Test 500/Anavar Cycle: Questions on Aromasin/HCG

wannabehulk69

Awards
Hey everyone, I would like to thank you for all the help you've given me so far in setting up the fine details of my first real deal cycle. Now, I have a few questions for things that I've seen conflicting information on.

First things first, my plan so far:

Test500 pinned 2x per week (Monday/Thursday), 250mg/pin for a total of 500mg per week.

Anavar oral dosed, starting at 50mg ED.

PCT: I'mg going to run a Torem/Clomid combo, which I already have on hand.

Planning on running this for a 12 week cycle, possibly front loading the first two weeks to get things going with the test.

Now, my questions are regarding the HCG:

I was planning on throwing it in for 2 weeks at 500iu 2x a week at the 8 week mark, what are your thoughts on this? I have it on hand and yes, it's the real deal. My main emphasis here is to keep the atrophy as minimal as possible and see if I can keep the natural production going as well. Yes, I'm aware of the desensitization and DHT risks, so I'm just wondering what everyone had in mind.

As for the Aromasin (Exemestane):

I have the 12.5mg tablets ready to go, but I've seen a lot of conflicting ideas on this. I've seen recommendations of 6mg every day, 12.5 EOD as well as 12.5 ED. I know this is often user dependent, but what would be a good starting point, and what should gauge the changes (if needed) to the dosage protocol?

Looking to get everything nailed to a T before getting started, so once again, your experience is appreciated!

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wouldn't front load just run it as normal.everything looks fine. I'm not sure on the hcg and Aromasin.I'll bump this for ya for answers on that part.

wannabehulk69

Awards
I wouldn't front load just run it as normal.everything looks fine. I'm not sure on the hcg and Aromasin.I'll bump this for ya for answers on that part.

Thanks man!

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
id go a few more weeks on the hcg, say 6 weeks at 250iu 2x/week. a good starting dose of aromasin is 12.5eod beginning roughly week 4 or if you feel e2 sides earlier start then

jt339

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone, I would like to thank you for all the help you've given me so far in setting up the fine details of my first real deal cycle. Now, I have a few questions for things that I've seen conflicting information on.

First things first, my plan so far:

Test500 pinned 2x per week (Monday/Thursday), 250mg/pin for a total of 500mg per week.

Anavar oral dosed, starting at 50mg ED.

PCT: I'mg going to run a Torem/Clomid combo, which I already have on hand.

Planning on running this for a 12 week cycle, possibly front loading the first two weeks to get things going with the test.

Now, my questions are regarding the HCG:

I was planning on throwing it in for 2 weeks at 500iu 2x a week at the 8 week mark, what are your thoughts on this? I have it on hand and yes, it's the real deal. My main emphasis here is to keep the atrophy as minimal as possible and see if I can keep the natural production going as well. Yes, I'm aware of the desensitization and DHT risks, so I'm just wondering what everyone had in mind.

As for the Aromasin (Exemestane):

I have the 12.5mg tablets ready to go, but I've seen a lot of conflicting ideas on this. I've seen recommendations of 6mg every day, 12.5 EOD as well as 12.5 ED. I know this is often user dependent, but what would be a good starting point, and what should gauge the changes (if needed) to the dosage protocol?

Looking to get everything nailed to a T before getting started, so once again, your experience is appreciated!
Do you only have 2000iu's of hcg? You can blast it at the end, but most people do more than 1000iu a week when blasting. You can use 12.5 mg of aromasin ed. This is the standard dosing. Also, wait until the test kicks in to use the var. In my experience, var at the beginning of a cycle sucks. If you have 12 weeks of var at 50mg a day I'd say change it to 8 weeks at 75mg a day. Don't front load your test, its just a waste of gear. Yes I have tried it and all I got was extra bloat.

wannabehulk69

Awards
Once again, thanks for all the help guys. Great suggestions so far, and I have a lot to consider.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you only have 2000iu's of hcg? You can blast it at the end, but most people do more than 1000iu a week when blasting. You can use 12.5 mg of aromasin ed. This is the standard dosing. Also, wait until the test kicks in to use the var. In my experience, var at the beginning of a cycle sucks. If you have 12 weeks of var at 50mg a day I'd say change it to 8 weeks at 75mg a day. Don't front load your test, its just a waste of gear. Yes I have tried it and all I got was extra bloat.
What do you dislike about Anavar at the beginning of a cycle like this?

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Buuuuuump.

