Test e from powder

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
A few questions on reconstituting injectable test e from powder (of course all hypothetical):

1. What type of oil is best?

2. Directions indicate heating oil to 250 degrees. Does this not cause the test to fall apart? Most molecules are thermally unstable at high temperatures, esp. above the boiling pt. of water (not because there is water present, obviously this is a hydrophobic molecule but -OH groups on the molecule tend to form radicals at high temps. This could be an abnormal case, i don't know).

3. Directions indicate a filtration. Why is this necessary? If its all test e and i filter some of it out doesn't that affect the concentration?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Generally sesame, grapeseed or cottonseed oil is used, some people like to use ethyl oleate instead. If you are using enough benzyl benzoate + benzyl alcohol (15+% and 2-4% respectively) then you generally don't need to heat it to get it all in solution, or don't need to heat it very high.

And the filtering is done once its in solution, the idea is by using a .4 micron filter you remove any bacteria or other contaminants from the solution more for sterility purposes than anything else.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Correct, the filter pore size is large enough to allow the Test E molecules through, but not large enough to allow bacteria and other impurities through.

I would simply heat the oil in a microwave safe dish (under a minute heating time), add the TE, then filter into your final vessel.

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
1) type of oil is dependant on doseage you wish to create per ml. EO is great for high concentrations and grapeseed is just fine for your average 250mg/ml.

2) it is a sterilization proceedure since most bacteria cannot survive at such a high temp and if you where to drop the temp to kill the same bacteria you would cause your gear to crash.

3) everyone has already answered this so im not gonig to. However i do run some sterile oil through the fitlter to make sure all the test has been flushed from the filter.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Correct, the filter pore size is large enough to allow the Test E molecules through, but not large enough to allow bacteria and other impurities through.

I would simply heat the oil in a microwave safe dish (under a minute heating time), add the TE, then filter into your final vessel.
so you think no benzyl benzoate or benzyl alcohol?

Also, couldn't you heat the oil first to the point where it would kill the bacteria, then add the test e to prevent thermal degradation? Lastly, if you have sterilized the oil than the filtration would just be to filter out the dead bacteria, most of which would have lysed.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so you think no benzyl benzoate or benzyl alcohol?
I put the BA and BB into the final vessel. The amount of BB depends on the concentration I would be making, and is put into the final vessel to prevent crashing as it cools off.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I put the BA and BB into the final vessel. The amount of BB depends on the concentration I would be making, and is put into the final vessel to prevent crashing as it cools off.
interesting, as with using EO, I put the powder into the ba/bb and it usually goes 100% into solution without heat, and then I add the EO to that, filter into vials, then heat after that to 180 for an hour to sterilize

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
thanks all - i think i get it

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
interesting, as with using EO, I put the powder into the ba/bb and it usually goes 100% into solution without heat, and then I add the EO to that, filter into vials, then heat after that to 180 for an hour to sterilize
I might have to try the EO approach, if I ever do this again.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
wow you guys are bad ass pumping engine oil into your body. lol, EO=vitamin E oil? essential oil? :dunno:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
grapeseed. If you are using enough benzyl benzoate + benzyl alcohol (15+% and 2-4% respectively) then you generally don't need to heat it to get it all in solution, or don't need to heat it very high.
^ This! Beat me too it. Now that I'm thinking of it, I still have a few 10ml plungers and whatmans at home, SCORE! :) It is almost time.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
^ This! Beat me too it. Now that I'm thinking of it, I still have a few 10ml plungers and whatmans at home, SCORE! :) It is almost time.
Time for the new years eve cycle? :dance:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
If you go with EO then don't make a huge amount because it may cause a worse injection site pain in some people. Have fun and enjoy !

rhodesman

rhodesman

Awards
  • Established
I agree with Easyjl and Dsade. I only differ in one area. I would run oil(with gear already in solution) through a .45 then through a .22filter. Many bacteria and viruses and mycoplasma can still slip through a .45filter. If you are confident that your oven is exactly 250F and you allow it to stay at that temp for at least 15min you should be sterile. I work in a lab and let me assure you, a .45 filter will not remove all contaminants.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Time for the new years eve cycle? :dance:
Precisely. This will be the most comprehensive and regimented of my life. To date, I have only ever done Test/Tren cycles, with either Superdrol or M1T as my oral adjunct.

Adding in EQ this go-round, and initiating it all with Test Prop then adding in Enanthate as the esters become physiologically active.

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
I could clear up a lot of issues here, but I'm kinda scared about this site's rules on brewing discussions...

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
If you go with EO then don't make a huge amount because it may cause a worse injection site pain in some people. Have fun and enjoy !
I agree with this. I use EO to thin the oil, it makes up 50% of my final volume.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I could clear up a lot of issues here, but I'm kinda scared about this site's rules on brewing discussions...
That, plus, we're not allowed to direct them to the other sites on the web that go into OBSESSIVE detail on these precise subjects. So, it's kind of a castration effect, being left unable to direct a user to a helpful source so that as they choose these choices we can help them from hurting themselves.

zorrin

Awards
I've never homebrewed injectibles, but I'm minded to give it a try. I'm a chemistry graduate, so it doesn't seem too daunting.

Ethyl Oleate would seem a good choice for dissolving esters, as it is itself an ester (like dissolves like, we always say). Does EO itself cause injection site discomfort, or is it due to very high concentrations of solute crashing out when it mixes with our water-based bodies?

I have seen companies selling test enanthate at 500mg/ml, and I wonder what they use as their solvent. Anyone know? Do they hurt like a bitch to inject?

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
I've never homebrewed injectibles, but I'm minded to give it a try. I'm a chemistry graduate, so it doesn't seem too daunting.

Ethyl Oleate would seem a good choice for dissolving esters, as it is itself an ester (like dissolves like, we always say). Does EO itself cause injection site discomfort, or is it due to very high concentrations of solute crashing out when it mixes with our water-based bodies?

I have seen companies selling test enanthate at 500mg/ml, and I wonder what they use as their solvent. Anyone know? Do they hurt like a bitch to inject?
I know one lab who makes a 500/mg/ml concentration that is painless, with no ethyl oleate and uses safflower oil, bb, and ba... Smooth.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
By the way CC i love this thread :)

Smiley

Smiley

Awards
  • Established
I wouldnt use more than 2% BA. Make your original mixture leaving out a few ml's of oil. At the end of filtering run this through your filter to clear the excess gear. The .45um filter to my knowledge can let bacteria through. The .2 works fine.

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
I wouldnt use more than 2% BA. Make your original mixture leaving out a few ml's of oil. At the end of filtering run this through your filter to clear the excess gear. The .45um filter to my knowledge can let bacteria through. The .2 works fine.
I just air purge. You don't lose much this way.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I know one lab who makes a 500/mg/ml concentration that is painless, with no ethyl oleate and uses safflower oil, bb, and ba... Smooth.
EO has never been needed in my escapades, and I've never really read about its inclusion on all the conversion forums and kitchen chemistry articles throughout the 'net where I originally gained my knowledge.

I have always used grapeseed oil, and obviously BA/BB. If you have the raw powder, it's mind numbingly easy.