Taper down Test E Cycle?

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
I am currently in the middle of a 12 week 1g/week Test E cycle. I was wondering if I was to extend the cycle to 16 weeks and weeks 13-14 go down to 750mg/week and then weeks 15-16 go down to 500mg/week then pct weeks 18-22; if it would help make my pct any easier? Anyone have any thoughts or experience?

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
how many times do you want to make yourself feel worse/different? no dont taper, hormonal fluctuations in either direction are just more stress on the body

wiffleballcha

Awards
tapering is an outdated protocol, keep it steady.

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
Long esters are self tapering. I would only taper down for a few days if using suspension or maybe prop.
Better to come off completely so that you're suppressed for less time overall, since your HPTA won't begin to recover so long as your androgen levels are elevated.

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
Long esters are self tapering. I would only taper down for a few days if using suspension or maybe prop.
Better to come off completely to that you're suppressed for less time overall, since your HPTA won't begin to recover so long as your androgen levels are elevated.
Good post. You could taper for a short time, but 4 weeks is entirely unnecessary. Maybe 1 week, drop the first shot to 750 and the second to 500 or something. But then again, what is the rationale for tapering here in the first place?

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
Good post. You could taper for a short time, but 4 weeks is entirely unnecessary. Maybe 1 week, drop the first shot to 750 and the second to 500 or something. But then again, what is the rationale for tapering here in the first place?
The same rationale used when docs taper the dose of corticosteroids when they want to take someone off. The mistaken belief by "bros" is that any dose of androgen will completely shut you down as if the HPA was an on/off switch when in fact it is a dimmer. If you go off of corticosteroids cold turkey you get rebound hypocortisolemia which can be very serious because you remve the exogenous surce of hormone and the body's natural supply is severely depressed reuslting in very low cortisol levels in the blood. Tapering allows endogenous production to increase as the exogenous dose is decreased. The same is true for androgens. If you stop cold turkey then you remove the exogenous source while endogenous prouction is at its lowest resulting in a state of very low androgen -- and then everyone wonders where post-cycle gyno comes from. Yes, long esters are self-tapering to a degree but it is not that simple. No you do not need to taper over four weeks but allowing for only the self-taper of an enanthate ester is not enough - especially with higher doses. The rate of recovery (the slope) is slower than that of the self-taper.

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
The same rationale used when docs taper the dose of corticosteroids when they want to take someone off. The mistaken belief by "bros" is that any dose of androgen will completely shut you down as if the HPA was an on/off switch when in fact it is a dimmer. If you go off of corticosteroids cold turkey you get rebound hypocortisolemia which can be very serious because you remve the exogenous surce of hormone and the body's natural supply is severely depressed reuslting in very low cortisol levels in the blood. Tapering allows endogenous production to increase as the exogenous dose is decreased. The same is true for androgens. If you stop cold turkey then you remove the exogenous source while endogenous prouction is at its lowest resulting in a state of very low androgen -- and then everyone wonders where post-cycle gyno comes from. Yes, long esters are self-tapering to a degree but it is not that simple. No you do not need to taper over four weeks but allowing for only the self-taper of an enanthate ester is not enough - especially with higher doses. The rate of recovery (the slope) is slower than that of the self-taper.
Fair point, but I think it really is that simple. As time passes you have less and less active in your system - same thing as tapering, just a shorter time frame. The fact that the rate of recovery is slower then the rate of clearance seems to me to be more or less irrelevant if using a solidly-dosed SERM for PCT. I suggested 1 week because of the high dose, and your rebuttal suggests 4 weeks isn't necessary - so what is the optimal time frame? I hardly think much recovery will be occurring if one tapers from a gram to, say 250 mg over a mere 2 weeks.

Now - I more or less agree with your post if one is using - what's a good phrase here - a "full taper", i.e. tapering off completely. That method was invented to possibly avoid the use of SERMs coming off-cycle, and to allow the HPTA to come back on-line on its own, as you describe. It is, as you know, a long process. My suggestion of a week or so to taper, dropping from a gram to 500 mg, then the normal 2-week wait as the ester clears, is more to allow the OP to stay anabolic and help ease the transition from such a high dose, but it probably isn't absolutely necessary if he is doing a traditional SERM PCT. I will admit it will probably ease the transition, though.

My point is, I believe tapering to be an either/or proposition. Either taper out over the 8-12 weeks and minimize/eliminate the need for a SERM, or don't. I don't see much need for halfway measures when using longer esters, except perhaps a week or so in the case of higher doses, like this. However, this has less to do with HPTA recovery than staying anabolic and helping ease the transition.

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
i have tapered down from a high dose of test a week and usually always taper down. not for any reason of bodybuilding however with erradic hormone variations i find my temperment to be pretty unpredictable. I find tapering down makes me less agrivated and much more level headed then extreme hormone transitions. Now the only down side is that doing the math to figure out exactly when to start pct is kinda tricky. but then again i never go off so i have it pretty easy for me. However the only way u will find out which works better for you is to try both. I dont think in the time frame you listed that one will be much more superior in HPTA recovery but i do think a taper will make coming off a bit easier for you both mentally and physically. Now if you arent completely coming off thats a completely different story.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am currently in the middle of a 12 week 1g/week Test E cycle. I was wondering if I was to extend the cycle to 16 weeks and weeks 13-14 go down to 750mg/week and then weeks 15-16 go down to 500mg/week then pct weeks 18-22; if it would help make my pct any easier? Anyone have any thoughts or experience?
When using over a gram I taper but much faster,ie one week 750 then one week 500 then stop. For me it's helps with mood and libido, the sudden drop in hormone kills my libido.

rhodesman

rhodesman

Awards
  • Established
I like to taper off of Test E with Prop. Makes the transition much smoother.

LiveNDie

Awards
You should try dividing your test into 2 dosages and inject twice a week. Like Mon. and Thurs..

RAHHH

Awards
  • Established
Better to come off completely so that you're suppressed for less time overall, since your HPTA won't begin to recover so long as your androgen levels are elevated.
exacly.
just stop it when tiem comes and start pct when its tiem for it. dont taper off teste.