Ultima feedback thread - AnabolicMinds.com

Ultima feedback thread

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Ultima feedback thread

I havent seen this posted anywhere so here goes. I know its only been about a week, but Im assuming everyone who purchased the NEW Ultima is using it. Im curious to find out your opinions of the product, especially those of you that have used the first version.

It may be too soon to tell, but my personal experiences so far have been positive. The first day I took it pre-workout and I noticed pronounced lethargy. Im assuming that was due to the magnesium, so I have been using it post-workout instead for this past week. Give my body a chance to adjust, then I will switch back to pre-workout.

The only thing I really FEEL from taking Ultima is a mild niacin like flush for about thirty minutes. That said, I have seen an increase in strength already, and since it is the only thing I have added to my routine, Im assuming thats due to the Ultima. Those precious last few reps are coming a lot easier. So far, so good.

How has it been treating the rest of you guys?

Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I think the flush you feel is from the Beta Alanine content. I was using it for about a week but had to stop because I am beta testing another product. I liked my first impressions of it's ability to get me going without stims for my workout. I think with longer use it will really shine.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

Now that I have been thinking about it, the workouts I had last week were some of the best Ive had in a while. My calves are screaming as I type this (time for a Epsom bath) and things like my forearms that I didnt work on directly got indirectly ripped to the point of being sore. What this all tells me is that I am better able to push myself closer to failure.
    •   

I have been amazed by this product. I also felt the BA tingle, but I like that so I don't mind. The energy was great, it was a great focus, mind-muscle type of energy. A great contrast to the Hemo Rage I finished a week prior. The pumps were probably some of the greatest I ever experienced for a pre-workout. The only time I had a pump this good was back when made my leptigen mass ****tail preworkout. Strength increase is definately there, as well as an increase in reps to failure. I only take it on workout days, as I use 2 scoops now for a dose, and don't care to use it daily.

My only complaint is the flavor. It tastes like someone made a screwdriver in all the wrong ways. Definately alot of citrus, not much dew.

All in all, I am truly impressed with this product. I am about to order another tub because I am running out, and I plan on making this a staple in my regimen. While I am not happy when I drink the product, I forget all about that during my workout. Thank you Omega for a truly amazing product.

Yeah, I dont disagree; the taste is an aquired one.

That's not to suggest that there aren't worse things out there, but getting a perfect sense of what might mask some of the flavors of said compounds in exceedingly difficult.

For those that understand the pertinency, the use of the product outperforms the taste.

D_
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Agreed..a lot to mask here guys. I sort of liken it to Tang on steroids!!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

On non-training days I am assuming you would recommend Trinitine and a beta alanine product.
    What about on training days? Is there any need for additional creatine or beta alanine or will the pre-WO serving of Ultima provide enough of these?

Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    On non-training days I am assuming you would recommend Trinitine and a beta alanine product.
    Yes, if you are speaking to me.

What about on training days? Is there any need for additional creatine or beta alanine or will the pre-WO serving of Ultima provide enough of these?
    As with many things, that depends on goals. For the most part, I'd say you are safe to stay AWAY from the creatine (that includes extra Trinitine) but a decent beta-alanine product might be good to dose more throughout the day. I am a bit partial to about 1.5 grams 4 times through the day (inclusive of what comes from Ultima).

I am partial to the following beta-alanine containing products in non-biased fashion:

(1) MAN Sports Body Octane (hell, sometimes I am guilty of spiking my Ultima with it for taste too, but also nice on off days)

(2) VPX Power Shock - interesting product; I am uncertain there is enough research to say the "nitrates" will do anything above and beyond the call (or statistically significant) but the product is of decent design otherwise.

(3) Beverly Up-Lift - basic bare bones and tastes great! Does have some unaccounted for carbs not on the label to be wary about for the keto-ers out there.

(4) Molecular Nutrition Peak Beta -or- SNS Beta-Alanine for those low-carbers and so on...

D_

The man speaks! Bow your heads. LOL.

