Fluoxymestrone (Halotestin)

Lacrossedude6

Lacrossedude6

Awards
Trying to see what the good people at the Minds have to say about Halotestin, and their experiences with it. Its a pricey oral, but seems to be that way for good reason. it demonstrates high androgenic affects, and moderate anabolic effects which explains its use for it's use in competitive powerlifting. Anyone have experience with it??

I understand it's highly toxic and cycles with it are no longer than 4-6 weeks

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Low Binding to the Androgenic Receptors, IMO the worst of the 17-a methylated steroids.

Lacrossedude6

Lacrossedude6

Awards
Low Binding to the Androgenic Receptors, IMO the worst of the 17-a methylated steroids.
Thanks for the input, the powerlifting community swears by it for the strength gains and aggression. I guess it just depends on what your purpose for using is. What do you think is a better oral for raw strength, and muscle hardening just out of curiosity?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Thanks for the input, the powerlifting community swears by it for the strength gains and aggression. I guess it just depends on what your purpose for using is. What do you think is a better oral for raw strength, and muscle hardening just out of curiosity?
Hm...It's hard to say for Orals for Strength gains, I would say along the lines of Superdrol/Epi. IMO the powerlifting community should be jacked up on Test-P and Tren-a :D!

Lacrossedude6

Lacrossedude6

Awards
Hm...It's hard to say for Orals for Strength gains, I would say along the lines of Superdrol/Epi. IMO the powerlifting community should be jacked up on Test-P and Tren-a :D!
Haha can't argue with you there! And yea a lot of people stand by SD for surest well as myself. Epi is respectable too

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Haha can't argue with you there! And yea a lot of people stand by SD for surest well as myself. Epi is respectable too
When I'm 30 I wanna be deadlifting Naturally around 450lbs~ at 150lbs myself. At that time if I am close to it or on those levels I will seriously do Test-P frontloaded and then just Test-E for first cycle, If I liked it , I'll try Tren-A to get to deadlift 500+lbs at least in my lifetime. Then I'll be glad to die in peace.

ChainLink

Awards
I used it during a test/deca run a while back and smashed PRs while on it. Makes you feel solid as a brick also. Great for powerlifting due to low weight gain.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The ****tails of high-level PL'ers are on par with BB'er (not so much the slin/GH part, though) and I can assure you that Test and Tren are generally used for a meet. However, it's still a good idea to blast heavy androgens, such as Halo, in the final stages of meet prep and Epi/SD does not compare in this regard.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
The ****tails of high-level PL'ers are on par with BB'er (not so much the slin/GH part, though) and I can assure you that Test and Tren are generally used for a meet. However, it's still a good idea to blast heavy androgens, such as Halo, in the final stages of meet prep and Epi/SD does not compare in this regard.
So you do think Halotestin is better than SD? Good to know, I trust your judgement on this.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So you do think Halotestin is better than SD? Good to know, I trust your judgement on this.
Haven't run Halo, so I can't make a personal comparison. Part of the strength gain from SD is the increase in mass and, ergo, better leverages and base, but that that's not always desirable in gear since most have in extremely tight as is. Halo would definitely be a better choice for the smaller guys that cut a decent amount of weight, though.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When I'm 30 I wanna be deadlifting Naturally around 450lbs~ at 150lbs myself. At that time if I am close to it or on those levels I will seriously do Test-P frontloaded and then just Test-E for first cycle, If I liked it , I'll try Tren-A to get to deadlift 500+lbs at least in my lifetime. Then I'll be glad to die in peace.
When i was 19, did my first PL at the missouri show me state games. Weighed 146.8, protein and pre workouts so i stayed natty. DL 425, benched 225. Set the raw total record and held it for 2 years.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Haven't run Halo, so I can't make a personal comparison. Part of the strength gain from SD is the increase in mass and, ergo, better leverages and base, but that that's not always desirable in gear since most have in extremely tight as is. Halo would definitely be a better choice for the smaller guys that cut a decent amount of weight, though.
Hm...I'll read more on Fluoxymestrone (I'm curious if people can get confused with Halodrol...haha)