The Storm16

Awards
Do not do this!
Blast could lead to some serious problems... It can desensitize you leydig cells, which will make it harder to recover.

Here is one study. If you look at related articles etc you will find plenty more.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/3258644/?i=4&from=/2561360/related

Bulldogs advice is spot on in fact you could even take a lower dose more often if you really wanted to (150iu 3 times a week)

Jt I hope you didnt take that personally. Lots of ppl suggest blasting but I have yet to see any research showing that blasting has any benefits. If you have any studies etc I would love to see them--i'm always trying to take better care of the "boys"

jt339

Awards
  • Established
Do not do this!
Blast could lead to some serious problems... It can desensitize you leydig cells, which will make it harder to recover.

Here is one study. If you look at related articles etc you will find plenty more.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/3258644/?i=4&from=/2561360/related

Bulldogs advice is spot on in fact you could even take a lower dose more often if you really wanted to (150iu 3 times a week)

Jt I hope you didnt take that personally. Lots of ppl suggest blasting but I have yet to see any research showing that blasting has any benefits. If you have any studies etc I would love to see them--i'm always trying to take better care of the "boys"
So you're suggesting that he should run his 2000iu's over the course of his whole cycle? This isn't going to do **** to keep your balls functioning. Blasting would be much more effective. The study also states that it is aromatase that is responsible for the desensitization, so take aromasin leading up to pct and you're good.

The Storm16

Awards
I went through some of the studies he uses a while back and they seemed to add up. if you have any studies showing the blast is better id like to take a look at them and see what the consensus is.

HCG - Unraveled

By Eric M. Potratz

PCT is a must upon cessation of steroid use. Many great PCT protocols have been outlined over the years, and many individuals have had success with following such protocols. Nevertheless, what works can always work better, and I intend to show you the most effective way to recover from AAS. This is especially the case for those that have had a lack of success following popular advice. In this article I will address the misunderstanding and misuse of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) and show you the most efficient way to use hCG for the fastest and most complete recovery.

HCG unraveled -

Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) is a peptide hormone that mimics the action of luteinizing hormone (LH). LH is the hormone that stimulates the testes to produce testosterone. (1) More specifically LH is the primary signal sent from the pituitary to the testes, which stimulates the leydig cells within the testes to produce testosterone.

When steroids are administered, LH levels rapidly decline. The absence of an LH signal from the pituitary causes the testes to stop producing testosterone, which causes rapid onset of testicular degeneration. The testicular degeneration begins with a reduction of leydig cell volume, and is then followed by rapid reductions in intra-testicular testosterone (ITT), peroxisomes, and Insulin-like factor 3 (INSL3) - All important bio-markers and factors for proper testicular function and testosterone production. (2-6,19) However, this degeneration can be prevented by a small maintenance dose of hCG ran throughout the cycle. Unfortunately, most steroid users have been engrained to believe that hCG should be used after a cycle, during PCT. Upon reviewing the science and basic endocrinology you will see that a faster and more complete recovery is possible if hCG is ran during a cycle.

Firstly, we must understand the clinical history of hCG to understand its purpose and its most efficient application. Many popular "steroid profiles" advocate using hCG at a dose of 2500-5000iu once or twice a week. These were the kind of dosages used in the historical (1960's) hCG studies for hypogonadal men who had reduced testicular sensitivity due to prolonged LH deficiency. (21,22) A prolonged LH deficiency causes the testes to desensitize, requiring a higher hCG dose for ample stimulation. In men with normal LH levels and normal testicular sensitivity, the maximum increase of testosterone is seen from a dose of only 250iu, with minimal increases obtained from 500iu or even 5000iu. (2,11) (It appears the testes maximum secretion of testosterone is about 140% above their normal capacity.) (12-18) If you have allowed your testes to desensitize over the length of a typical steroid cycle, (8-16 weeks) then you would require a higher dose to elicit a response in an attempt to restore normal testicular size and function - but there is cost to this, and a high probability that you won't regain full testicular function.

One term that is critical to understand is testosterone secretion capacity which is synonymous to testicular sensitivity. This is the amount of testosterone your testes can produce from any given LH or hCG stimulation. Therefore, if you have reduced testosterone secretion capacity (reduced testicular sensitivity), it will take more LH or hCG stimulation to produce the same result as if you had normal testosterone secretion capacity. If you reduce your testosterone secretion capacity too much, then no amount of LH or hCG stimulation will trigger normal testosterone production - and this leads to permanently reduced testosterone production.