I actually had to stop taking it as I ended up in the ER with an attack of pancreatitus (not at all related to Ultima, but to some other habits of mine). I plan on resuming in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by BigNutz View Post
    I plan on resuming in a few weeks.
    Hopefully you are referencing the Ultima and not the "other habits."

D_
    Stats
    6'1"  229 lbs.

Just tried my first serving of Ultima, taste is fine by me but I like the sour taste more than the sweet syrup flavoring of some products. Definately on the sour side. Mixability is pretty good but is somewhat gritty, again something I don't mind. One thing I found out is that doing the sublingual delivery is easier with room temp water not really cold water. As to the effects I will update that after a few workouts. Look forward to trying this product and thank Omega for putting a quality product on the market.

My first experience with Ultima was yesterday, is the line on the scoop considered a scoop or all the way full is one scoop, I used a full scoop and a half and had a bad work out, I felt really geeked out like two much of a head high not a speedy heart rate feeling just a hard to focus out of it feeling and my eyes were really bloodshot while working out (not sure related just noticed the redness) I take Sam-E everyday and was wondering if that mixed with Ultima may have added to this really weird feeling, after working out I kinda crashed like on other pre workout products that have stims in them, this is the reason I was so excited to give this a try. I am sipping my Premax right now and have had excellent results with no crash, love this stuff !!!!! I will give Ultima another try next workout at maybe one scoop with no Sam-E on that day and see if these effects are not so extreme mentally. If anyone had any insight to my reaction I would love to here it .......

Quote Originally Posted by RipdnTxs View Post
    My first experience with Ultima was yesterday, is the line on the scoop considered a scoop or all the way full is one scoop, I used a full scoop and a half and had a bad work out, I felt really geeked out like two much of a head high not a speedy heart rate feeling just a hard to focus out of it feeling and my eyes were really bloodshot while working out (not sure related just noticed the redness) I take Sam-E everyday and was wondering if that mixed with Ultima may have added to this really weird feeling, after working out I kinda crashed like on other pre workout products that have stims in them, this is the reason I was so excited to give this a try. I am sipping my Premax right now and have had excellent results with no crash, love this stuff !!!!! I will give Ultima another try next workout at maybe one scoop with no Sam-E on that day and see if these effects are not so extreme mentally. If anyone had any insight to my reaction I would love to here it .......
    Try it post workout for a week, give you time to adjust. It made me tired when I first started it so thats what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by RipdnTxs View Post
    I take Sam-e all the time (400mg) and have never noticed anything from mixing the 2. It was the same when I ran the beta, there was never a problem, but everyones different.

A full scoop on my scales is exactly 17 grams, 1 serving. I think its been the first scoop Ive ever used that gives me the right weight!lol

Over all Im loving being back on Ultima again, Im 3 and half weeks in and feeling better than ever again!

Im sure im alone with this one, but I would like to see the Glycerol gone.
    Im planning on starting to compete next year and its banned
    So I think I'll only be getting my Ultima goodness for 11 more months.
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I think Ultima has to be the best. I used to rock DominATP for my preworkout since i usually lift at night and need a non stim preworkout supplement. But with Ultima even if you don't respond to the trinitine in it all the B vitamins in it and all other goodies make it worth it to me. Taste is so so not the worst or best out there but its manageable for sure. Plus you got to love its just not another prop blend thrown out there like so many others. I maybe a fan boy of Omega but who wouldn't with all the good products out there.

Quote Originally Posted by dinoiii View Post
    Hopefully you are referencing the Ultima and not the "other habits."

D_
    Yes, LOL, the Ultima.
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.

subbed, would like to know more about this one

Try it post workout for a week, give you time to adjust. It made me tired when I first started it so thats what I did.
    I bought this for pre-work out, why would I want to take after ????? Again, is the line on the scoop a full scoop or a level scoop considered a full scoop.. What is making u feel tired in this formula at first ????

Just a suggestion. Tryin to help. Wondering why Im bothering. Dr. Houser mentioned he takes a dose post workout as well. My guess was the Magnesium as that always makes me mellowed out.

I think a full scoop is to the top.

