Test Prop Experiences

DKZ

Awards
Hi AM,

Im thinking about my next cycle, which I'm looking to run early next year and I really am considering test prop. The only thing I'm not sure about is that when I was reading the Begineers Guide to AAS they gave test prop 2/10 in regards to ability to retain size post cycle.

Just wanted to know peoples experiences with test prop in regards to gains and gains kept post cycle?

Cheers guys

kvothe

Awards
same as any other form of test, and about same as any other steroid in general (yes some are easier than others primo, var, low dose test is easier than tren, a bombs, etc). The longer you use and the higher the dosage, the harder the gains will be to keep. I like prop, kicks in quick, you dont have to run a long cycle (can if you want), seems to be easier on water retention (I cant tell much difference, but that is what you read many places). run it, 100 mgs eod for your first cycle should be gtg. Just have good pct, nolva/clomid possible hcg if on for longer than 8 weeks. You can add in some of these natty products if you want, but I would suggest stick with nolva/clomid and maybe add creatine or prewkout for energy/motivation, otc test boosters arent going to do a better job than the serms and from my own experience (others will differ) have not added much to the party, whereas creatine will help on strength and if you motivation/energy is lagging a prewkout helps in that area. The main thing is stay constistent with diet and training, dont slack in either. Please, ifyou start dropping a little weight do not up your calories in pct. Your body is not going to work as effeciently without the extra hormones, extra calories will be more likely to be stored as fat. Dont start cutting calories, but you dont need to add. Be consistent, that is the best thing for holding onto gains as long as possible.

Reality is this, if you make gains above your genetic level, eventually when you dont have the hormones to support them the gains will disappear unless you keep an elevated hormone level. From a conservative point of view, take as little as you need, for as short a time as you can to achieve the goals you want. If you want to compete you are going to need to take more and stay on longer than if you just want to look and feel good. Most people would be surprised about how little it actually takes for them to look and feel good. Most take too much, try and put on tons of weight, get bloated and not look much better. Now if you are competing or want to, then you have to make some sacrifices, but if not 100 mgs prop eod is a good cycle for anyone.

Best of luck, be safe, remember there will be other cycles, you dont have to gain it all in this one.

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
Since you'd have to inject Test Prop every other day, why would you consider this over something with a longer ester, like cyp or enanthate? On the bright side, 100mgs of prop will give you most test than 100mg of cyp, but that's just splitting hairs. I use prop when my cycle makes it convenient, like if I'm using Tren A. This way in one injection, EOD, I can load up Test Prop, Tren and maybe something else. If I inject Tren A ED, then I add Test Suspension. If I use Tren E, then I just go for the ester'ed Test. I think you'll get tired of pinning so often. Not sure what your goals are, but make sure Test Prop is really what you want.

DKZ

Awards
i was going to run another thread later to finalize the cycle but i might as well give it a go now because use seem very experienced. Im currently running liquid clen by itself to get my body fat % down to around 10% (hopefully). The reasons i want to steer away from longer ester tests e.g. test e is because i really want to avoid water retention to a degree and bloat. I am also really concerned about hair loss so i will be running dutesteride throughout, along with Nizoral shampoo. This is also a reason for me choosing to test prop rather than others, if i begin to see hair loss i can halt the use of the steroid quickly and due to its short half life it may be better suited to me.

Ive been researching a lot and these are my cycle ideas (Please chop and change where you think necessary)

Boladrol weeks 1-4 (2/2/4/4) [note could use from weeks 6-10]
test prop weeks 1-10 (100mg eod)

or

Boladrol weeks 1-4 (2/2/4/4)
test prop weeks 1-10 (100mg eod)
eq weeks 1-10 (500 mg/week)

PCT: Nolva 40/40/20/20
Formastanzalol

Note: i will be running dutas throughout

Thanks guys let me know what you think, also keep in mind i am concerned about hair loss, do you think im on the right track with such a cycle if it is a priority of mine.

kvothe

Awards
good reasons for using prop, agreed with the test results being seen quicker sides can be easier to handle. Honestly nothing wrong with either cycle, I dont know much about boladrol, but keeping orals to around 4 weeks is good. Some will say eq needs to be run longer, and it can be, but 10 weeks is ok. In fact I just read somewhere else where someone said they really began to feel and see results from eq around week 6.

the only thing I woudl say is if this is first cycle that may be a lot. An older, ex pro on another board is a big advocate of just low dosed test for those not competing. For pct you may want to think about adding clomid, I like the combination of nolva/clomid. For being on ten weeks you may want to research hcg. there are a number of protocals, but essentially you would take it during cycle and pre-pct (you will have I think about two weeks after last shot of eq before you want to start pct, I forget exactly so look up ester clearing time), but not pct. HCG will help to keep your boys ready to go. Not necessary but may help. Definitely spend the money on clomid and hcg before formastane, not that it is bad product, but for getting test production started again and fighting higher estrogen the others are money better spent.