To get an idea of how quickly you can reduce your testosterone secretion capacity from your average steroid cycle, consider this: LH levels are rapidly decreased by the 2nd day of steroid administration. (2,9,10) By shutting down the LH signal and allowing the testis to be non-functional over a 12-16 week period, leydig cell volume decreases 90%, ITT decreases 94%, INSL3 decreases 95%, while the capacity to secrete testosterone decreases as much as 98%. (2-6)

Note: visually analyzing testes size is a poor method of judging your actual testicular function, since testicular size is not directly related to the ability to secrete testosterone. (4) This is because the leydig cells, which are the primary sites of testosterone secretion, only make up about 10% of the total testicular volume. Therefore, when the testes may only appear 5-10% smaller, the testes ability to secrete testosterone upon LH or hCG stimulation can actually be significantly reduced to 98% of their normal production. (3-5) The point here is to not judge testosterone secretion capacity by testicular size.

The decreased testosterone secretion capacity caused by steroid use was well demonstrated in a study on power athletes who used steroids for 16 weeks, and were then administered 4500iu hCG post cycle. It was found that the steroid users were about 20 times less responsive to hCG, when compared to normal men who did not use steroids. (8) In other words, their testosterone secretion capacity was dramatically reduced because they did not receive an LH signal for 16 weeks. The testes essentially became desensitized and crippled. Case studies with steroid using patients show that aggressive long-term treatment with hCG at dosages as high as 10,000iu E3D for 12 weeks were unable to return full testicular size. (7) Another study with men using low dose steroids for 6 weeks showed unsuccessful return of Insulin-like factor-3 (INSL3) concentration in the testes upon 5000iu/wk of HCG treatment for 12 weeks (6) (INSL3 is an important biomarker for testosterone production potential and sperm production. 20)

These studies show that postponing hCG usage until the end of a steroid cycle increases your need for a higher dose of hCG, and decreases your odds of a full recovery. As a consequence to using a higher dose of hCG at the end of a cycle, estrogen will be increased disproportionately to testosterone, which then causes further HPTA suppression (from high estrogen) while increasing the risk of gyno. (11) For example, high doses of hCG have been found to raise estradiol up to 165%, while only raising testosterone 140%. (11) Higher doses of hCG are also known to reduce LH receptor concentration and degrade the enzymes responsible for testosterone synthesis within the testes (12,13,19 ) -- the last thing someone wants during recovery. While these negative effects of hCG can be partly mitigated by the use of a SERM such as tamoxifen, it will create further problems associated with using a toxic SERM (covered in another article).

In light of the above evidence, it becomes obvious that we must take preventative measures to avoid this testicular degeneration. We must protect our testicular sensitivity. Besides, with hCG being so readily available, and such a painless shot, it makes you wonder why anyone wouldn't use it on cycle.

Based on studies with normal men using steroids, 100iu HCG administered everyday was enough to preserve full testicular function and ITT levels, without causing desensitization typically associated with higher doses of hCG. (2) It is important that low-dose hCG is started before testicular sensitivity is reduced, which appears to rapidly manifest within the first 2-3 weeks of steroid use. Also, it's important to discontinue the hCG before you start PCT so your leydig cells are given a chance to re-sensitize to your body's own LH production. (To help further enhance testicular sensitivity, the dietary supplement Toco-8 may be used)

A more convenient alternative to the above recommendation would be a twice a week shot of 200iu hCG, or possibly a once a week shot of 500iu. However, it is most desirable to adhere to a lower more frequent dose of hCG to mimic the body's natural LH release and minimize estrogen conversion. If you are starting hCG late in the cycle, one could calculate a rough estimate for their required hCG 'kick starting' dosage by multiplying 40iu x days of LH absence, since the testes will be desensitized, thus requiring a higher dose. (ie. 40iu x 60 days = 2400iu HCG dose)

Note: If following the on cycle hCG protocol, hCG should NOT be used for PCT.

Recap -

For preservation of testicular sensitivity, use 100iu hCG ED starting 7 days after your first AAS dose. At the end of the cycle, drop the hCG two weeks before the AAS clear the system. For example, you would drop hCG about the same time as your last Testosterone Enanthate shot. Or, if you are ending the cycle with orals, you would drop the hCG about 10 days before your last oral dose. This will allow for a sudden and even clearance in hormone levels, while initiating LH and FSH production from the pituitary, to begin stimulating your testes to produce testosterone. Remember, recovery doesn't begin until you are off hCG since your body will not release its own LH until the hCG has cleared the system.

