Test, EQ water retention.... 7 1/2 weeks out!

MBracewell01

Awards
Currently running Test e 750 mg/wk and eq 500 mg/wk. Im 7 1/2 weeks out from my first show and holding TONS of water. My diet is spot on... 500 grams carbs, 210 grams protein, 53 grams fat coming from all natural food. Very low sodium. So I know its not sodium related. Should I drop Test or maybe lower the dose as I get closer to my show? I'm going to add in winni and letro for 6 weeks leading into the show.
My thoughts are EQ, winni, letro, and Clen with NO TEST for the last 6 weeks. Any thoughts? I'm 5'10 233 pounds and about 11.25% BF according to 7 point caliper check.

handcannon7

handcannon7

Awards
Your 11% bodyfat and eating 500gr of carbs a day. Thats why youre holding so much water, pretty simply put. Drop test at least 4 weeks out, thats the rule I've heard most guys use.
pretty much this, dont totally drop test because you still want to keep thickness from it but just lower it and Id drop the amount of carbs thats quite frankly a **** ton tbh.

adnscmplx

Awards
That is a lot of carbs. Lots notice more water retention with more carbs, drop them. Pulling a number out of my head, 300g sounds like plenty.

As an aside if you are 5'10 233lbs with 11% BF you are a super f-ing turbo beast. I'm betting your BF is a bit higher.

MBracewell01

Awards
Here is a recent picture. The plan is to keep the carbs in until 4 weeks out from competition and then cut them by 25% every 5 days. I've always been very anti carb but my trainer wants me doing this. Even with carbs this high I'm still dropping body fat. The whole carb thing and the water retention thing has just been a huge mind F*ck!

lastchance

lastchance

Awards
Can't tell a whole lot from the rear double bicep pose I would post up some others. From what I can see though you definitely look smooth. As close as you are getting to your show I would strongly consider bringing down your carb intake in your diet

handcannon7

handcannon7

Awards
Can't tell a whole lot from the rear double bicep pose I would post up some others. From what I can see though you definitely look smooth. As close as you are getting to your show I would strongly consider bringing down your carb intake in your diet
Yeah this, you dont really look 7 weeks out. You can drop the water that the carbs and gear is causing relatively quick if you need to but youd rather not, gradual is always better. You dont want to risk coming in looking kind of flat because you tried to drop a lot of water late.

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
I never competed for obvious reasons, but you look very smooth. If I compare your photo with my avatar, I was on tren. test and adrol for about a month when that was taken, about 6 months ago. I am not an example by any means, but I do appear more shredded and harder than you do. My diet sucked and I really didn't watch the carbs. A lot of pros would be on tren and taking diuretics to help lose the water. I seriously doubt equip minus test is going to help at all. I wonder if your routine is good?

jaderjader321

jaderjader321

Banned
Awards
Dam, drop test dose, drop carbs, u should be on a keto-type diet right now, I think your cutting it real close to show time cause your way to soft looking.

Anyways u still need test, just stay low, maybe think about some diuretics to see if water comes off, maybe increase water intake if it's not high already, if I were u I'd get some tren quick!!! Haha good luck dude

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
Definitely drop carbs + test. I'm not your prep coach or anything, but for 7 weeks out you seem to be taking in an awful lot of food. The macros you listed put you at about 3300 calories daily, and that seems very high for someone so close to competition, unless you're running some serious gear at the moment. At 11% 7 weeks out, I'd say the next 7 weeks are going to be hell for you in terms of diet, you'll have to be cutting a lot of cals to get down to the desirable 7-8% bf for competition time. With your current macros, I'd say you should pull most of your calories from carbs, the more "non-essential" of the macronutrients.

Again, not your prep coach, it's just that with 7 weeks out, I wouldn't think you could be consuming 3300 cals daily and get down to contest shape in time (except if you have some CRAZY fast metabolism).

adnscmplx

Awards
Has anyone ever tried some real diuretics like Lasix or HCTZ?

GLHF

GLHF

Awards
  • Established
drop the test down to 350-500mg/week range. what was the reason behind stacking eq with test? eq is almost just like test, but it dosent convert to estrogen as much. i cant see it as a pre contest drug other than having more androgens+less estrogen from 500test + 500eq than a gram of test straight up.

from my experience, while on eq i hold water easily unless im on a keto diet.

500grams of carbs defiently seems high man, i bulk with 300-500grams of carbs a day and im 240+ .

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You need to be moving towards pre-contest drugs like Test-P, Masteron and Tren. I say move to 300mg Test-P, Keep EQ same, Start running Mast @ 400mg and start a Ketosis diet and ditch the carbs bro. You've got plenty of size but you are far from 11% in that pic. Go look at my most recent pics in my current log. The side chest pose that I did is @ 11.9% BF average via Dexa scan.