Dr STraight or any other medical doctor

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  250 lbs.

Dr STraight or any other medical doctor

I'm on the road riding my Knucklehead (motorcycle) down to Florida. It's a kick-start only. Just before Florida, I kicked it over but it ignited half way through the kick and kicked back. The kick back was so powerful it broke my fibula. It's a simple fracture. I had it x rayed today and can post the x ray if needed. My question is since it's not a weight bearing bone, can I just let it heal on it's own with no cast? I may wear a boot (cam?) if I can get one, but I don't want to be in a cast this summer. I was going to hit the HGH and try to keep it protected, but with no cast. I understand what the bone does and all, but off the record, can I get by with no cast? I'm sitting in a motel room here in Florida.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

"Broke my bone? No, thank you, I don't need a cast. I'll use growth hormone instead" (sorry your sh1ts broke btw...good luck)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Hope you have a speedy recovery! Might I add that you shouldn't ride a bike >.< they are a killer. They are also really sick bikes.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  195 lbs.

You'd be good, boss. Like you said, it's not a weight bearing bone, it's only purpose is to serve as an attachment surface for muscles. Athletes can compete with broken fibulas if they so desire. Especially if it's just a simple fracture as you have said.There was an American sprinter who ran his split in the Olympics who did it with a broken fibula. No need for a cast. Just HGH it up and you'll be good in no time.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-10-2008, 03:43 AM
  2. Pulse question for Dr. D or any other gurus
    By ThisGuy02 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 09-06-2007, 02:51 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-24-2006, 02:51 PM
  4. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-15-2006, 05:53 AM
  5. Replies: 28