Cytomel help?

bolt thrower

Awards
Hi all. So gonna start Cytomel this September and was wondering a couple of things:

-would low doses Cytomel be effective? (i.e. 25, 37.5, 50, 62.5, 62.5, 50, 37.5, 25-ramping up/down every 72 hours)?
-using 100 mg. of Cypionate with it per week or should it be more?

I basically want to get some good fat loss with minimal usage of T3/test.

By the way a bit of history-male, 40 yrs. old, training on/off 26 yrs. with the latest stretch being 5+ years. Competed in powerlifting and strongman and have used gear in the past. Have been eating strict for the last 20 or so weeks and have dropped about 41 lbs, have stalled the last 3 weeks even while keeping everything strict. I am loving eating well by the way and it"s beyond easy when you see and feel the health benefits (gee surprise surprise lol).

Thanks so very much everyone.

El Hefe

El Hefe

Awards
Hi all. So gonna start Cytomel this September and was wondering a couple of things:

-would low doses Cytomel be effective? (i.e. 25, 37.5, 50, 62.5, 62.5, 50, 37.5, 25-ramping up/down every 72 hours)?
-using 100 mg. of Cypionate with it per week or should it be more?

I basically want to get some good fat loss with minimal usage of T3/test.

By the way a bit of history-male, 40 yrs. old, training on/off 26 yrs. with the latest stretch being 5+ years. Competed in powerlifting and strongman and have used gear in the past. Have been eating strict for the last 20 or so weeks and have dropped about 41 lbs, have stalled the last 3 weeks even while keeping everything strict. I am loving eating well by the way and it"s beyond easy when you see and feel the health benefits (gee surprise surprise lol).

Thanks so very much everyone.
Any gear with the T3?

There's a lot of old school tapering thoughts out there that I disagree with.

Tapering up is fine if you want to subtly adjust, especially if its your first time. But tapering down is useless because your thyroid won't recover til the supp T3 is out of your system.

Also, I think 50 mcg is a good dose. It's not so high that you'll have muscle wasting issues. It's also enough to stimulate your metabolic rate enough to burn a little extra fat.

But most importantly a rate of 50 mcg can improve your PTOR (protein synthesis) and help build muscle. Also, 50 mcg is very easy to recover from. After 4-5 days off, I'm back to feeling normal.

But I also think it should be ran with AAS.

GLHF

GLHF

Awards
  • Established
How is tapering down thyroid hormone useless??? I understand Ur not gonna recover better from tapering down since its still an artificial intake of the hormone but if u get upto 75mcg t3 Ed and just stop u gonna crash so bad. Ull gain so much fat very fast.

The cold turkey stopping comes from pre contest cycles where they would stop everything day after contest.

U should always taper down the way u tapered up with thyroid hormones. Thyroid hormones are not androgenic steroids with esters !! So tapering down test enan for example is useless unless u run like a gram an than down to HRT dose.

Do not underestimate thyroid hormones.

El Hefe

El Hefe

Awards
How is tapering down thyroid hormone useless??? I understand Ur not gonna recover better from tapering down since its still an artificial intake of the hormone but if u get upto 75mcg t3 Ed and just stop u gonna crash so bad. Ull gain so much fat very fast.

The cold turkey stopping comes from pre contest cycles where they would stop everything day after contest.

U should always taper down the way u tapered up with thyroid hormones. Thyroid hormones are not androgenic steroids with esters !! So tapering down test enan for example is useless unless u run like a gram an than down to HRT dose.

Do not underestimate thyroid hormones.
If your running 50 mcg, your natural thyroid production is suppressed because its significantly higher than normal levels. Also, if your running 75 or 100 mcg, your still just as suppressed as with 50 mcg. Therefore, when you stop, you have a period of 3 days to 2 weeks (in more extreme cases) for your natural thyroid production to resume to normal levels.

So yes, it is very similar to tapering AAS. Recovery doesn't start until supplemental hormones are gone.

As for the crash - it's not the drop that's hard. Meaning you could quickly drop from 150 down to 50 and you'd be ok. Its going to zero that's hard. Suppressed thyroid is hard not matter how high you were.

But wouldn't necessarily recommend stopping cold turkey at 125-150 mcg because I don't think anybody needs to go that high.

50 mcg is a significant amount. If you can't make good thinks happen in the 50-75 mcg range, then something's wrong. A lot of guys do well on 25.

Also, I haven't had any rebound/ fat gain stopping a 50 mcg T3 run without tapering. I know many others who run T3 this way as well.

Here's a trick that works for me. If your running a 10 week AAS cycle, only run T3 for the first 7 or 8 weeks. That way, when you come off, your anabolic and metabolic state is as such that you'll hardly notice you quit the T3. Much easier than stopping the T3 at the same time you stop the AAS.

Hope this helps.

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
Be careful when messing with your thyroid. Some say it's as resilient as the liver, but I am not convinced. Just like the pancreas, I wouldn't use insulin just to get the anabolic effect, risking diabetes. Everything these guys have said is very credible. A lot of guys use T3. I did, 25mgs a day, and didn't notice anything. If you research clinical studies most will tell you using T3 for weight loss is not going to happen. They cite risks to the thyroid which may be long lasting and zero weight loss due to T3. The thyroid is nothing to mess with so be absolutely sure that's what you want to do.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Be careful when messing with your thyroid. Some say it's as resilient as the liver, but I am not convinced. Just like the pancreas, I wouldn't use insulin just to get the anabolic effect, risking diabetes. Everything these guys have said is very credible. A lot of guys use T3. I did, 25mgs a day, and didn't notice anything. If you research clinical studies most will tell you using T3 for weight loss is not going to happen. They cite risks to the thyroid which may be long lasting and zero weight loss due to T3. The thyroid is nothing to mess with so be absolutely sure that's what you want to do.
The thyroid is something I don't think ill ever mess with. I've seen a couple close friends not recover from t3 use. They wouldn't share what they were dosing it at or for how long so I'm going to hazard a guess and say they abused it but still not something I want to mess with.

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
I've taken it up to 100mcg could of been bunk or under dosed. I just stopped and felt no change

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Then its DEF bunk ;)

I've taken it up to 100mcg could of been bunk or under dosed. I just stopped and felt no change