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you ever even used a real oral? You know nothing about Halo, its uses and how it is one of the best compounds for powerlifting or hardening up pre-contest.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Have you ever even used a real oral? You know nothing about Halo, its uses and how it is one of the best compounds for powerlifting or hardening up pre-contest.
One thing is you not liking me, and another is you quoting my posts after the advise you just gave me about stopping right? If you just told me today, and this happened 4 days ago, what's the point of your question? :) Just wondering!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Boys and girls, its time to stop the bro science and read the facts:

Halotestin

(fluoxymesterone)

By Anthony Roberts

Halotestin (Fluoxymesteron) is legendary among powerlifters and strength athletes. The mere word conjures up images of little mint colored pills that turn Dr. Jeckyl instantly into Mr.Hyde. Since I´m generally Mr.Hyde 24/7 this isn´t of much concern to me.. but lets see what else Halotestin can do for us.

If you´re anything like me, the first thing you´ll notice is Halotestin´s absurd anabolic and Androgenic rating. This stuff is 19x as anabolic as testosterone and 8.5x as androgenic! Whoa! I have to admit, those numbers are a bit deceiving, and through personal experience, I can say that Halotestin will not put anywhere near as much muscle on you as testosterone. Let´s take a closer look at Halo and see what kind of realistic effects we can expect from it, and what kind of side effects we´ll be dealing with.

Firstly, I have to admit that I love this stuff, and generally its use in athletics and powerlifting is far more pronounced than it´s use in bodybuilding, where it is basically a one-trick-wonder used in the final weeks before a contest to harden up an already lean physique and give the user some added aggression during the final calorie depleted workouts before a contest. Halo has no estrogenic activity, and thus will not cause any kind of water retention or most of the bad effects associated with estrogen. It is however hepatoxic (liver toxic) (13) and I recommend keeping doses at or around 40mgs/day for a maximum of 4-6 weeks. If you are using it for it´s pronounced effect on aggression, you can simply use 10mgs prior to a workout, I personally prefer 10mgs upon rising and 10mgs prior to a workout, during the most intense weeks of a bulking or cutting cycle. This does (as you will see later) can be used with minimum HPTA inhibition.

Effects of Halotestin

Halotestin also has a volumizing effect on the physique, and for those with low a body fat percentage, this will cause an immediately more contest ready appearance. This is due, at least in part, to Halo´s ability to increase mean hematocrit with and hemoglobin level as well as red cell mass (4)(5)(6). Halotestin also appears to act through cells already committed to respond to erythropoietin (11), which is good news for athletes, of course. As you can see, Halo has quite a profound effect on red blood cell production, and this action is clearly one of the most obvious mechanisms by which it is thought to exert its effects with regards to increasing strength and energy levels. It also points to the possibility of using it for athletics and sports where a high VO2 max is needed, such as Rugby, Mixed Martial Arts, etc..

It also exerts its effects on strength and fat loss by both regulation of fatty acid oxidation in the liver and fast-twitch muscle mitochondria (2). Oddly, for a drug which exerts such a nice anabolic effect, and promotes such good strength gains, it has a pretty low Androgen Receptor Binding affinity (14).. I suppose, in this respect it can be compared to Winstrol (Stanozolol).

As far as strength and agression goes, Halo is a great drug. It is especially useful on a cutting or strength cycle. It´s use for mass and weight gains have been pretty disappointing for most users, however.
Fluoxymesterone administration is (unfortunately) accompanied by a reduction in thyroid binding globulin which causes associated decreases in T3, while the free T4 index remained totally unaltered; thus implying that thyroid function was unchanged. Remember, many anabolic steroids(notably Trenbolone) lower your T3 levels. In addition, during fluoxymesterone administration, there was a reduction in testosterone, gonadotropins and LH response to LHRH. Basal TSH did not vary, but there was a reduction in the peak and integrated TSH response to TRH. PRL levels tend to remain unchanged during fluoxymesterone use (8). Halo is of course suppressive to your HPTA, but I´ve found that in some studies where measurements were made of serum FSH, LH, testosterone, up to 20mgs per day of Halo did not suppress them measurably (9). This could possibly indicate the use of up to 20mgs/day of Halotestin without being in any great danger of suppressing endogenous hormones.

