Taper down Test E Cycle?

  1. Advanced Member
    Wudog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Age
    32
    Posts
    593
    Rep Power
    367
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    19.62%

    Taper down Test E Cycle?


    I am currently in the middle of a 12 week 1g/week Test E cycle. I was wondering if I was to extend the cycle to 16 weeks and weeks 13-14 go down to 750mg/week and then weeks 15-16 go down to 500mg/week then pct weeks 18-22; if it would help make my pct any easier? Anyone have any thoughts or experience?

  2. Senior Member
    ambulldog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,965
    Rep Power
    8435
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    16.87%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    how many times do you want to make yourself feel worse/different? no dont taper, hormonal fluctuations in either direction are just more stress on the body
  3. New Member
    wiffleballcha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    53
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    54.83%

    tapering is an outdated protocol, keep it steady.
    •   
       

  4. Advanced Member
    sethroberts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    41
    Posts
    863
    Rep Power
    607
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    69.86%

    Quote Originally Posted by wiffleballcha View Post
    tapering is an outdated protocol, keep it steady.
    Yes, much better to have your body drop off a cliff.
  5. New Member
    Gator 87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    70.62%

    Long esters are self tapering. I would only taper down for a few days if using suspension or maybe prop.
    Better to come off completely so that you're suppressed for less time overall, since your HPTA won't begin to recover so long as your androgen levels are elevated.
  6. Advanced Member
    Dragon13's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  288 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    710
    Rep Power
    498
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    20.84%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator 87 View Post
    Long esters are self tapering. I would only taper down for a few days if using suspension or maybe prop.
    Better to come off completely to that you're suppressed for less time overall, since your HPTA won't begin to recover so long as your androgen levels are elevated.
    Good post. You could taper for a short time, but 4 weeks is entirely unnecessary. Maybe 1 week, drop the first shot to 750 and the second to 500 or something. But then again, what is the rationale for tapering here in the first place?
  7. Advanced Member
    sethroberts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    41
    Posts
    863
    Rep Power
    607
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    69.86%

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon13 View Post
    Good post. You could taper for a short time, but 4 weeks is entirely unnecessary. Maybe 1 week, drop the first shot to 750 and the second to 500 or something. But then again, what is the rationale for tapering here in the first place?
    The same rationale used when docs taper the dose of corticosteroids when they want to take someone off. The mistaken belief by "bros" is that any dose of androgen will completely shut you down as if the HPA was an on/off switch when in fact it is a dimmer. If you go off of corticosteroids cold turkey you get rebound hypocortisolemia which can be very serious because you remve the exogenous surce of hormone and the body's natural supply is severely depressed reuslting in very low cortisol levels in the blood. Tapering allows endogenous production to increase as the exogenous dose is decreased. The same is true for androgens. If you stop cold turkey then you remove the exogenous source while endogenous prouction is at its lowest resulting in a state of very low androgen -- and then everyone wonders where post-cycle gyno comes from. Yes, long esters are self-tapering to a degree but it is not that simple. No you do not need to taper over four weeks but allowing for only the self-taper of an enanthate ester is not enough - especially with higher doses. The rate of recovery (the slope) is slower than that of the self-taper.
  8. Advanced Member
    Dragon13's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  288 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    710
    Rep Power
    498
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    20.84%

    Quote Originally Posted by sethroberts View Post
    The same rationale used when docs taper the dose of corticosteroids when they want to take someone off. The mistaken belief by "bros" is that any dose of androgen will completely shut you down as if the HPA was an on/off switch when in fact it is a dimmer. If you go off of corticosteroids cold turkey you get rebound hypocortisolemia which can be very serious because you remve the exogenous surce of hormone and the body's natural supply is severely depressed reuslting in very low cortisol levels in the blood. Tapering allows endogenous production to increase as the exogenous dose is decreased. The same is true for androgens. If you stop cold turkey then you remove the exogenous source while endogenous prouction is at its lowest resulting in a state of very low androgen -- and then everyone wonders where post-cycle gyno comes from. Yes, long esters are self-tapering to a degree but it is not that simple. No you do not need to taper over four weeks but allowing for only the self-taper of an enanthate ester is not enough - especially with higher doses. The rate of recovery (the slope) is slower than that of the self-taper.
    Fair point, but I think it really is that simple. As time passes you have less and less active in your system - same thing as tapering, just a shorter time frame. The fact that the rate of recovery is slower then the rate of clearance seems to me to be more or less irrelevant if using a solidly-dosed SERM for PCT. I suggested 1 week because of the high dose, and your rebuttal suggests 4 weeks isn't necessary - so what is the optimal time frame? I hardly think much recovery will be occurring if one tapers from a gram to, say 250 mg over a mere 2 weeks.