In conclusion, we have learned that utilizing hCG during a steroid cycle will significantly prevent testicular degeneration. This helps create a seamless transition from "on cycle" to "off cycle" thus avoiding the post cycle crash.

References -

1. Glycoprotein hormones: structure and function.
Pierce JG, Parsons TF 1981
Annu Rev Biochem 50:466-495

2. Low-Dose Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Maintains Intratesticular Testosterone in Normal Men with Testosterone-Induced Gonadotropin Suppression
Andrea D. Coviello, et al
J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab., May 2005; 90: 2595 - 2602.

3. Luteinizing hormone on Leydig cell structure and function.
Mendis-Handagama SM
Histol Histopathol 12:869-882 (1997)

4. Leydig cell peroxisomes and sterol carrier protein-2 in luteinizing hormone-deprived rats
SM Mendis-Handagama, et al.
Endocrinology, Dec 1992; 131: 2839.

5. Effect of long term deprivation of luteinizing hormone on Leydig cell volume, Leydig cell number, and steroidogenic capacity of the rat testis.
Keeney DS, et al.
Endocrinology 1988; 123:2906-2915.

6.The Effects of Gonadotropin Suppression and Selective Replacement on Insulin-Like Factor 3 Secretion in Normal Adult Men
Katrine Bay, et al
J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab., Mar 2006; 91: 1108 - 1111.

7. Successful treatment of anabolic steroid-induced azoospermia with human
chorionic gonadotropin and human menopausal gonadotropin
Dev Kumar Menon, et al.
FERTILITY AND STERILITY VOL. 79, SUPPL. 3, JUNE 2003

8. Testicular responsiveness to human chorionic godadotrophin during transient hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism induced by androgenic/anabolic steroids in power athletes
Hannu et al.
J. Steroid Biochem. Vol. 25, No. 1 pp. 109-112 (1986)

9. Comparison of testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, luteinizing hormone, and follicle-stimulating hormone in serum after injection of testosterone enanthate of testosterone cypionate.
Schulte-Beerbuhl M, et al 1980
Fertil Steril 33:201-203

10. Effects of chronic testosterone administration in normal men: safety and efficacy of high dosage testosterone and parallel dose-dependent suppression of luteinizing hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone, and sperm production.
Matsumoto AM, et al 1990
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 70:282-287

11. Effect of human chorionic gonadotropin on plasma steroid levels in young and old men.
Longcope C et al
Steroids 21:583-590 (1973)

12. Regulation of peptide hormone receptors and gonadal steroidogenesis.
Catt KJ, et al
Rec Prog Horm Res 1980; 36:557-622

13. Effect of human chorionic gonadotropin on the endocrine function of Papio testes
GV Katsiia, et al
Probl Endokrinol (Mosk), Sep 1984; 30(5): 68-71.

14. Reproductive function in young fathers and grandfathers.
Nieschlag E, et al.
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 55:676-681 (1982)

15. The aging Leydig cell III Gonadotropin stimulation in men.
Nankin HR, et al. 1981
J Androl 2:181-189

16. Reproductive hormones in aging men. I. Measurement of sex steroids, basal luteinizing hormone, and Leydig cell response to human chorionic gonadotropin.
Harman SM, et al. 1980
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 51:35-40

17. Prolonged biphasic response of plasma testosterone to single intramuscular injections of human chorionic gonadotropin.
Padron RS, et al. 1980
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 50:1100-1104

18. Gonadotrophins and plasma testosterone in senescence. In: James VHT, Serio M, Martini L, eds. The endocrine function of the human testis.
Mazzi C, et al. 1974
New York: Academic Press, Inc.; 51-66

19. Androgen biosynthesis in Leydig cells after testicular desensitization by luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone and human chorionic gonadotropin.
Dufau ML, et al.
Endocrinology 105 1314-1321 (1979)

20. Insulin-Like Factor 3 Serum Levels in 135 Normal Men and 85 Men with Testicular Disorders: Relationship to the Luteinizing Hormone-Testosterone Axis
K. Bay, S. et al
J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab., Jun 2005; 90: 3410 - 3418.

