old 4-ad and test powder

yelis300

yelis300

Awards
  • Established
I have some old powders that i want to use. how could i test them to see if the active ingredient is still active? can i do a melting point test or would i need to just try it and "feel" if its still good?

also, if they are still good, how do u homebrew powders with hpbcd? just use bacteriostatic water and reconstitute it then add my powders to it?

sorry if i placed this in the wrong section.

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Good luck, I don't see that many users around that will even know what 4-AD was...

yelis300

yelis300

Awards
  • Established
its been stored in my basement in a box in its original bulk nutrition plastic container for most of its life

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
Generally speaking, any powder Prohormone has a shelf life of two years, according to the manufacturers. But that is really just a way of limiting the manufactures liability after a period of time. Take aspirin for example. The shelf life is about two years, but I just read some studies that found aspirin produced in the 1960's still had 95% of its potency. The key factor to storage is humidity. As long as the powder was dry, cool and kept in a dark place, I'd just use it. Or, if you have access to AAS, dump the PHs and trash the 4 AD.

yelis300

yelis300

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the info, any ideas on the hpbcd (Hydroxy Propyl Beta Cyclo Dextrin) use?

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Get yourself a topical solution and go dermal.

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Cyclo dextrin would work too if you could get some. Then combine using mortar and pestle

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yelis300, your post got me thinking so I dug into the back of the secret cabinet and came out with some VPX Aromadex and M1T, as well as a few other pill bottles. The liquids are rather questionable, since the expiration was in '05, but I'm wondering about the M5-AA, M-1,4AD, "Methyl Jacked" (17a-methyl DHT), M1T, and Phera-Plex...