Old school gym

jizmo

Awards
When Jizmo first started lifting weights it was at a shipyard gym in Norfolk VA. There was always a half inch of water on the floors. The plates and bars were rusted and they actually had one of those machines with straps that vibrated your fat Jizmo remembers seeing 65 year old pipefitters popping Dbol and benching 350lbs while wearing a wife beater T shirt and smoking a cigar. I know,,, you're asking "Did they have a spinning class" Jizmo does not know the answer. Jizmo hopes there are those out there who have fond memories like this. They help Jizmo remember what it is all about for him. Jizmo says Peace Out

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
My home gym... This was taken two years ago. I have more equipment now.

800.JPG
8001.JPG

DYEGYE

DYEGYE

Awards
  • Established
I really want to find a dungeon gym like that. I would love to work out at Metroflex for just one day.

dunhill225

dunhill225

Awards
Really? Do you really talk like that?

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
Two gyms come to mind for me ...

1. Fingerlakes Fitness in Geneva, NY. I just tried that place about a month ago on a business trip. What a ****hole ... you don't walk through doors ... you walk through GARAGE DOORS into a warehouse big enough to house a B-52. Every semblance of weight machine ever invented in the last thirty years in there - and with a half inch of dust covering it. Concrete floor - gotta walk two football fields to find a bathroom for a piss. Dressing room has no door ... and only a wooden bench with a 3 ft mirror leaning against (not mounted to) the wall.

2. Animal House Gym in Milwaukee, WI. I only went there a few times - over 10 years ago (it's still there though). Back then - this was a hardcore gym. Women? Yeah there were some, and many of them looked just like us guys. Many of 'em lifted just as much, or more weight - LOL.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
USA Gym in chicago. Most bad ass place I've ever trained. HUGE dudes and it's owned by a IFBB pro. Come to think of it there's a few chicks there bigger them me lol

jizmo

Awards
Nice set up Hammer. Wish I had more room. Have to deal with a top of the line Hoist Free weight and cable setup, treadmill and stationary bike and a Nautilus Dumbell system.Its all in my sunroom. Have heavy bag speed bag in garage