21. Stimulation of sperm production by human chorionic gonadotropin after prolonged gonadotropin suppression in normal men.
Matsumoto AM, et al 1985
J Androl 6:137-143

22. Human chorionic gonadotropin and testicular function: stimulation of testosterone, testosterone precursors, and sperm production despite high estradiol levels.
Matsumoto AM, et al. 1983
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 56:720-728

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great post. I'll +rep when I get to my laptop today.

jt339

Awards
  • Established
Consider your source. Hell the opening sentence is not even true. Yes, not using hcg can shut down your balls on cycle, but this whole desensitization causing permanent shut down is just garbage. If that were the case one cycle would shut down most people permanently and we know from our gear using predecessors from the 70s, 80s and 90s that this isn't true. The studies he uses also bend to support his beliefs. Also, sentences like this SHOULD have made you think "red flag:"

If you have allowed your testes to desensitize over the length of a typical steroid cycle, (8-16 weeks) then you would require a higher dose to elicit a response in an attempt to restore normal testicular size and function - but there is cost to this, and a high probability that you won't regain full testicular function.
So he's saying not only is it possible to lose test production it is likely. I know old meat heads at my gym who started using in the 90s and a few in the 80s that still dont use a pct and their test levels come back. Granted, they are not as high as mine, but would you expect that 45-55 year old men would have a higher test production than a 23 year old?

Higher doses of hCG are also known to reduce LH receptor concentration and degrade the enzymes responsible for testosterone synthesis within the testes (12,13,19 ) -- the last thing someone wants during recovery.
This is EXTREMELY misleading. Yes, hcg will do those things in high concentrations, BUT you are not recovering while on the hcg AND if you remember, the aromatase enzyme is at fault here like stated in the previous study. Also, these receptors can regenerate just as quickly as any other receptor in the body that has downregulated. From a biological perspective, it makes no sense that these receptors would stay down regulated in the conditions of decreasing hcg and low LH.

What the article is saying and what his proof is are not the same thing. He is trying to make you believe that hcg is imperative to full recovery. If you sift though his biased opinions (remember, this guy owns a company that makes products that supposedly mimic hcg), you'll see that all the article is really saying is that you become desensitized to hcg, NOT LH. So why you may need to use more at the end of a cycle blasting because you are desensitized to the hcg, this does not mean that your test production will not come back to normal or close to it. If you think that using hcg throughout every cycle is going to keep your balls producing normal amounts of test your whole life without consequence you are sadly mistaken. hcg is suppressive in itself, running it too long can shut you down. Yep, the chemical thats suppose to save your balls can shut you down if you use it long enough and happen to be unlucky.

I knew this article was going to be worthless or close to it when I saw the author. I am not even promoting blasting, using it thorughout the cycle is clearly a much better option. I just get pissed off when I see these company owners throwing together research to make the general population believe something that will benefit his/her company that isn't necessarily true. He probably didn't even write it and had someone ghost-write it for him!

The Storm16

Awards
Consider your source. Hell the opening sentence is not even true. Yes, not using hcg can shut down your balls on cycle, but this whole desensitization causing permanent shut down is just garbage. (1) If that were the case one cycle would shut down most people permanently and we know from our gear using predecessors from the 70s, 80s and 90s that this isn't true. (2) The studies he uses also bend to support his beliefs. Also, sentences like this SHOULD have made you think "red flag:"

So he's saying not only is it possible to lose test production it is likely. (3)I know old meat heads at my gym who started using in the 90s and a few in the 80s that still dont use a pct and their test levels come back. (4)Granted, they are not as high as mine, but would you expect that 45-55 year old men would have a higher test production than a 23 year old?

This is EXTREMELY misleading. Yes, hcg will do those things in high concentrations, BUT you are not recovering while on the hcg AND if you remember, the aromatase enzyme is at fault here like stated in the previous study. Also, these receptors can regenerate just as quickly as any other receptor in the body that has downregulated. From a biological perspective, it makes no sense that these receptors would stay down regulated in the conditions of decreasing hcg and low LH. (5)

What the article is saying and what his proof is are not the same thing. He is trying to make you believe that hcg is imperative to full recovery. If you sift though his biased opinions (remember, this guy owns a company that makes products that supposedly mimic hcg), you'll see that all the article is really saying is that you become desensitized to hcg, NOT LH. So why you may need to use more at the end of a cycle blasting because you are desensitized to the hcg, this does not mean that your test production will not come back to normal or close to it. (6) If you think that using hcg throughout every cycle is going to keep your balls producing normal amounts of test your whole life without consequence you are sadly mistaken. hcg is suppressive in itself, running it too long can shut you down. Yep, the chemical thats suppose to save your balls can shut you down if you use it long enough and happen to be unlucky. (7)

