Do most of you replace needles in between pulling and injecting?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Haha sorry for not following up guys...I ordered some 20g needles for pulling last week, already got them in hand Thanks.

2. Technically speaking, you should change the needle, but it isn't important. You should also aspirate the needle to avoid injecting a blood vessel, but there is conflicting literature on the subject. The most important thing is to maintain aseptic technique and avoid the sciatic nerve.

The reasoning has nothing to do with dirt or debris as you should always use alcohol to clean the vial before pushing the needle in. The reasoning is that a blunt needle will cause more trauma to patients, and thus more pain. If you are getting overly sore from injections, you might want to change the needle, but I have never felt the need.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by TKconserve
    Technically speaking, you should change the needle, but it isn't important. You should also aspirate the needle to avoid injecting a blood vessel, but there is conflicting literature on the subject. The most important thing is to maintain aseptic technique and avoid the sciatic nerve.

The reasoning has nothing to do with dirt or debris as you should always use alcohol to clean the vial before pushing the needle in. The reasoning is that a blunt needle will cause more trauma to patients, and thus more pain. If you are getting overly sore from injections, you might want to change the needle, but I have never felt the need.
    I'm going to be using 1.5" needles. I'm 225 and my quads and glutes are pretty big but I am worried about pinning my sciatic nerve bc my girlf friend and I have neve2r pinned. She is doing my glutes and I'm doing my quads...any tips? Should I be concerned?
    My muscles are pharmaceutically enhanced.

4. Quote Originally Posted by TKconserve View Post
    Technically speaking, you should change the needle, but it isn't important. You should also aspirate the needle to avoid injecting a blood vessel, but there is conflicting literature on the subject. The most important thing is to maintain aseptic technique and avoid the sciatic nerve.

soreness doesn't really come from the needle sharpness, more so the compound you are using and the rate at which you inject. you muscle is sore because it may be having a hard time absorbing the compound

5. Quote Originally Posted by technique88 View Post
    I'm going to be using 1.5" needles. I'm 225 and my quads and glutes are pretty big but I am worried about pinning my sciatic nerve bc my girlf friend and I have neve2r pinned. She is doing my glutes and I'm doing my quads...any tips? Should I be concerned?
    I usually put my middle finger at the top of my knee cap palm down flat on my leg. where the outside of my wrist sits I move just a tad outward from that. I do not see a lot of fat on legs of people that work out. That being said, I do not see why you would need to go 1 1/2" I just go 1".

I also always go slow in with the needle, although the chance of hitting any nerve where I inject is minimal, I see no need to go jamming it in there....Just in case.

Oh and have you seen what the tip of a needle looks like brand new, vs after it has gone through the rubber stopper... Under a microscope?

If you have, you would spend the extra 5 pennies to get some extra tips.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by SteveOreno

I usually put my middle finger at the top of my knee cap palm down flat on my leg. where the outside of my wrist sits I move just a tad outward from that. I do not see a lot of fat on legs of people that work out. That being said, I do not see why you would need to go 1 1/2" I just go 1".

I also always go slow in with the needle, although the chance of hitting any nerve where I inject is minimal, I see no need to go jamming it in there....Just in case.

Oh and have you seen what the tip of a needle looks like brand new, vs after it has gone through the rubber stopper... Under a microscope?

If you have, you would spend the extra 5 pennies to get some extra tips.
    Great advice! I already have the needles...I have 1.5 and 3/4". That's all I was able to get my hands on. So that far down on the quad is the right place? How is the mid point between hip and knee?
    My muscles are pharmaceutically enhanced.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. pulling/popping feeling all up in my a$$!!!
    By waynaferd in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 07:53 AM
  2. How much are you rack pulling?
    By WhatsaRoid? in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-23-2010, 12:58 PM
  3. LG pulling plug on M1-D
    By Ole Skl in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 12:14 PM
  4. Will they be pulling PCT also?