Would it be viable to do a cycle if overweight?

HumbleBro

HumbleBro

Awards
Hello I'm new here and have been lurking for a bit here as well as on other forums. But I've always wanted to ask, albeit being a little hesitant, would it be ok for a slightly overweight person to start a cycle? I've always been interested, but never had the balls to actually look for some gear until now. I just turned 30, and I think I'm ready for it, just not sure if being big would hinder gains on it. Would it help me lose weight while simultaneously building muscle? Or should I just lose the fatness and just wait? Thanks brothers.

A little info.

Stats: 6'1
Body weight: 275

Bench - 315 x 6
Squats - 365 x 6
Deads - 365 x 8

Sorry I don't know my 1rm. Haven't done that in years.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why not drop some body fat and have a great cycle.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
See a little definition..:cool:

HumbleBro

HumbleBro

Awards
I was thinking it would also help with weightloss and just kill 2 birds with one stone.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was thinking it would also help with weightloss and just kill 2 birds with one stone.
You're looking for the easy way. Try doing it the right way.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your results will be that much better.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You could run low dose test, keep a solid AI on hand and cut like mad.... I know most don't agree with this but you've built a pretty decent amount of strength and in my experience, I lose a ton of muscle when I diet unless on anabolics. It's never ideal when you're >15% but I think just 8 weeks test while super strict dieting could be beneficial. I am curious though, what would a cal deficit/cutting diet look like for you?

HumbleBro

HumbleBro

Awards
You could run low dose test, keep a solid AI on hand and cut like mad.... I know most don't agree with this but you've built a pretty decent amount of strength and in my experience, I lose a ton of muscle when I diet unless on anabolics. It's never ideal when you're >15% but I think just 8 weeks test while super strict dieting could be beneficial. I am curious though, what would a cal deficit/cutting diet look like for you?
That is exactly what I want to do. But I just wasn't sure how it would be since every post on cycling is about getting bigger whereas i want to retain mass, get a little muscle separation and cut. I've never been cut, just overall a big dude.

As for fat loss it would be around 2650 cal a day. And for extreme cutting it would be 2200 cal a day.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is exactly what I want to do. But I just wasn't sure how it would be since every post on cycling is about getting bigger whereas i want to retain mass, get a little muscle separation and cut. I've never been cut, just overall a big dude.

As for fat loss it would be around 2650 cal a day. And for extreme cutting it would be 2200 cal a day.
There you go, you got the answer you wanted.

HumbleBro

HumbleBro

Awards
There you go, you got the answer you wanted.
Yeah that's the answer I want but might not necessarily be good that's why I came to you gents for advice. Just very new to this and I'm trying exploit every option.

BigTex08

BigTex08

Awards
Have you ever done any type of gear in the past?
You have some very good strength naturally, which mean you probably have a pretty high natural testosterone level.

HumbleBro

HumbleBro

Awards
Have you ever done any type of gear in the past?
You have some very good strength naturally, which mean you probably have a pretty high natural testosterone level.
Nah never had the privilege of gearing up yet, or even actively looked. I just thought now would be a good time since I am a little older and I know how I want my body composition to be. Ive always wanted nice capped off shoulders and vascular along good muscle separation. I've gotten down to 225 years ago at just about my strength now, still didn't get the results I wanted. Ahh well. The endless journey continues haha.

BigTex08

BigTex08

Awards
Nah never had the privilege of gearing up yet, or even actively looked. I just thought now would be a good time since I am a little older and I know how I want my body composition to be. Ive always wanted nice capped off shoulders and vascular along good muscle separation. I've gotten down to 225 years ago at just about my strength now, still didn't get the results I wanted. Ahh well. The endless journey continues haha.
To be honest with what your wanting to do.
Research a tren e, test e, with a kick start of winni cycle. I think that would do you well. I know it may seem like a lot but it will definitely help you cut down the way you want to.

Doing just test alone really isn't going to do anything your wanting.

HumbleBro

HumbleBro

Awards
To be honest with what your wanting to do.
Research a tren e, test e, with a kick start of winni cycle. I think that would do you well. I know it may seem like a lot but it will definitely help you cut down the way you want to.

Doing just test alone really isn't going to do anything your wanting.
Oh nice thanks Tex for the info. I'll do the research and hopefully it's right for me. Appreciate the help brother.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Even something closer to recomp cals would probably get you freak nasty. A basic 12 week test e cycle with a test prop kick start, smooth sailing.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
One problem you run into man is the risk of gyno with a higher bf%. Especially with test. I personally say cut down natural say 4-5% body fat then plan a cycle.

Go to simplyshredded.com and check out the nutrition section. Layne norton has some awesome articles on fat loss but maintaining muscle.

You will be happier if you diet down then cycle. You will get WAY better results plus gain any muscle you lost plus some. Just my $.02

HumbleBro

HumbleBro

Awards
One problem you run into man is the risk of gyno with a higher bf%. Especially with test. I personally say cut down natural say 4-5% body fat then plan a cycle.

Go to simplyshredded.com and check out the nutrition section. Layne norton has some awesome articles on fat loss but maintaining muscle.