I knew this article was going to be worthless or close to it when I saw the author. I am not even promoting blasting, using it thorughout the cycle is clearly a much better option. I just get pissed off when I see these company owners throwing together research to make the general population believe something that will benefit his/her company that isn't necessarily true. He probably didn't even write it and had someone ghost-write it for him! (8)

1) permanent shut down does not mean 100% of your balls go away. If i do a cycle and do a bad pct, i could only get back to 99% of my pre-cycle test production--that is permanent shut down. he never says your balls will stay the size of peanuts and that you will have zero test. losing one percent adds up.

2) referencing guys from over 40 years ago makes absolutely no sense. I'm talking about research and studies. have you checked these old guys out? do you know how well their balls are working?

3)yes this guy uses qualifiers because he hasn't personally done these studies. he is using facts and principles from studies that have been done and is applying them... it wouldn't be ethical to take a group of guys and purposely destroy their balls... thats why it is LIKELY.

4)how do you know if their levels come back unless you're taking sperm counts or something... you keep bashing everything i put up but you fail to produce a single study.

5) so its only the aromatase enzyme? thats the only reason? if you were speaking from a biological perspective you'd show some evidence

6)if you are actually trying to tell me HCG and LH are so different that your body dsnt react extremely similarly to them, you're insane. They are so similary that too much of one effects the other. HCG exerts its effects because it binds to many of the same receptors. those receptors can become desensitized, which effects LH. that is a simplified explanation but it still holds true.

7)HCG suppresses your natural LH because your body thinks its the same thing... how could it be suppressive if it was so different? the suppression proves they are so similar that they are almost interchangeable in this scenario

8)You just suggested he blast. thats how all of this started..... you also just said taking throughout is a better option....so you're just arguing with me and misleading people for the fun of it?
get as pissed off as you want but don't put it on a forum without any evidence. I am 100% willing to be wrong if you can prove it

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
The recommended dose by almost every informed doctor and AAS veterans is 250iu, twice a week, during cycle. I'd personally recommend continuing into PCT at the same dose.

jt339

Awards
  • Established
1) permanent shut down does not mean 100% of your balls go away. If i do a cycle and do a bad pct, i could only get back to 99% of my pre-cycle test production--that is permanent shut down. he never says your balls will stay the size of peanuts and that you will have zero test. losing one percent adds up.
Ok, that makes sense.

2) referencing guys from over 40 years ago makes absolutely no sense. I'm talking about research and studies. have you checked these old guys out? do you know how well their balls are working?
Say what you will, but I will take field tested over well-researched any day of the week in any circumstance. I review their blood work for them. I'm a med student so it gives me some practice and most of them don't know how to interpret it.

3)yes this guy uses qualifiers because he hasn't personally done these studies. he is using facts and principles from studies that have been done and is applying them... it wouldn't be ethical to take a group of guys and purposely destroy their balls... thats why it is LIKELY.
Again, our definitions of permanent shut down were different. This makes more sense now.

4)how do you know if their levels come back unless you're taking sperm counts or something... you keep bashing everything i put up but you fail to produce a single study.
As stated, I review their blood work for them.

5) so its only the aromatase enzyme? thats the only reason? if you were speaking from a biological perspective you'd show some evidence
Bro, you provided the study that said it was the aromatase enyzme.

6)if you are actually trying to tell me HCG and LH are so different that your body dsnt react extremely similarly to them, you're insane. They are so similary that too much of one effects the other. HCG exerts its effects because it binds to many of the same receptors. those receptors can become desensitized, which effects LH. that is a simplified explanation but it still holds true.
Not saying they are extremely different. FYI, desensitized = receptor down regulation usually because of too much substrate, in this case, hcg. Down regulated receptors will up regulate when their substrate is low unless pathology is present. This is basic cell bio, I learned it as a sophomore in undergrad.

7)HCG suppresses your natural LH because your body thinks its the same thing... how could it be suppressive if it was so different? the suppression proves they are so similar that they are almost interchangeable in this scenario
Its suppressive because stimulation of GnRH is shut down. No GnRH = No FSH and LH = no test.

