ORALS: 5 days on, 2 off

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
I recently started an Anavar only cycle at 30mg ED.. Going to run it 4-6 weeks and maybe ramp dose to 50mg at the end. The guy who I got it from recommended 5 days on, 2 days off...taking the weekend off in attempts to prevent HPTA shut down.

I found that Anavar has a half life of 9 hours and I have read a thread where a guy recommended taking the daily dose at one time as opposed to split throughout the day, again, to help limit shutdown.

What are your thoughts on taking the weekends off during an oral cycle?

Thanks in advance.

scotty2hottie

scotty2hottie

Awards
You are trying to pull off a pulse cycle basically, imho they aren't that effective.

That being said, 5 days on seems to be to many days a week to avoid shutdown. I'd try 3 days on your lacking body parts a day if I was forced to do a pulse. But running it straight would be a better option.

Orals only isn't the best cycle either. But each is own.

Now the theory on taking it all at once is to get a big spike in the blood at the best time when ur body is absorbing/growing and return to normal after that to avoid shut down. So if you were dead set on avoiding shutdown this would help but 5 days a week will shut you most likely even if all taken at once.

Looking into pulse cycles more if u really want to do this. Better options out there though.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Just take it every day. If you are going to do a steroid....THEN DO IT. Don't just half ass it. Pulse cycles are not effective IMO and if you're going to run it 5 on you might as well take it the other two days of the week

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the feedback.

I have read that Anavar at reasonable dosages takes a while to completely shutdown natural production. I have a feeling that a 4 week cycle at just 30mg probably isn't going to be hard to recover from.

As for an oral only cycle, I knew someone would say that its not the best. But, I al not a bodybuilder. I'm am athlete who is looking for a small boost. Something to help me keep my weight about the same while losing some bodyfar and gaining a little but of muscle. So far, I mA happy with the var only.

scotty2hottie

scotty2hottie

Awards
Thanks for the feedback.

I have read that Anavar at reasonable dosages takes a while to completely shutdown natural production. I have a feeling that a 4 week cycle at just 30mg probably isn't going to be hard to recover from.

As for an oral only cycle, I knew someone would say that its not the best. But, I al not a bodybuilder. I'm am athlete who is looking for a small boost. Something to help me keep my weight about the same while losing some bodyfar and gaining a little but of muscle. So far, I mA happy with the var only.
If that's the case, I would looking into DAA, activate, powerful, etc. They all work great for a natural boost and legal and easily obtainable. Hell even peptides.

Oral only gains are just hard to keep. So you may blast a plateau but after pct only to be right back at it or little over it. Jmho lower dose of test for longer would be easier to keep gains from if u wanted Aas route.

But best of luck to you.

PVL

Banned
Awards
30mg is too much to avoid shutdown..........think about doing 10-15mg......but even then u will be slightly shutdown......this is from experience.

if you are trying to avoid shutdown and make slow steady gains, just get a decent test booster and natural estro blocker......sorta pointless doing a low dose of anavar.

IMO, if you are trying to do the test increase, look into TRT with script. you may qualify and wont need to risk your freedom just to get a lil bigger man.

best thing I found to boost ur natural levels if you are young, would be ATD.......but thats just me.......or something similar

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I pulse all PH's. It works but you have to do it correctly. There is a great thread on pulsing by DR. D. It's a great read and tells you how to pulse effectively while reducing side effects.

PVL

Banned
Awards
I pulse all PH's. It works but you have to do it correctly. There is a great thread on pulsing by DR. D. It's a great read and tells you how to pulse effectively while reducing side effects.
says the guy who is 5'8 185............just pointing out the obvious man.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
That's my current weight. I have been up to 207 at about 10% B.F. I haven't used PH's is quite a while. Been trying the natty route instead.

PVL

Banned
Awards
That's my current weight. I have been up to 207 at about 10% B.F. I haven't used PH's is quite a while. Been trying the natty route instead.
same here...........no reason to lose weight when you are not "on". PM me, we can chat............I havent been "on" for about 5-6 years.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SatishOG Anabolics 0
Anabolics 89
AntM1564 Anabolics 4
50Magnum Anabolics 5
YoungThor Anabolics 46