You will be happier if you diet down then cycle. You will get WAY better results plus gain any muscle you lost plus some. Just my $.02
Yeah I don't want gyno that would suck. But damn I don't know if I can get down to 5% naturally. That seems almost impossible for me.

I did though read some articles on simply shredded btw thanks for that. I'm doing a CKD diet right now which is what one of the Authors was recommending anyways. I will try to get to 10% in the next few months and see what happens when I hit goal.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You don't necessarily have to get down to 10% bf.. But you should get down to at the very least 15%..and that is do-able.IMO

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I usually get down to about 12% then bulk.. but who even knows how accurate those calipers are.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What does your daily macronutrient profile look like, and how long have you been eating clean?

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
I'm saying get down 4-5% bodyfat from what you have now. So like 12-15%

HumbleBro

HumbleBro

Awards
What does your daily macronutrient profile look like, and how long have you been eating clean?
As of right now I'm on a ketogenic diet (CKD) and I've been on it for about a month. Taking in between 2500-2800 cal. Under 30g proetin a day. I've seen the most results on this so I plan on sticking with it. Probably gonna do full keto for the time being then jump back on CKD.

Prior about for about 2 months, I was on 65% protein, 30% carbs and 5% fat diet eating 6 small meals a day at around 2500 calories. I was weighing food, cooking all my meals for the week on Sundays probably like a lot of you and my body was responding, but not the way I wanted. I was getting a little bigger and it was working albeit slower than i would have liked. But my body reacts to fat quite nicely when I want to lose a good amount of fat and my I feel like my blood pressure shoots way down.

But yeah that's wassup with my diet currently.

HumbleBro

HumbleBro

Awards
I'm saying get down 4-5% bodyfat from what you have now. So like 12-15%
Yeah I'm gonna try my damnedest to get to my lowest body fat ever no matter what the cost right now. I'm so damn motivated it's not even funny.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
Yeah I'm gonna try my damnedest to get to my lowest body fat ever no matter what the cost right now. I'm so damn motivated it's not even funny.
That's good man keep it up. I was at 15ish% at 190. I'm cutting to 9% before my cycle. Just to have better results from my next cycle. Lower bodyfat=better results

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I tried to tell you this 20 posts ago..Now you seem like a Humble Bro.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As of right now I'm on a ketogenic diet (CKD) and I've been on it for about a month. Taking in between 2500-2800 cal. Under 30g proetin a day. I've seen the most results on this so I plan on sticking with it. Probably gonna do full keto for the time being then jump back on CKD.

Prior about for about 2 months, I was on 65% protein, 30% carbs and 5% fat diet eating 6 small meals a day at around 2500 calories. I was weighing food, cooking all my meals for the week on Sundays probably like a lot of you and my body was responding, but not the way I wanted. I was getting a little bigger and it was working albeit slower than i would have liked. But my body reacts to fat quite nicely when I want to lose a good amount of fat and my I feel like my blood pressure shoots way down.

But yeah that's wassup with my diet currently.
I hope you meant <30g carbohydrates.

HumbleBro

HumbleBro

Awards
I tried to tell you this 20 posts ago..Now you seem like a Humble Bro.
Sometimes it takes awhile to understand what needs to be done haha. But thanks man I appreciate the advice.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't have a problem with keto at all-I did it for a couple years. What I did learn is to really cram the carbs in your refeed window and try to limit fat as much as possible during that time.

This approach kept my "keto flu" tolerable, and after I dropped water the following week I was down a consistent 1.5-2#.

SCBeast

Awards
Well I have to give all you guys prop for your responses to this big guy(as he would say), if this was another board he would have been flamed right off of here..... I'm glad to see that he received good info... I believe I've found the board that I will stay at and try to build solid relationships in the AAS world.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
Well I have to give all you guys prop for your responses to this big guy(as he would say), if this was another board he would have been flamed right off of here..... I'm glad to see that he received good info... I believe I've found the board that I will stay at and try to build solid relationships in the AAS world.
That's how it is here. If people ask honest questions and do the legwork and get research straight we can help smooth out rough edges. There is a ton of experience here. Everyone is learning and teaching what they learn.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I've actually always wondered the answer to this. I don't see why not. It can only help right?

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
Yes and no. At a higher bodyfat % estrogen will become a problem. It is better to diet down to a healthy weight dial in training and diet then cycle. You risk doing damage to your body if you are overweight like tendons, joints, heart, cns and so on. Not saying it can't be done but lower bodyfat and a healthy weight give much much better results.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've actually always wondered the answer to this. I don't see why not. It can only help right?
If one is unable to fully achieve results because they cannot commit to diet, AAS will be a complete waste. Not saying this is the case with OP; however, too many people see androgens as a shortcut when they're too lazy and/or undisciplined to do the work.

I like the OP's approach, and fully agree that a lifestyle change to get him down in BF is the best course of action prior to extreme supplementation.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
If one is unable to fully achieve results because they cannot commit to diet, AAS will be a complete waste. Not saying this is the case with OP; however, too many people see androgens as a shortcut when they're too lazy and/or undisciplined to do the work.

I like the OP's approach, and fully agree that a lifestyle change to get him down in BF is the best course of action prior to extreme supplementation.
Rep dat sh!t