I take a dose post-workout as well for a multitude of reasons, but your acclimation dosing is not one I had heard.

Nonetheless, there are a number of agents in this product (and many others) that could induce various pathways that induce sleep. For instance, Vitamin B6 (or P5P in this case) may assist the serotonergic pathways of sleep induction (same idea as tryptophan after a turkey dinner). Choline sources are notorious for doing it in many people due to the pathways they affect.

What you have is an example of a system being compelted - the various ergogenic compounds and their respective co-factors...only one direction to go and unfortunately, you cannot (kind of like spot reduction) shunt things down various physiologic pathways....hence evolution of the term "side effect"

D_

Just a suggestion. Tryin to help. Wondering why Im bothering. Dr. Houser mentioned he takes a dose post workout as well. My guess was the Magnesium as that always makes me mellowed out.

I think a full scoop is to the top.
    I tried 3/4 of a scoop yesterday and a little over a scoop today before I worked out and had no more sleepy feeling and had a good intense workout with a really good pump, so I
    guess almost two scoops was two much at first for me. As far as U wondering why U bothered, maybe U could script some questions for someone to ask and not b so bothered.... It wont happen again

So today I ran it pre-workout. No problems to report. I did use 3 pills of RPM as well, as D said this would be fine. Could be the RPM helped with the tired feeling. Had a great workout. A little bit of belching going on but nothing I couldnt handle. One thing though, the taste of this stuff is pretty bad. Honestly I could care less. Just my .02.
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

I have been taking it intra-workout. It seems to keep me going strong all the way to the end. I am not thrilled with the taste but when combined with about 20oz of water it is acceptably diluted.

try to dilute it more in water or maybe a tad of crystal light or sugar-free kool-aide or something.
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by pedro321 View Post
    I take Sam-e all the time (400mg) and have never noticed anything from mixing the 2. It was the same when I ran the beta, there was never a problem, but everyones different.

A full scoop on my scales is exactly 17 grams, 1 serving. I think its been the first scoop Ive ever used that gives me the right weight!lol

Over all Im loving being back on Ultima again, Im 3 and half weeks in and feeling better than ever again!

Im sure im alone with this one, but I would like to see the Glycerol gone.
    Im planning on starting to compete next year and its banned
    So I think I'll only be getting my Ultima goodness for 11 more months.

Yeah, you're alone. I'd be sad to see it gone.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

How would hemavol stack with this? I am only wondering because I've been wanting to try Hemavol, but Ultima has been so amazing that I don't feel the need to take hemavol. If they will complement eachother, I don't mind to stack them, if not, then I will stick to ultima.
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

is ultima safe? I ordered it because I'm not a fan of the stim supplements but ultima has %125,000 of B12 you need daily, 5,882% of B2 and 2,500% of the daily B6 you need.
    We used to think that B vitamins were harmless because, like vitamin C, they're water soluble and therefore can't accumulate in the body as can the fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, and K). However, we now know that too high an intake of certain of the "B's" can present problems. For example, vitamin B6 can cause nerve toxicity although it usually doesn't cause problems in doses lower than 300 mg per day. (I have seen one case of a person on 200 mg of B6 a day who developed numbness in her legs. A neurologist told her she might have multiple sclerosis, but when she stopped taking B6, the symptoms disappeared.) I recommend a 100 to 200 mg per day trial of B6 (pyridoxine) for nerve compression injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome, but I always caution patients to discontinue the vitamin if any unusual numbness develops (Weil). I am a pre-med major and this statement contridicts the knowledge that low doses of vitamin B can affect the myelin sheath protecting nerve cell, but I was wondering what you guys think there is such thing as too much of a good thing. Even though there is no stim the more I look into this produc the more I'm afraid to take any product containing 125,000% of the daily vitamin B12 your need. Thoughts?

Studies have used 75mg (75,000mcg) of MB12 before with no side effects.

