androderm test patch question

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
I know this probably belongs in the other subforum, but nobody ever goes there, and it seems more like homebret TD's than actual manufactured patches, so I'll give it a go here.

anyone know how effective these patches are? I got prescribed the patches for having test on the low end, combined with fatigue. I noticed that each "5g/day" patch contains a reservoir with 24-25g of test. After a day, instructions explicitly say fold patch together to prevent unintentional contamination. So that makes me think that there's still test left in the gel... what if I punctured the reservoir and used the gel and applied it as a regular test-gel? Would that work? I see no reason why a TD patch would have 24-25g of test in it, but only deliver 5g/day other than the adhesive irritating the skin after over 24hrs in the same spot and the absorption rate for such a small area was only 20%.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
I know this probably belongs in the other subforum, but nobody ever goes there, and it seems more like homebret TD's than actual manufactured patches, so I'll give it a go here.

anyone know how effective these patches are? I got prescribed the patches for having test on the low end, combined with fatigue. I noticed that each "5g/day" patch contains a reservoir with 24-25g of test. After a day, instructions explicitly say fold patch together to prevent unintentional contamination. So that makes me think that there's still test left in the gel... what if I punctured the reservoir and used the gel and applied it as a regular test-gel? Would that work? I see no reason why a TD patch would have 24-25g of test in it, but only deliver 5g/day other than the adhesive irritating the skin after over 24hrs in the same spot and the absorption rate for such a small area was only 20%.
Bump for info from knowledgeable peeps. I have no clue personally, but this interests me. 25g of test is a f*ckin lot.

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
After a bunch of searching, I came across this...

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/405823_4

Most notable excerpt is as follows, "
In this study, amounts as small as 15 mg and as much as 120 mg of topically applied testosterone gel were required to reach physiologic levels of testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, and estradiol, which implies an absorption efficiency of anywhere from 50% to as low as 6%. This finding is consistent with other researchers using gels,
[SUP][28,33][/SUP]
where great interpatient and intrapatient variability has been observed. Patches, such as the Alza Testoderm TTS, which, in fact, actually contains 328 mg of testosterone, also suffer from low absorption efficiency.
[SUP][24][/SUP]
The scrotal patch contains only 10 mg of testosterone.
[SUP][24][/SUP]
Androderm 5 mg patches contain 24.3 mg of testosterone.
[SUP][24][/SUP]
Thus, there exists little qualitative difference in the efficiency between gels and patches. Alza researchers originally developed their first patch, Testoderm, to be applied to the shaved scrotum. They found that, compared with other skin sites, the scrotal skin is about five times more efficient at absorbing percutaneously applied steroids.
[SUP][17,24][/SUP]"

According to the article, natural production is about 7-10mg/day, and the products tested seemed to try to introduce 5mg into circulation. So this seems like a lost cause unless you want to cake gel around your scrotum and wrap it in saran wrap to prevent it from drying out in an attempt to get 50% absorption, or use it as some sort of gel suppository...

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Damn... test gel directly to the scrotum sounds like a hell of a pain, and quite the mess.

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
oops, yeah, I meant 5mg, my bad.. lol

Hmmmm interesting, maybe I'll just puncture it after taking it off and rub the remainder somewhere. Seems like it would be a real mess though, but if it acts like test-suspension would, then why not. :) I'm gouing to have a LOT of patches left over, I'm only using them the day before4 my next pin, so 2x per week. No real need to usa a 5mg/day patch when pinning.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
why not IM? my doc just put me on it-self administration too :)

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
haven't asked about IM yet, just got a 6month script for this patch, so I figure I'll just do what I can with it for now.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm starting mine tonight.. 2mg patch.. I'm 24 with level of 288...

Can my gf not touch this? If this thing is attached to my body, what about sleeping together and stuff... I really don't want her exposed to it at all.. How about during sex..