8)You just suggested he blast. thats how all of this started..... you also just said taking throughout is a better option....so you're just arguing with me and misleading people for the fun of it?
get as pissed off as you want but don't put it on a forum without any evidence. I am 100% willing to be wrong if you can prove it
Because I'm assuming he has 2000iu's which isn't much. I never suggested using an appropriate amount of hcg thoughout his cycle (500iu's a week which I am assuming he cannot do as I'm assuming only 2000iu's) was an inferior option.

Relax bro, I wasn't pissed at you. I was pissed at the article itself. Although admitedly I'm less pissed now that permanent shut down has been cleared up.

jt339

Awards
  • Established
The recommended dose by almost every informed doctor and AAS veterans is 250iu, twice a week, during cycle. I'd personally recommend continuing into PCT at the same dose.
As stated before, hcg is actually suppressive so using it in pct is counterproductive. Yes, you will be making test, but you need your own GnRH production to kick on so that FSH and LH can be made so that the testes will make test on their own.

The Storm16

Awards
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Name that movie!

wannabehulk69

Awards
What do you dislike about Anavar at the beginning of a cycle like this?

I was wondering this as well ^^

Seems I've created a storm here wigs lot of great discussion, but I still need to get the hcg protocol I want to us figured out...

jt339

Awards
  • Established

Seems I've created a storm here wigs lot of great discussion, but I still need to get the hcg protocol I want to us figured out...
It works better at the end of a cycle when androgen levels are high. I've had people come to me ****ty saying their var is bunk when they kickstarted a cycle because they didnt even notice it. Granted, if you're running 100mg ed, you're probably going to feel it regardless.

The Storm16

Awards

right, back to the actual issues....

var isnt too potent in itself, for this reason most ppl dont like starting with it. ive never heard anything bad about dbol, itll def kick things off for your. most ppl use var during a cycle or as a bridge cuz it helps you keep gains without suppressing recovery too much

if you cant get more hcg, id run 200iu every 4 days or so for as long as you can at the end of your cycle--prolly the last 5 or so weeks. it definitely wont be as effective as running it throughout but id worry about desensitizing by using too much at once. thats just me tho. im not sure what input other ppl will have

wannabehulk69

Awards
Well I guess I should mention that I have 5,000 iu of HCG on hand and can easily get more...

Can we go from there?

The Storm16

Awards
so you do have enough hcg to run it through the entire cycle haha.

run 200-250 iu every 3 to 4 days throughout the cycle. i wouldnt start it up until week 3 or so and then run it up to pct

Harry Seaward

Harry Seaward

Awards
Thanks man, I personally started my first cycle two weeks ago almost, 437.5 mg test e, D-Bol kick 35 mg, and plan on 250IU 2x's per week (week 4-9) and 500IU 2x's per week (10-11). Does that work as well? Should I just lower the 500 to 250IU for whole cycle so that one 5000IU vial can last more weeks?

Also I planned on waiting till week 4 to start bc I figured that's when shutdown would really kick in, and also 6 weeks of 500IU/wk and 2 weeks of 1000IU/wk conveniently adds up to 5000.

Am I making it harder on myself to recover by not doing HCG first few weeks? Thanks brother:)

Harry Seaward

Harry Seaward

Awards
Well I guess I should mention that I have 5,000 iu of HCG on hand and can easily get more...

Can we go from there?
Me too I have a 5000IU still haven't mixed it, and currently on my first cycle so trying to figure this all out.

I'm doing 11 weeks cycle Test E 437.5 mg / wk (almost done w week 2), and it adds up to 5000IU if I do:

HCG 250IU 2x's / wk (4-9)
HCG 500IU 2x's / wk (10-11)

I remember reading that it's better to do a little bit more HCG the last couple weeks / last 10 days or something before PCT, but don't have the source. If anyone has any confirming info I would be reassured and it would be appreciated!