DKZ

Awards
Thanks for the help man...I may consider not running the EQ and just running straight test prop, do you think solid gains can be achieved from this cycle? Ideally I'd like to run nolva, clomid and HCG but I'm finding it hard to get my hands on clomid and HCG as I am from Australia. Do you think dosing the Nolva 40/40/40/40 will eliminate the need for clomid?

kvothe

Awards
no running nolva 40/40/40/40 I dont think will make up for lack of clomid. Surprised you can get nolva and not clomid. I think you can make good gains on 100 mgs eod of test prop alone, you wont blow up huge, but should be happy. Nolva alone will probably be ok, just I personally think optimal with clomid. For low dose test like that and not on for half a year, hcg also not necessary.

is this your first non otc cycle? If so, just do test prop 100 mgs eod for 6-8 weeks. Should get decent gains, easy to recover from, no need to use hcg, nolva alone probably ok for pct but I would recommend adding clomid. Add in creatine, and/or prewkout just for the mental boost. Take at least 6-8 weeks off after pct and decide if you need to add anything to your next cycle based on your gains with the last one. Remember, you dont have to increase dose, or add compounds next time if you happy with results.

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
If you run eq you wanna go 12-14 weeks, takes forever to kick in, test prop with an oral kickstart with put some mass on you fast, eq may be best for a longer one in the future

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
Also since this is your "virgin" cycle, enjoy the potential enormous gains from maybe just the prop

Liftingstud

Awards
  • Established
was thinking about using prop in a cutting cycle... hear lots of reports its painful... how true is this... have used test e and T400 and both were g2g and smooth as butter

DKZ

Awards
yeah this is my first injectable cycle...yeah im expecting nice gains from this bro, ill try to get my hands on some clomid but everything is so expensive and hard to get down under, 90% of guys i know that do HEAVY cycles wouldnt even know what a PCT is. Im talking 20 week courses of heavily dosed test e, deca and stana using the old school pyramiding technique lol

kvothe

Awards
was thinking about using prop in a cutting cycle... hear lots of reports its painful... how true is this... have used test e and T400 and both were g2g and smooth as butter
some will depend on quality of gear, if made with good ba/bb ratio soreness will not be too bad. I am using prop now and it feels like a bruise. I did glute shot Tues and was able to train legs Wed, did other glute yesterday and trained legs today, so it didnt cause that much problems. I have soreness for a couple days after, but not a big deal. If you are running another injectable, can shoot it with prop in same pin to help dilute and will help out as well.

Bottom line it will cause some soreness but if you trust the lab it shouldnt be anything to avoid. Prop is my favorite form of test.

OP, first pinning cycle, my advice would be to drop the oral, skip the eq do the 100 mgs prop eod 6-8 weeks (get 20-30 ml's) and see how you like it. Saves you money, and the less drugs, the easier on the body. Why do more than you have to to get the gains you want? If you are not happy, you can always add stuff next time, or even add in an oral the last couple weeks if you are not getting the gains you want after a couple weeks of the test prop solo. I personally do not like putting more stress on my body or wallet than is necessary. You dont have to make all your gains in one cycle.

Good luck, be safe and stay patient.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
some will depend on quality of gear, if made with good ba/bb ratio soreness will not be too bad. I am using prop now and it feels like a bruise. I did glute shot Tues and was able to train legs Wed, did other glute yesterday and trained legs today, so it didnt cause that much problems. I have soreness for a couple days after, but not a big deal. If you are running another injectable, can shoot it with prop in same pin to help dilute and will help out as well.

Bottom line it will cause some soreness but if you trust the lab it shouldnt be anything to avoid. Prop is my favorite form of test.

OP, first pinning cycle, my advice would be to drop the oral, skip the eq do the 100 mgs prop eod 6-8 weeks (get 20-30 ml's) and see how you like it. Saves you money, and the less drugs, the easier on the body. Why do more than you have to to get the gains you want? If you are not happy, you can always add stuff next time, or even add in an oral the last couple weeks if you are not getting the gains you want after a couple weeks of the test prop solo. I personally do not like putting more stress on my body or wallet than is necessary. You dont have to make all your gains in one cycle.

