Insulin

Badco1989

Awards
Let me start by saying I know insulin carries some risks and you need to know what you're doing before taking the plung. I've done my research to the point where for the past week it seems like I'm coming across the same info over and over again. Now I'd like to put preperation into practice. To those of you who have experience with insulin, I'd appretiate any feedback.

Im 40, 5'10", 215lbs, 13-14%BF and I use 200mg week of test for TRT. About ten years gym experience.

My diet will look like this:
6am: Whey and Banana
7:30: 7 eggs (3whole), 10 oz steel cut oats with cranberries, fish oil sups.
10 am: 5 oz chicken breast w/ 9 oz brown rice. fish oil sups.
12:30: 9oz whole wheat pasta w/sauce, 4 oz extra lean ground beef or ground turkey
3:30pm: 4 oz tuna, 6 oz buckwheat granola (made with egg whites and cranberries), apple
5-6pm: Workout which will be followed by insulin shot
6:15pm: PWO Shake 40 grams whey, 100 grams carbs (twin lab ultra fuel(this is double my normal PWO carbs for the purposes of adding insluin))
7:15pm: 20 grams Whey, 20 grams dextrose, 4 oz chicken breast, 4 oz white rice or white potatos, one slice ezekiel bread.
9:15pm: Casein protein and slice of ezekiel bread.

I will be using Humalog insulin because its the fastest and should be out of my system by 9pm so I can safely go to bed by 9:30-10. I will start with 2 IU's PWO and add 1 IU each workout until up to 10 IU's. I will only inject four days a week PWO for a four week cycle, then off for about six weeks. I will have glucose tabs on from the time of injection until bed about four hours later. I will avoid fats from my 3:30 meal on until morning.

Any thoughts? Have I covered all my bases?

CCV3

CCV3

Awards
  • Established
There is an IGF/HGH board here.
You might get better feedback over there...

My friend stuffs his face with pop tarts, lifts, drinks milk, then crashes out. That's all I see, and he's solid at 230. Take it for what its worth...I've never tried it though.

GLHF

GLHF

Awards
  • Established
There is an IGF/HGH board here.
You might get better feedback over there...

My friend stuffs his face with pop tarts, lifts, drinks milk, then crashes out. That's all I see, and he's solid at 230. Take it for what its worth...I've never tried it though.
that looks gross. wat bf is he at? ive seen some kids on insulin get fat fast.

if i did insulin i would eat a very strict diet.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
6:15pm: PWO Shake 40 grams whey, 100 grams carbs (twin lab ultra fuel(this is double my normal PWO carbs for the purposes of adding insluin))
7:15pm: 20 grams Whey, 20 grams dextrose, 4 oz chicken breast, 4 oz white rice or white potatos, one slice ezekiel bread.
9:15pm: Casein protein and slice of ezekiel bread.
this seems like a lot of carbs for 2iu, and honestly it may turn out to a lot for 10iu. Guys use 2-3iu carbless to help get into ketosis....

That plus i'm not sure about the fat in the ezekiel bread. Might also want to consider switching the tuna + that chicken breast, just as some breast has rib meat and some fat content.

GLHF

GLHF

Awards
  • Established
this seems like a lot of carbs for 2iu, and honestly it may turn out to a lot for 10iu. Guys use 2-3iu carbless to help get into ketosis....

That plus i'm not sure about the fat in the ezekiel bread. Might also want to consider switching the tuna + that chicken breast, just as some breast has rib meat and some fat content.
i feel like 2ius is too low dose.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, 2ius to start asssessing tolerance is ok. you don't really start hitting worthwhile activity till 5 or so.

Badco1989

Awards
Thanks for the feedback.

yes the carbs are high for only 2 IU's. I didn't want to lay out a diet for each progressive IU, but ment to show that my diet plan would meet my insulin needs when I reached my 10 IU limit. For this first cycle I have no intent on going beyond 10 IU's and at 10 grams of carbs per IU (which is the higher end of the rule of thumb), this was how I came up with 100 carbs PWO.

Now for my second cycle, I may play with the 10 grams per IU rule depending on how much fat versus muscle I gain on my first cycle or even cut to 9 then 8 and so on during my first cycle after a sucessful doses at 10 IU's.

Ezekiel bread has .5g of fat per slice which seemed like a non issue to me. What I was trying to achieve with my meal one hour after injection was a fast carb (dextrose), a pretty fast carb (rice) and a steady carb (ezekiel bread). Another slice at bed time or maybe some fruit was meant to be sort of a saftey factor while sleeping, though I think it's probably over kill since it will be four hours post injection and the Humalog has a two hour window.

Thanks for the input guys. Keep it coming. No one seems overly alarmed so I take it my research has been sound.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Hypothetically, I saw NOTHING from very calculated Insulin usage. It was purchased directly from the pharmacy, and used with utmost perfection and attention to detail. Nothing.

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
Hypothetically, I saw NOTHING from very calculated Insulin usage. It was purchased directly from the pharmacy, and used with utmost perfection and attention to detail. Nothing.
So...did it really happen, or not?

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
DEA? ;)

C'mon, surely you understand why it was worded it like that. Why would I have posted at all otherwise?
DEA agent: "OMG, guys, I think this random guy online just admitted to having used insulin for off-label use!! Go! Go! Go!...oh wait, he said "hypothetically" at the beginning, so I guess we don't know if its true or not, so we can't go kick down his door and arrest him...damn" ;)

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
DEA agent: "OMG, guys, I think this random guy online just admitted to having used insulin for off-label use!! Go! Go! Go!...oh wait, he said "hypothetically" at the beginning, so I guess we don't know if its true or not, so we can't go kick down his door and arrest him...damn" ;)
Okay... I won't even be sarcastic - THIS... WAS... FUNNY!

Well played sir, truly. I have not laughed all day. Thanks. :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
insulin is ITCH, so what can the DEA say

unc21

unc21

Awards
  • Established
I prefer, and havent gotten much better results with insulin preworkout, not post.