The Storm16

Awards
i would stay at 250 twice a week. what really matters is how much hcg you use at one time so taking 100 iu every day is better than 500iu once a week. depending on how much hcg you have you could start a week after your first injections or even a couple weeks later. i wouldnt start later than the 3rd week tho. use bacteria static water because it helps the hcg last--how many days it lasts ranges from 30 to 80 but most hcg kits say it lasts in the fridge for 60 days if you use bacteria static water. becuase of the shelf life, using from week 2 to week 12 may seem like a stretch. older hcg may be less potent but it wont hurt you. you also dont want to assume it is less potent and increase the dose in the event that it didnt actualy lose its potency.

i would mix the hcg with more BW if possible. a pharmacist i talked to told me that increasing the amount of liquid can help the hcg last longer. i myself have not been able to find any research on this but i do it because 1) it cant hurt and 2) it helps me get a more exact dosage. (As an fyi, I doubt there are any good studies on using more liquid to make the hcg last because it isnt too important for the medical community. Legitimate users have steady access to hcg and dont need to worry about making 5,000ius last 12 or more weeks).
I usually mix about 3mls in a seal vial (you can get new ones or even use an empty hgh vial).
here is a really good step by step explanation of how to reconstitute your hcg

*one last thing...dont shake your hcg. when youre mixing it, dont shoot the water into the powder, let it gently run down the side of the vial so you dont rly mess with the hcg. this seems foolish because drawing hcg into a tiny opening like an insulin syringe exerts a lot of force on it...that said, i think its better to be safe than sorry so be gentle haha.

i have another article about in cycle hcg and pct...if anyone is interested just shoot me a message and make sure your mailbox isnt full otherwise i wont be able to respond

Stay Anabolic,
Storm16

How to reconstitute HCG.

HCG usually comes as 5,000iu.
If you were to use 1ml to dilute this, you’d have 5,000iu/ml
If you were to use 2ml to dilute this, you’d have 2,500iu/ml
If you were to use 5ml to dilute this, you’d have 1,000iu/ml

HCG also comes as 2,500iu
If you were to use 1ml to dilute this, you’d have 2,500iu/ml
If you were to use 2 ml to dilute this, you’d have 1,250iu/ml

HCG also comes as 10,000iu
If you were to use 1ml to dilute, you’d have 10,000iu/ml
If you were to use 5ml to dilute, you’d have 2,000iu/ml

There are also 11,000iu batches
If you were to use 1ml to dilute, you’d have 11,000iu/ml
If you were to use 5ml to dilute, you’d have 2,200iu/ml

To find the iu/ml for a different number, take the total iu of HCG and divide by the number of ml you plan to dilute it with (for example, 5,000iu/2ml=2,500iu/ml)

The more you dilute it, the more accurate your dosage will be. For example, using 2,500iu/ml, if you were to inject 500iu there could be measuring error. Let’s say the margin of error is +/- .05cc. You could be injecting between 375iu and 625iu. Now, taking the 1,000iu/ml dosage, the +/-.05cc margin of error is lower (also using a dose of 500iu). The dose would be somewhere between 450iu and 550iu.
At 1,000iu/ml, .5cc is 500iu, .2cc is 200iu, and .25cc is 250iu.
At 2,200iu/ml, .5cc is 1,100iu, .2cc is 440iu, and .25 is 550iu.

To find the number of iu in any increment, take the iu/ml number and multiply it by the cc you want (for example, 1,000iu/ml*.5cc=500iu).
If you want to take a certain iu, divide the number of iu by the iu/ml to find out how many cc you need (for example, if you want 500iu and you have a dose at 2,000iu/ml, 500iu/2,000iu/ml=.25ml)

Using HCG
HCG should be stored in a refrigerator immediately after reconstitution. It can last about 4 weeks or so. Swirl it gently before injecting but handle it carefully. Letting HCG go to room temperature after it has been chilled can damage it. If this happens, it is safer to throw it away and start over. When reconstituting, the reconstitution liquid should not be directly shot at the HCG biscuit but rather run down the side of the vial. The HCG amp gets broken and diluted with a little water. Then you draw it out into a slin pin and shot the water down the side of the vial. Add more water if desired. It is best to used a new, sealed, sterile vial for reconstitution. HCG can be shot either in a muscle (IM) or subcutaneously (sub-q). It is more common to shoot HCG sub-q to avoid scar tissue in the muscle. HCG is typically shot with an insulin pin to minimize pain. A typical 25-30g pin with a .5cc barrel (or as small as you can get) is recommend (a smaller barrel minimizes the margin of error). A sub-q injection is typically done in the abdominal region by pinching a layer of fat and injection the HCG between the fat and muscle.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In addition to that ^^^^^^^, there are HCG kits online that give you EVERYTHING you need to mix up your batch (minus the HCG, of course). It's not expensive and really is quite simple.

wannabehulk69

Awards
Great advice guys, much appreciated once again. Yeah, I'm familiar with reconstituting with bacteriostatic water and proper procedure of mixing as I've done peptides in the past.