Good luck, be safe and stay patient.
Totally true on all counts. Test prop done at 75mg/ml in regular oils is pretty painless (but nobody sells it like that). once you go above that unless you use ethyl oleate or use a fairly high level of benzyl benzoate what ends up happening is that they use high levels of benzyl alcohol to get the test in solution. And thats what causes the pain.

And the same on adding anything to the cycle, its not very likely going to be your last cycle ever so just run it clean, see how it turns out, worry about adding other things next time

DKZ

Awards
Yeah that sounds better actualy. I'll just run the prop than if I feel the need to run the boladol i can. I might even log the cycle when it comes around, don't wanna rush my recovery though. Thanks for the input boys

rhodesman

rhodesman

Awards
  • Established
6-8weeks 100mg/prop eod.
PCT- Nolva OR Clomid not both at the same time. Clomid is better for restarting natural test. Nolva(according to studies) does almost as well for restarting Natural test while resolving gyno issues much better than clomid.

Personally, I like to use an AI alongside of a SERM during PCT. My levels return to baseline nicely with this simple PCT.
wk1-5 Aromasin(or Adex if you prefer) 12.5mg/ed. Adex would be dosed differently.
wk1-4 Clomid 50mg/ed

UNbuff

Awards
same as any other form of test, and about same as any other steroid in general (yes some are easier than others primo, var, low dose test is easier than tren, a bombs, etc). The longer you use and the higher the dosage, the harder the gains will be to keep. I like prop, kicks in quick, you dont have to run a long cycle (can if you want), seems to be easier on water retention (I cant tell much difference, but that is what you read many places). run it, 100 mgs eod for your first cycle should be gtg. Just have good pct, nolva/clomid possible hcg if on for longer than 8 weeks. You can add in some of these natty products if you want, but I would suggest stick with nolva/clomid and maybe add creatine or prewkout for energy/motivation, otc test boosters arent going to do a better job than the serms and from my own experience (others will differ) have not added much to the party, whereas creatine will help on strength and if you motivation/energy is lagging a prewkout helps in that area. The main thing is stay constistent with diet and training, dont slack in either. Please, ifyou start dropping a little weight do not up your calories in pct. Your body is not going to work as effeciently without the extra hormones, extra calories will be more likely to be stored as fat. Dont start cutting calories, but you dont need to add. Be consistent, that is the best thing for holding onto gains as long as possible.

Reality is this, if you make gains above your genetic level, eventually when you dont have the hormones to support them the gains will disappear unless you keep an elevated hormone level. From a conservative point of view, take as little as you need, for as short a time as you can to achieve the goals you want. If you want to compete you are going to need to take more and stay on longer than if you just want to look and feel good. Most people would be surprised about how little it actually takes for them to look and feel good. Most take too much, try and put on tons of weight, get bloated and not look much better. Now if you are competing or want to, then you have to make some sacrifices, but if not 100 mgs prop eod is a good cycle for anyone.

Best of luck, be safe, remember there will be other cycles, you dont have to gain it all in this one.

I really appreciated this post. Its what I try to tell other guys on the celltech, but they don't listen and always tell me to do the 10week 500mg teste Trip.

Testp @ 100mg EOD, how would I get the equivalent for Test e?

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
I really appreciated this post. Its what I try to tell other guys on the celltech, but they don't listen and always tell me to do the 10week 500mg teste Trip.

Testp @ 100mg EOD, how would I get the equivalent for Test e?
If Test Suspension is 100% test per 100mg and Test E/C is about 80% of 100mg, then Test Prop is a little less than Suspension, but more than Test E/C. So you're doing what, 300mgs of Prop per wk? (M-W-F) If you do the math, then 400mg of Test E per wk (200mg 2xwk) would give you at least the same if not a bit more. If you are not sensitive to the sides, then you can easily do 500mg per week, although you won't notice any difference between 400mg and 500mgs unless you're extremely sensitive. It's all about the esters.

TaterNutz00

Awards
yes, it does get sore. Prop is my favorite, by far!

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
If Test Suspension is 100% test per 100mg and Test E/C is about 80% of 100mg, then Test Prop is a little less than Suspension, but more than Test E/C. So you're doing what, 300mgs of Prop per wk? (M-W-F) If you do the math, then 400mg of Test E per wk (200mg 2xwk) would give you at least the same if not a bit more. If you are not sensitive to the sides, then you can easily do 500mg per week, although you won't notice any difference between 400mg and 500mgs unless you're extremely sensitive. It's all about the esters.
Test E is 69.9% testosterone
Test Cyp is 68.6% testosterone
Test Prop is 79.6% test

Just take the base molecular weight (testosterone) and divide it by the molecular weight of the esterfied compound.