question on test vial for experienced bb'ers

phonefool

Awards
ran a couple oral cycles and ready for first test e run..did all my homework and am ready to go but my question has more to do with sterility concern and this is why...

my source is good people..and i know for fact its a quality product..when i went to get my vials from him i was a lil nervous about doing everything right and he could tell so he wanted to show me the process...he pops off the cap from a vial, opens a brand new needle...shows me how to draw and take out the bubbles, aspirate, etc, and then squirts the cc back into the vial...

after goin home and replaying this in my head i realized #1 his hands were not freshly washed/sanitized...# 2 he did not wipe down the rubber top of the vial before sticking the needle thru...i let him know i was bothered and he assured me that his hands were clean but even still he did not make contact with the rubber top or the pin..and the pin went straight out of the package and into the rubber...and then he says he never swabs the rubber and this one was brand new so im fine...guy is a vet and ran several cycles but is it crazy not to swab the rubber? he says just keep it in the box it stays clean and the important part is to clean your inj. site....

so the pin never touched nothin but my paranoid OCD has me thinkin if there was any germ on the rubber top..would stickin the needle thru it without wiping it down first push any potential germs into the vial of test and therefore make my vial no longer sterile? 2 sticks..once to pull out the cc, once to put the cc back in....

sorry for the lengthy details but i do appreciate any advice or help...

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, he should have swabbed the top of the vial, but since it was freshly exposed I'm sure you'll be fine. The BA in there will take care of most minor contamination issues. Even swabbing something with alcohol only serves to sanitize it, not sterilize.

phonefool

Awards
was thinking the same thing about the BA - makes me tend to believe the purpose of swabbing the rubber top is to make sure the pin does not get any potential germ on it before you inject into yourself (not so much to make sure the vile does not get contaminated)..so the BA as you said should take care of most minor contamination...any major contamination i believe would be moreso due to manufacturing of the product rather than what you might put into it with a pin....

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
You should use 2 separate pins. A larger one for drawing, and a smaller one for pinning.

phonefool

Awards
You should use 2 separate pins. A larger one for drawing, and a smaller one for pinning.
your right and actually i am equipped and planning to do so...i guess i am just trying to convince myself of the situation and justify that my vial is ok...so if you are switching pins from drawing to injection..whats the point of swabbing the rubber top if the ba should handle any minor contamination? or is it truely possible to to contaminate the vial as i was initially concerned? i may just ask my source if he wont mind swapping it out because im paranoid..wish he would of swabbed it but he didnt, so now i wanna swap it but i think he's going to get pissed when i ask because im a virgin to this and he's a vet and he will probably be insulted ..oh well worth a try lol

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
your right and actually i am equipped and planning to do so...i guess i am just trying to convince myself of the situation and justify that my vial is ok...so if you are switching pins from drawing to injection..whats the point of swabbing the rubber top if the ba should handle any minor contamination? or is it truely possible to to contaminate the vial as i was initially concerned? i may just ask my source if he wont mind swapping it out because im paranoid..wish he would of swabbed it but he didnt, so now i wanna swap it but i think he's going to get pissed when i ask because im a virgin to this and he's a vet and he will probably be insulted ..oh well worth a try lol
You're the customer and if you're not satisfied, ask for another vial. What concerns me more than what you witnessed is his overall contempt for working in a sterile environment. You have to wonder how he handles the gear when he's alone? Is he even more reckless? We can cite the safety nets (BA) and overall odds being in your favor, but for me, it has to be as clean as possible. I'm the one shooting this stuff into my body and I take all the risks. Have you ever seen a leg or glute that had been injected with contamination? It's not a pretty sight.

You should swab the stopper every time you use draw from the vial and when you finish. There is usually some residue left on the surface and if you don't wipe it clean, bacteria will grow and you risk transfering it to the needle. There are enough inherent risks in this activity as it is, the more you can minimize the better off you are. At least that's my opinion and how I operate.

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
Dude, quit worrying about it. You do have an immune system, right? Because between that and the BA, you'll be fine, so long as you aren't injecting particularly nasty/large amounts of bacteria.

Rarely anything is ever truly sterile (especially when using UGL gear). The goal is just to keep your injections as clean as possible, so that the little bit of stuff that does get injected is nothing that your immune system can't handle.
Go ahead and complain if you want to lose your source, or shut up and quit worrying about it. (or just boil/autoclave the vial if you really are that OCD)

Smiley

Smiley

Awards
  • Established
Put a needle in through the vial and bake it in the oven at 250. That should take care of your paranoia. The guy tried to help you out buy showing you the entire process. Dont return it to the guy and hassle him some more.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Ive had a rubber top been removed from a vial, transferred the remainig juice into another vial, and shot it. no infection

just wipe the top and 1 draw needle 1 shoot needle. wipe injeciton site, its pretty simple just wash your hands or something before.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
You're the customer and if you're not satisfied, ask for another vial. .
dude, this isn't wal-mart. it's not like he can bring his receipt back. especially when ur dealing with illegal substances.

phonefool

Awards
thanks for everyone's response i appreciate all the feedback....
i decided to get over it based on the majority opinion and not harass my source because essentially i am also at fault for not stopping him from doing it if it was going to bother me so much...at the time i said to myself he knows what he's doing he's a pro..but then my paranoia / OCD kicked in after i left and i said to myself what if dude really dont care what happens to me lol...

anyway first pin today and i was probably more sanitary and OCD clean then a doctors office....i have to say it was much easier then i thought...couple buddies offered to help me out but i wanted to do it on my own ..eventually id have to anyway...and everything was very smooth and painless..i was initially shaking more then i ever have in my life but once i got it in i was surprised how easy it was....feeling great and i owe the bros on anabolic minds for helping me get thru my lil dilemma!