Halotestin as Steroid

Anyway, Halotestin is a testosterone derived steroid, and has an 11-beta group attached to it to inhibit aromatization, although it is particularly prone to being 5-alpha-reduced and may thus cause DHT related side effects, such as acne and hair loss. It is metabolized primarily by 6 beta-hydroxylation, 4-ene-reduction, 3-keto-reduction, and 11-hydroxy-oxidation. We know this by the identification of 4 particular metabolites and the tentative identification of at least 3 other metabolites. Detection of Halo in urine is possible for at least 5 days after a single 10 mg oral dose to previously untreated adult males, by monitoring the presence of 2 metabolites, since the parent drug is not detectable more than 1 day after the dose(12). However, the moral-compass of the athletic world, the IOC, has developed a test for fluoxymesterone metabolites that will detect them for up to 2 months after cessation of use.

This item is not in high demand in bodybuilding except for as a pre-contest drug, and would more likely be found circulating in Athletic and Powerlifting circles, where it is more commonly used in a cycle.

Halotestin (Fluoxymesteron) Profile

[9-alpha-fluoro-11-beta-hydroxy-17-alpha-methyl-4-androstene-3-one,17b-ol]
Molecular Weight: 336.4457
Formula: C20 H29 F O3
Melting Point: 240C
Manufacturer: Upjohn, Various
Date Released: 1957
Effective Dose:10-40mgs/day
Active life:6-8 hours
Detection Time: 2 months
Anabolic/Androgenic ratio:1,900/850

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
More:

Combination hormonal therapy with tamoxifen plus fluoxymesterone versus tamoxifen alone in postmenopausal women with metastatic breast cancer. An updated analysis.

Ingle JN, Twito DI, Schaid DJ, Cullinan SA, Krook JE, Mailliard JA, Tschetter LK, Long HJ, Gerstner JG, Windschitl HE, et al.
Division of Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905.

A randomized trial was performed to determine if therapy with tamoxifen (TAM) plus fluoxymesterone (FLU) was more efficacious than TAM alone for postmenopausal women with metastatic breast cancer. Patients failing TAM could subsequently receive FLU. The dose of both drugs was 10 mg orally twice daily. Objective responses were seen in 50 of 119 (42%) TAM patients and 64 of 119 (54%) TAM plus FLU patients (two-sided P = 0.07). Time to disease progression was better for TAM plus FLU (medians: 11.6 versus 6.5 months; Cox model, P = 0.03). Duration of response and survival were similar in the two treatment arms. Among 97 patients with estrogen receptor (ER) of 10 or greater and 65 years of age or older, there were highly significant advantages for treatment with TAM plus FLU in both response rate and time to progression. Of particular note is that in this patient group TAM plus FLU showed a survival advantage (Cox model, P = 0.05). Although these data require confirmation in a prospective randomized trial, they suggest that there is a substantive therapeutic advantage for TAM plus FLU over TAM alone in elderly women with ER of 10 fmol or greater.

Even More:

The effect of synthetic androgens on the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis in boys with constitutionally delayed growth.

Hopwood NJ, Kelch RP, Zipf WB, Hernandez RJ.

Serial concentrations of basal serum LH, FSH, testosterone, and LH and FSH responses to intravenous gonadotropin-releasing hormone were measured before and during six months of administration of fluoxymesterone or oxandrolone in 14 boys with constitutionally delayed growth and adolescence, in order to assess the effects of these androgens on maturation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis. Before therapy all boys had normal hormonal responses based on bone age. At the end of six months therapy 10 of the 14 boys had lower LH responses (34 to 89% reduction) to GnRH without consistent changes in FSH responses. With both androgens, there there was significant suppression of both basal serum FSH and testosterone. Eleven boys were restudied six months after completion of therapy; basal serum LH, FSH, and testosterone and responses to GnRH were equal to or greater than pretreatment levels, indicating recovery or progressive maturation of the HPGA. All boys had increased growth velocity and imporved weight gain without excessive bone age advancement; all had improved psychosocial adjustment.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Boys and girls, its time to stop the bro science and read the facts:

Halotestin

(fluoxymesterone)

By Anthony Roberts

Halotestin (Fluoxymesteron) is legendary among powerlifters and strength athletes. The mere word conjures up images of little mint colored pills that turn Dr. Jeckyl instantly into Mr.Hyde. Since I´m generally Mr.Hyde 24/7 this isn´t of much concern to me.. but lets see what else Halotestin can do for us.

