Blood Work Results--not of interest to most of you

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
Just got my lab results in and some surprises. First, let me say that I have been battling a cold/sinus infection for several weeks and I've been taking a lot of cold medication. But I scheduled by blood work on that date and I didn't want to change it, thinking I could separate the numbers out of tolerance by reason of medication, etc. And I think I have. My ferritin, C-Reactive Protien, ALT and iron are high, but I can attribute all of those readings to Benadryl, Advil, Vicodin and prescription strength ibuprofen.

Now, as some of you may know I tried to drive my E2 down with Aromasin to see if my PSA would correspond accordingly. Unfortunately, all the meds I took affect the PSA, so that part will have to be re-tested.

I was taking 500mgs of test enanthate every week, as I usually do. I stopped for 10 days, that's all, 10 days, and my test level was 630. Either my rant about esters rings with some truth, or the meds also have a tendency to lower test. I think it's a combination of both, but I haven't had such low test numbers in over 10 years. I had lost 10 pounds too. So I'm going to look at this as some validation about my theory on the cleavage of esters.

Next, my E2... The last time I tested everything was equal except for the AI. I didn't take any AI before and my test was 1200 and E2 was 18. Now, with 7 straight days of Aromasin, my E2 was 19. And that's with half the serum test. I have a couple of thoughts on that, but I want to wait and see what my next test shows before I start saying anything.

Everything else was as I expected it would be. What I need to do is wait until maybe the end of January and test again. I want to be totally healthy and I will test four days after my last injection of 200mgs, while on 400mgs per week. I am not going to take any AI this time. Then, I'll wait another month and take Proscar to lower my DHT.

So this was not what I had expected, but the lingering cold is skewing the data, although some interesting results are still valid.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why lower DHT?

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
Only to satisfy my curiosity as to the probably cause of an enlarged prostrate. It's either E2, DHT or a combination of both. I've used Proscar before and it results in zero libido. Talk about shut down, nothing shuts you down like Proscar. But, I want to know for sure what is affecting my prostrate. I'll only use it a week before the test, so it's a small price to pay for empirical knowledge.

Why lower DHT?

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
Interesting stuff Hammer. Now about the ester stuff... What would you say your levels would have been around following your last injection (10 days before test)? I find it interesting that you had 1 reading higher for estrogen after 7 days of straight aromasin. Is the ester theory come into play in this do you think? Or is it your body metabolizing out the Test E? could that be your body compensating for the drop in test in some way? What about build up of estogen because (correct me if I am wrong) Aromasin stops the binding of the aromatase enzyme. Couldnt that affect the absorbtion of Estrogen as it gets processed out by the liver? Just throwing sh*t out there. I find this kind of stuff interesting ha

Just got my lab results in and some surprises. First, let me say that I have been battling a cold/sinus infection for several weeks and I've been taking a lot of cold medication. But I scheduled by blood work on that date and I didn't want to change it, thinking I could separate the numbers out of tolerance by reason of medication, etc. And I think I have. My ferritin, C-Reactive Protien, ALT and iron are high, but I can attribute all of those readings to Benadryl, Advil, Vicodin and prescription strength ibuprofen.

Now, as some of you may know I tried to drive my E2 down with Aromasin to see if my PSA would correspond accordingly. Unfortunately, all the meds I took affect the PSA, so that part will have to be re-tested.

I was taking 500mgs of test enanthate every week, as I usually do. I stopped for 10 days, that's all, 10 days, and my test level was 630. Either my rant about esters rings with some truth, or the meds also have a tendency to lower test. I think it's a combination of both, but I haven't had such low test numbers in over 10 years. I had lost 10 pounds too. So I'm going to look at this as some validation about my theory on the cleavage of esters.

Next, my E2... The last time I tested everything was equal except for the AI. I didn't take any AI before and my test was 1200 and E2 was 18. Now, with 7 straight days of Aromasin, my E2 was 19. And that's with half the serum test. I have a couple of thoughts on that, but I want to wait and see what my next test shows before I start saying anything.

Everything else was as I expected it would be. What I need to do is wait until maybe the end of January and test again. I want to be totally healthy and I will test four days after my last injection of 200mgs, while on 400mgs per week. I am not going to take any AI this time. Then, I'll wait another month and take Proscar to lower my DHT.

So this was not what I had expected, but the lingering cold is skewing the data, although some interesting results are still valid.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting stuff broski and good questions DD this **** is interesting

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
Because I was taking so much crap, I really need a new blood panel to understand this better. It's possible that with all the drugs, evidenced by the high ferritin, iron and so on--typical immune responses-- that my blood was more aggressive in breaking down the depot and dissolving the esters even faster than normal. And ironically, my PH level was 8.0, far from being acidic. I believe my test levels were at least 1500 after my last injection. I say that because that has been the number I typically see when I prepare for blood work. I also believe my DHT was at least normal, so just because my E2 was low, I don't attribute the high PSA to DHT. So instead of this being a conclusive panel, it will serve as an anomaly for future tests and give me some ideas to fool around with. To add confusion to these results, the Aromasin should have helped elevate my test, along with HCG, taken a few days before. I know that Ibuprofen is harder on your liver than anadrol, so I'm not suprised at the high ALT. I just need another test...

Interesting stuff Hammer. Now about the ester stuff... What would you say your levels would have been around following your last injection (10 days before test)? I find it interesting that you had 1 reading higher for estrogen after 7 days of straight aromasin. Is the ester theory come into play in this do you think? Or is it your body metabolizing out the Test E? could that be your body compensating for the drop in test in some way? What about build up of estogen because (correct me if I am wrong) Aromasin stops the binding of the aromatase enzyme. Couldnt that affect the absorbtion of Estrogen as it gets processed out by the liver? Just throwing sh*t out there. I find this kind of stuff interesting ha

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
That all makes perfect sense. Thanks for sharing it and when you get around to running another blood test let me know. Rest up big guy and get that weight back.

Because I was taking so much crap, I really need a new blood panel to understand this better. It's possible that with all the drugs, evidenced by the high ferritin, iron and so on--typical immune responses-- that my blood was more aggressive in breaking down the depot and dissolving the esters even faster than normal. And ironically, my PH level was 8.0, far from being acidic. I believe my test levels were at least 1500 after my last injection. I say that because that has been the number I typically see when I prepare for blood work. I also believe my DHT was at least normal, so just because my E2 was low, I don't attribute the high PSA to DHT. So instead of this being a conclusive panel, it will serve as an anomaly for future tests and give me some ideas to fool around with. To add confusion to these results, the Aromasin should have helped elevate my test, along with HCG, taken a few days before. I know that Ibuprofen is harder on your liver than anadrol, so I'm not suprised at the high ALT. I just need another test...

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I see. Yes, health is número uno. Keep us posted brother.