plan to try Flashover in the near future.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
If a product doesn't mix well just give it a good shake everytime before you take a drink.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Great review!

Very soon we'll have the GMS issue resolvedin regards to mixability.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
Everyone says the "pump" is worthless but ask the pros what they think. I used to be trained by Larry Scott. Larry says that a training session that does not result in a good "pump" is a wasted session. Larry subscribes to the "pump and go" philosophy. You workout out until you get the maximum pump and then quit. Going beyond this point is counterproductive. Arnold says the "pump" is essential to good gains. He also says that the "pump" is better than sex. The big boys believe that the "pump" is essential. I believe they know what they are talking about.

strester

strester

Awards
  • Established
Everyone says the "pump" is worthless but ask the pros what they think. I used to be trained by Larry Scott. Larry says that a training session that does not result in a good "pump" is a wasted session. Larry subscribes to the "pump and go" philosophy. You workout out until you get the maximum pump and then quit. Going beyond this point is counterproductive. Arnold says the "pump" is essential to good gains. He also says that the "pump" is better than sex. The big boys believe that the "pump" is essential. I believe they know what they are talking about.
thanks for the information regarding 'pump' ... but if you are referring to my bullet-point in the original post, nowhere in there did I say that the pump is worthless ... I simply said they don't "represent an actual gain in muscle size"... that being said, I agree with you that they do contribute to muscle growth .... and as I stated in my review, FlashOver has given me larger pumps during my workouts

strester

strester

Awards
  • Established
Great review!

interesting ... I don't know of any other product that contains GMS that has been able to resolve the issue ... not that it's really an issue

keep us posted :)

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
I've said it before and I'll say it again. FlashOver is the best pre-workout I've ever used. With my position at Nutraplanet, I try to remain very impartial but I won't use another pre-workout. I also take Purple Wraath from controlled labs. Best BCAA that I've come across. I haven't had a chance to try the new BCAA from USP Labs however.

strester

strester

Awards
  • Established
Wanted to update this review ... I just tried the new FlashOver formula yesterday and it completely dissolved. I took it to work with me and drank it on my way home from the office. Nothing remaining in my blender bottle by the time I pulled into my driveway.

I'm guessing the fix was switching from Glycerol Mono Stereate to Glycine ... at least that's the only change I saw on the ingredient profile

Great job Omega Sports!

ccnAbolic

ccnAbolic

Awards
  • Established
I always just thought of them as flavor crystals, and the issue resolved itself.

willib

Awards
  • Established
i would put it in hot water and drink like coffee in the morning before workout,seemed to dissolve better

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
This is my favorite pre-workout supplement. And an excellent price point. 45 servings for 25 bucks. Fantastic taste. Pretty much can't get any better.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
The taste is about to get better as well.

New and improved flavors coming soon!

NavyMuscle29

Awards
How did you guys feel this compared with MESO as far as energy levels?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Strester are you in any way affiliated with omega sport? I just wanna make sure i get An unbiased opinion before i purchase. Thanks

strester

strester

Awards
  • Established
Strester are you in any way affiliated with omega sport? I just wanna make sure i get An unbiased opinion before i purchase. Thanks
I'm not affiliated with anyone ... I bought my own tubs and posted the review without any contact or influence from Omega Sports

shinivan

Awards
  • Established
Great review!

Heard the old flashover formula delivered good pumps, wont the change from gms to glycine form affect negatively the pump factor on the new flashover? also has anyone tried the new apple and how this flavor compares to the old one is it better ??

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
People have theorized that straight Glycerine would be better than GMS because GMS is part glycerine and part fatty acid, whereas straight Glycerine would give you more on a mg per mg basis.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used the glycine version and found it to be one of the better pre-workout pumps out there.

shinivan

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the reply , gonna pick some for sure, which is better taste, candy apple or the punch? I dont mind the flavor too much but wonder which is the best to choose. Nothing can taste worse than diesel test preworkout. So to me everything out there is a treat. Im all for performance brotha , still would like to know which you guys has the upper hand in the flavor department, or should i just flip a coin??

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Punch was fine for me. I haven't had the Candy Apple yet but it sounds bomb!

evandem27

evandem27

Awards
Ordered both favors after reading the ingredients, for 15 bucks, 45 servings... How could you say no?!! Thats like 135 servings for the price of a lame bulky 40
Serving jug! Hell yeah!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just purchased another 2 bottles. I'm not one to go nuts over a pre-workout but this stuff works great. No prop blend either which is awesome!. You really can't go wrong with this product. I'm up to 3 scoops pre-workout.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm hitting 3 as well. The pumps are kicking!

shinivan

Awards
  • Established
Bros, im here to tell ya, The apple is freagin' delicious. It is really tasty stuff, in fact i put more water than usual so that i can have a refreshing drink before workout. Usually i take pwo in shot mode, that is put as less water as posible with the powder and drink it to avoid the lame taste of most stuff out there. However this apple is the bomb. Really tastes like apple juice to me. Im sticking to this flavor fo sho.

Just wanted to share for you guys.

cheers.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Thanks! We worked really hard on the new flavors!

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
a month ago i ordered jack3d and received samples of flashover, and i took the samples first and was blown away with focus and pumps and endurance, then took the jack3d definatly not the same, jack3d is good but flashover is BETTER. I finished the jack3d today but also ordered a tub of candy apple flashover a week ago and i cant wait for tomorrow morning to taste it!!!!!!! i was pissed this morning when i saw i still had one more serving of jack3d cuz i was expecting to open the flashover lol

grappler22

grappler22

Awards
I love flash over. Not sure of the version I have but it is sour apple. Mixes perfect, tastes great and works!! I use a few PWO powders and flash over is def a staple. I use it at least twice a week. D-stunner (Bettancourt) really works for me also but never mixes properly. Flash over mixes almost instantly and never leaves a residue. I always recommend it as a proven PWO.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yep, nothing I've tried compares to Flash Over.
Flashover is also my current king of pre-workout supplements. And I never find the need to go over one scoop. Plus it's cheap! I'm surprised it isn't talked about more.

grappler22

grappler22

Awards
Flashover is also my current king of pre-workout supplements. And I never find the need to go over one scoop. Plus it's cheap! I'm surprised it isn't talked about more.
I agree. There are so many PWO that are all hype. It is hard to find one that actually works. i'm going to order another tub of it, but I can't find the sour apple, the flavor is amazing.

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
flashover has DMAA in it and they just banned it, what are we to expect? and ive been taking two scoops pre workout and i only weigh like 175ish? do i need to reduce it to one cuz i do plan on finishing it even if a ingredient is banned, and will it affect me after ive been doing 2 scoops for a week and a half now id say...

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think there is enough flashover already manufactured to still be able to purchase it. At least for a few more months.

strester

strester

Awards
  • Established
I think there is enough flashover already manufactured to still be able to purchase it. At least for a few more months.
true, but I'm stocking up now after getting the farewell sale email from Nutraplanet

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, you guys may want to get in while you can. As you may have guessed, we're blowing this stuff out and when it is gone, it is gone.

strester

strester

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, you guys may want to get in while you can. As you may have guessed, we're blowing this stuff out and when it is gone, it is gone.
sad news is sad .... but I've got 8 tubs (4 of each flavor) arriving today