If you´re anything like me, the first thing you´ll notice is Halotestin´s absurd anabolic and Androgenic rating. This stuff is 19x as anabolic as testosterone and 8.5x as androgenic! Whoa! I have to admit, those numbers are a bit deceiving, and through personal experience, I can say that Halotestin will not put anywhere near as much muscle on you as testosterone. Let´s take a closer look at Halo and see what kind of realistic effects we can expect from it, and what kind of side effects we´ll be dealing with.

Firstly, I have to admit that I love this stuff, and generally its use in athletics and powerlifting is far more pronounced than it´s use in bodybuilding, where it is basically a one-trick-wonder used in the final weeks before a contest to harden up an already lean physique and give the user some added aggression during the final calorie depleted workouts before a contest. Halo has no estrogenic activity, and thus will not cause any kind of water retention or most of the bad effects associated with estrogen. It is however hepatoxic (liver toxic) (13) and I recommend keeping doses at or around 40mgs/day for a maximum of 4-6 weeks. If you are using it for it´s pronounced effect on aggression, you can simply use 10mgs prior to a workout, I personally prefer 10mgs upon rising and 10mgs prior to a workout, during the most intense weeks of a bulking or cutting cycle. This does (as you will see later) can be used with minimum HPTA inhibition.

Effects of Halotestin

Halotestin also has a volumizing effect on the physique, and for those with low a body fat percentage, this will cause an immediately more contest ready appearance. This is due, at least in part, to Halo´s ability to increase mean hematocrit with and hemoglobin level as well as red cell mass (4)(5)(6). Halotestin also appears to act through cells already committed to respond to erythropoietin (11), which is good news for athletes, of course. As you can see, Halo has quite a profound effect on red blood cell production, and this action is clearly one of the most obvious mechanisms by which it is thought to exert its effects with regards to increasing strength and energy levels. It also points to the possibility of using it for athletics and sports where a high VO2 max is needed, such as Rugby, Mixed Martial Arts, etc..

It also exerts its effects on strength and fat loss by both regulation of fatty acid oxidation in the liver and fast-twitch muscle mitochondria (2). Oddly, for a drug which exerts such a nice anabolic effect, and promotes such good strength gains, it has a pretty low Androgen Receptor Binding affinity (14).. I suppose, in this respect it can be compared to Winstrol (Stanozolol).

As far as strength and agression goes, Halo is a great drug. It is especially useful on a cutting or strength cycle. It´s use for mass and weight gains have been pretty disappointing for most users, however.
Fluoxymesterone administration is (unfortunately) accompanied by a reduction in thyroid binding globulin which causes associated decreases in T3, while the free T4 index remained totally unaltered; thus implying that thyroid function was unchanged. Remember, many anabolic steroids(notably Trenbolone) lower your T3 levels. In addition, during fluoxymesterone administration, there was a reduction in testosterone, gonadotropins and LH response to LHRH. Basal TSH did not vary, but there was a reduction in the peak and integrated TSH response to TRH. PRL levels tend to remain unchanged during fluoxymesterone use (8). Halo is of course suppressive to your HPTA, but I´ve found that in some studies where measurements were made of serum FSH, LH, testosterone, up to 20mgs per day of Halo did not suppress them measurably (9). This could possibly indicate the use of up to 20mgs/day of Halotestin without being in any great danger of suppressing endogenous hormones.