With Shawn being a life-extensionist and registered Dietitian and Dana being a medical doctor, one thing that was and is paramount is safety. Not only is ULtima safe, but it is in fact healthy. A fact that really cannot be said for other pre-workout products, let along 95% of sports supplements as a whole.
  29. d77
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.

Ultima is out of stock at Nutra. Any more planned on coming into stock soon?
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Thanks for the info I agree that the omega brand is very high on safetly which is the main reason I bought the product. Actually I just recieved it and I'm sure it will be fine for me being a 23 year old healthy male I just wanted to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by d77 View Post
    Ultima is out of stock at Nutra. Any more planned on coming into stock soon?
    Hopefully in 2-3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumps View Post
    is ultima safe? I ordered it because I'm not a fan of the stim supplements but ultima has %125,000 of B12 you need daily, 5,882% of B2 and 2,500% of the daily B6 you need.
    We used to think that B vitamins were harmless because, like vitamin C, they're water soluble and therefore can't accumulate in the body as can the fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, and K). However, we now know that too high an intake of certain of the "B's" can present problems. For example, vitamin B6 can cause nerve toxicity although it usually doesn't cause problems in doses lower than 300 mg per day. (I have seen one case of a person on 200 mg of B6 a day who developed numbness in her legs. A neurologist told her she might have multiple sclerosis, but when she stopped taking B6, the symptoms disappeared.) I recommend a 100 to 200 mg per day trial of B6 (pyridoxine) for nerve compression injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome, but I always caution patients to discontinue the vitamin if any unusual numbness develops (Weil). I am a pre-med major and this statement contridicts the knowledge that low doses of vitamin B can affect the myelin sheath protecting nerve cell, but I was wondering what you guys think there is such thing as too much of a good thing. Even though there is no stim the more I look into this produc the more I'm afraid to take any product containing 125,000% of the daily vitamin B12 your need. Thoughts?
    Since when have the governments daily recommended allowances ever meant anything?
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

This true because of weight differences and other hereditary factors when it comes to metabolizing vitamins and minerals differ. These percentages are a rough estimate of how much of each vitamin and mineral you need a day, but I was still concerned because this is not the first time I have heard of vitamin B in excess causing neurological problems. Look Iím not talking down on Ultima, actually on the contrary I took my first serving of the product today and loved it. I had no stim like problems and had a great workout. I trust Omega over many other companies that put anything and everything in their products without any clinical proof backing the product.

I have been using ultima for a month, focus slightly above average, workouts are phenomenal.. at times I feel like could work out for hours and still be slighting myself. The taste... like monkey piss on rhinos ass ... bottled.
    Started to stack with hghup a little over week ago, so far so good.
    Just added superpump 250 lemon burst, I mix it with the ultima. It appears to change the ultima, the taste is better but the grittiness is gone. Just curious to see if anyone may see a conflict between the two.

Yes I know some of the ingredients overlap... here is my rational.
    First I am 40yrs old, typical hardgainer, 5'10" 175lbs... I noticed I seemed to be getting a more full, dense muscle and less fatigue with the ultima. The hghup seems to be adding to this result, but I like the pump and added size factor so I stacked superpump on top of it all (Skinny kid syndrome). Also thinking of throwing in a little t-911 for ****s and giggles.

As long as you dont develop any stomach discomfort, you should be good to go.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Since when have the governments daily recommended allowances ever meant anything?
    So true. I'm supposed to weigh 185lbs at 6'3" also. LOL
  37. BBB
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I love the product but hate the taste. If anyone has a way of masking the taste please post. I have been using crystal light and it helps but still....

Yeah the taste does suck. But its not bad enough to make me not want to use it. The only supp that tasted so bad I couldnt use it was CL's Purple Wrath. I think they changed the taste but man that stuff was bad.

Yeah, it's pretty stiff. We're making a few modifications while its out that should improve flavor quite a bit.
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

I've actually become used to the taste. I just throw it in with 20 oz of H2O and I am good to go intra workout. Will be interested in the new flavoring though...

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-09-2011, 09:23 PM
  2. ULTIMA FAQ Guide and Feedback
    By custom in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-26-2009, 12:53 PM