HCG during cycle or PCT

power_house

Awards
What's the general consensus here regarding the title ? Do people prefer using HCG during cycle or as part of pct ?

What are the pros and cons of doing either ?

What is the best doses for HCG ?

I'm basing this on a 12-14 week test cycle !

rmsshelton

Awards
I am curious to hear responses too.

For me I used it PCT
With so far outstanding results.

BAMABEAR

BAMABEAR

Awards
What's the general consensus here regarding the title ? Do people prefer using HCG during cycle or as part of pct ?

What are the pros and cons of doing either ?

What is the best doses for HCG ?

I'm basing this on a 12-14 week test cycle !

The point of pct is to Kick start back your on natural test production and if your taking HCG your not actually in PCT.

rmsshelton

Awards
I agree
HCG is suppressive.
So starting that I mainly to get your LH back up so you can start producing your own test efficiently again.

It is a great jump start to PCT tho.
Very effective for some people.
Just make sure you have AI on hand like arimidex or Nolva at least.
What is your cycle and pct plan.

What sups, supports and etc... SERM's?

BAMABEAR

BAMABEAR

Awards
I agree
HCG is suppressive.
So starting that I mainly to get your LH back up so you can start producing your own test efficiently again.

This is is why you should run it from week 3- to the day before you start pct. it makes a smother transition into pct.

rmsshelton

Awards
Agreed

I ran mine from last inj of test, till I started clomid.
Water was all that dropped off.
Atrophy, fixed immediately and zero loss thus far.

BAMABEAR

BAMABEAR

Awards
Yes I've heard of people runni g it this way. To be honest I don't blame you for running it that way at all because I hate hcg myself. All Im saying is I wouldn't run during my actual pct.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I prefer to run hcg during a cycle, as it is suppressive on its own. 250iu 2x a week, or a few blasts leading up to pct, but not during.

power_house

Awards
Yes that was the main reason I asked this question as I was aware people found it suppressive in its own right.

My cycle will be quite basic and likely to be test e based for 12-14 weeks. Probably with a test prop kick start the first 3 weeks and maybe some var for the last 4 !

PCT will be clomid, nolva and daa and I will have an AI on hand also

I will probably run some HCG during the last 4 weeks and during the 2 weeks between my last shot and PCT starting !

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
HCG may be suppressive, but I don't think it will shut you down. If you take 250iu 2xwk, your body should still produce naturally. The idea is to reduce the E2 while your body finds its way back to normality. I surely wouldn't engage in a violent debate about this, but if I were going through PCT, I would add it to my program. And don't forget, guys like Dr Crisler use it to restart a broken down system.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Agreed DH, but doesn't he stop it before the clomid and other compounds?

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Agreed DH, but doesn't he stop it before the clomid and other compounds?
stopped two weeks before clomid ends. Clomid 100 mg for 4 weeks. Hcg for the first 2 weeks (every other day 10,000 iu I think..). nolva throughout for about 6.5 weeks

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
stopped two weeks before clomid ends. Clomid 100 mg for 4 weeks. Hcg for the first 2 weeks (every other day 10,000 iu I think..). nolva throughout for about 6.5 weeks[/QUOTe

That doesn't sound like the protocol I've seen him use before, but he's innovative. I know he used to use AAS heavily in the 80's, so he's been there; done that. This is his web site. He has removed a lot of good info in HCG. You may have to subscribe to get that info now.
http://www.allthingsmale.com/index.html

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
stopped two weeks before clomid ends. Clomid 100 mg for 4 weeks. Hcg for the first 2 weeks (every other day 10,000 iu I think..). nolva throughout for about 6.5 weeks[/QUOTe

That doesn't sound like the protocol I've seen him use before, but he's innovative. I know he used to use AAS heavily in the 80's, so he's been there; done that. This is his web site. He has removed a lot of good info in HCG. You may have to subscribe to get that info now.
http://www.allthingsmale.com/index.html
maybe Im thinking of someone else lol

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
I prefer to run hcg during a cycle, as it is suppressive on its own. 250iu 2x a week, or a few blasts leading up to pct, but not during.
This seems like a good idea.

Good link for some info on HCG:

IntenseMuscle.com

Some other advice, taken from that same forum (from Dante Trudel):

So let me run thru some of my opinions here on all this and again this all comes down to choices.

1) I believe in 250-500IUS of HCG done 2x a week, done on the day before shots.....and believe this is one of the most important things any bodybuilder can do for himself to keep himself as "normalized as possible"....this is Swales recommendation and kudo's go to his work.....dont credit me in the least on this...because its 100% Swale
2)Clomid is a very hard compound for people to take, it makes alot of guys depressed, anxious and absolutely irritable....want to know what its like for your girlfriend/wife on her period? Thats clomid by 5x. It also works very well if you can hack it (alot of people cant)
3)This is just personal opinion and nothing more than that. I believe Letrozole is just too powerful. You need some estrogen for health reasons. Always remember homeostatis......if you drive your estrogen levels down to nothing, guess where your endo testosterone is going to go. And there is nothing more dangerous in my opinion than having seriously low testosterone levels, especially for endothelial/cardiac health. I would probably pick something like exemestane and use the least amount you can of it for an anti arom.
4) Nolvadex/tamoxifen i go back and forth on opinionwise as an anti est. Ive kind of soured on it again....
a) raises HDL
b) can raise LH, FSH and testosterone in some/most
c) can cause blood clots
d) can cause some retinal damage maybe in some (thats for you killerstack)
e) can potentially reduce IGF liberation

(yes Ive started to get to the opinion that steroids and testosterone are pretty safe but its all the ancillary stuff that people are using in large amounts that they think is like pez candy (but are in actuality pretty darn powerful) might be a big culprit in alot of the side effects (especially cardiovascular/lipid/clot wise) we are seeing.

so my opinions would be the following

while on, use the lowest amount of juice you can to make gains so you can always have something to go up to later. Ive seen LATS say this, Ive seen Evan C say this, and ive said this alot of the years......if you do 2 grams of test now when you are 205 pounds......what the hell are you going to have to use when you are 225 pounds and stuck? 4000-5000mg of test a week? What?!?!, till you get past your plateau or have a cardiovascular event?

while on

1) HCG 2x a week
2) if you must use an anti arom...then use exemestane at its lowest dose you can and maybe every 2nd or 3rd day.

always go 4 to 8 (maybe 12 weeks tops if you are still gaining) and then send signals to the HPTA.