    Now - I more or less agree with your post if one is using - what's a good phrase here - a "full taper", i.e. tapering off completely. That method was invented to possibly avoid the use of SERMs coming off-cycle, and to allow the HPTA to come back on-line on its own, as you describe. It is, as you know, a long process. My suggestion of a week or so to taper, dropping from a gram to 500 mg, then the normal 2-week wait as the ester clears, is more to allow the OP to stay anabolic and help ease the transition from such a high dose, but it probably isn't absolutely necessary if he is doing a traditional SERM PCT. I will admit it will probably ease the transition, though.

    My point is, I believe tapering to be an either/or proposition. Either taper out over the 8-12 weeks and minimize/eliminate the need for a SERM, or don't. I don't see much need for halfway measures when using longer esters, except perhaps a week or so in the case of higher doses, like this. However, this has less to do with HPTA recovery than staying anabolic and helping ease the transition.
  9. Advanced Member
    slacker86's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    838
    Rep Power
    491
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    67.07%

    i have tapered down from a high dose of test a week and usually always taper down. not for any reason of bodybuilding however with erradic hormone variations i find my temperment to be pretty unpredictable. I find tapering down makes me less agrivated and much more level headed then extreme hormone transitions. Now the only down side is that doing the math to figure out exactly when to start pct is kinda tricky. but then again i never go off so i have it pretty easy for me. However the only way u will find out which works better for you is to try both. I dont think in the time frame you listed that one will be much more superior in HPTA recovery but i do think a taper will make coming off a bit easier for you both mentally and physically. Now if you arent completely coming off thats a completely different story.
  10. New Member
    bad rad's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    382
    Rep Power
    1915
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    69.24%

    Quote Originally Posted by Wudog View Post
    I am currently in the middle of a 12 week 1g/week Test E cycle. I was wondering if I was to extend the cycle to 16 weeks and weeks 13-14 go down to 750mg/week and then weeks 15-16 go down to 500mg/week then pct weeks 18-22; if it would help make my pct any easier? Anyone have any thoughts or experience?
    When using over a gram I taper but much faster,ie one week 750 then one week 500 then stop. For me it's helps with mood and libido, the sudden drop in hormone kills my libido.
  11. New Member
    rhodesman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    300
    Rep Power
    237
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    31.96%

    I like to taper off of Test E with Prop. Makes the transition much smoother.
  12. New Member
    LiveNDie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    125
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    59.65%

    You should try dividing your test into 2 dosages and inject twice a week. Like Mon. and Thurs..
  13. Advanced Member
    RAHHH's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    573
    Rep Power
    349
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    27.56%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator 87 View Post
    Long esters are self tapering. I would only taper down for a few days if using suspension or maybe prop.
    Better to come off completely so that you're suppressed for less time overall, since your HPTA won't begin to recover so long as your androgen levels are elevated.
    exacly.
    just stop it when tiem comes and start pct when its tiem for it. dont taper off teste.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. The Test taper protocal!
    By gamer2be08 in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 11:30 PM
  2. Test E cycle - Taper Cycle?
    By dank311 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-19-2008, 10:42 AM
  3. Any reason to taper down Test Cyp?
    By Random987 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-04-2008, 02:20 PM
  4. How to taper off t3 after DNP cycle?
    By hardlyworkin in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-23-2006, 07:35 PM
  5. 1-Test Cyp as taper
    By Coolkat in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-24-2005, 11:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in