Halotestin as Steroid

Anyway, Halotestin is a testosterone derived steroid, and has an 11-beta group attached to it to inhibit aromatization, although it is particularly prone to being 5-alpha-reduced and may thus cause DHT related side effects, such as acne and hair loss. It is metabolized primarily by 6 beta-hydroxylation, 4-ene-reduction, 3-keto-reduction, and 11-hydroxy-oxidation. We know this by the identification of 4 particular metabolites and the tentative identification of at least 3 other metabolites. Detection of Halo in urine is possible for at least 5 days after a single 10 mg oral dose to previously untreated adult males, by monitoring the presence of 2 metabolites, since the parent drug is not detectable more than 1 day after the dose(12). However, the moral-compass of the athletic world, the IOC, has developed a test for fluoxymesterone metabolites that will detect them for up to 2 months after cessation of use.

This item is not in high demand in bodybuilding except for as a pre-contest drug, and would more likely be found circulating in Athletic and Powerlifting circles, where it is more commonly used in a cycle.

Halotestin (Fluoxymesteron) Profile

[9-alpha-fluoro-11-beta-hydroxy-17-alpha-methyl-4-androstene-3-one,17b-ol]
Molecular Weight: 336.4457
Formula: C20 H29 F O3
Melting Point: 240C
Manufacturer: Upjohn, Various
Date Released: 1957
Effective Dose:10-40mgs/day
Active life:6-8 hours
Detection Time: 2 months
Anabolic/Androgenic ratio:1,900/850
Care to share source plz :D? I like reading more up about this, and my read-based opinions were not compatible to this, however seeing this is something you have ran and you have legit info on it too, I want to check out the source to see if there is more (on other AAS) I can research on :D!

Edit: NVM , you posted the second post when I posted this. Time to read :D!

Lacrossedude6

Lacrossedude6

Awards
More:

Combination hormonal therapy with tamoxifen plus fluoxymesterone versus tamoxifen alone in postmenopausal women with metastatic breast cancer. An updated analysis.

Ingle JN, Twito DI, Schaid DJ, Cullinan SA, Krook JE, Mailliard JA, Tschetter LK, Long HJ, Gerstner JG, Windschitl HE, et al.
Division of Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905.

A randomized trial was performed to determine if therapy with tamoxifen (TAM) plus fluoxymesterone (FLU) was more efficacious than TAM alone for postmenopausal women with metastatic breast cancer. Patients failing TAM could subsequently receive FLU. The dose of both drugs was 10 mg orally twice daily. Objective responses were seen in 50 of 119 (42%) TAM patients and 64 of 119 (54%) TAM plus FLU patients (two-sided P = 0.07). Time to disease progression was better for TAM plus FLU (medians: 11.6 versus 6.5 months; Cox model, P = 0.03). Duration of response and survival were similar in the two treatment arms. Among 97 patients with estrogen receptor (ER) of 10 or greater and 65 years of age or older, there were highly significant advantages for treatment with TAM plus FLU in both response rate and time to progression. Of particular note is that in this patient group TAM plus FLU showed a survival advantage (Cox model, P = 0.05). Although these data require confirmation in a prospective randomized trial, they suggest that there is a substantive therapeutic advantage for TAM plus FLU over TAM alone in elderly women with ER of 10 fmol or greater.

Even More:

The effect of synthetic androgens on the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis in boys with constitutionally delayed growth.

Hopwood NJ, Kelch RP, Zipf WB, Hernandez RJ.

Serial concentrations of basal serum LH, FSH, testosterone, and LH and FSH responses to intravenous gonadotropin-releasing hormone were measured before and during six months of administration of fluoxymesterone or oxandrolone in 14 boys with constitutionally delayed growth and adolescence, in order to assess the effects of these androgens on maturation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis. Before therapy all boys had normal hormonal responses based on bone age. At the end of six months therapy 10 of the 14 boys had lower LH responses (34 to 89% reduction) to GnRH without consistent changes in FSH responses. With both androgens, there there was significant suppression of both basal serum FSH and testosterone. Eleven boys were restudied six months after completion of therapy; basal serum LH, FSH, and testosterone and responses to GnRH were equal to or greater than pretreatment levels, indicating recovery or progressive maturation of the HPGA. All boys had increased growth velocity and imporved weight gain without excessive bone age advancement; all had improved psychosocial adjustment.
Awesome, thanks for the info

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It is from a forum I am a member of, can't share the sorce because unless you are a member, you can't see that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 27
Pheromones 7
Anabolics 45
Anabolics 36
35 and Older 3