rubber on vial breaking

standoe3

Awards
hey guys just wondering if anyone had this problem before and what you did to correct it.

I have a vial that the rubber top had been poked so many time that little pieces have fallen into my gear. what are some solutions because i dont want bits of rubber in my muscle.

I am using 21 gauge to pull and 23 to push that pieces of rubber are able to go thru both needles.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
it means to filter again dude. get a filter, a big syringe and a sterile vial.

thapr3dat0r

Awards
I am having the same issue. Prolly from pulling two cycles from the same 50ml vial with an 18G. I'm assuming we wanna use a whatman filter?

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
Just buy a new sterile vial and a syringe filter.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And a caulk gun!

OP, re filter it into a new sterile vial or if your lazy like me.. just work around it lol, I injected a peice of rubber one time.. hurt like hell.. not I only brew my stuff in 10ml vials.

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
And a caulk gun!

OP, re filter it into a new sterile vial or if your lazy like me.. just work around it lol, I injected a peice of rubber one time.. hurt like hell.. not I only brew my stuff in 10ml vials.
You don't need a caulk gun for small volumes with a 3ml syringe.

standoe3

Awards
yeah this has only happened on a 20ml vial ten's are good. I have been working around it but my eyes are not as good as they used to be

Uncle Ralph

Awards
next time draw with a 25 gauge and avoid the issue...wtf are we in such a hurry for that we can't let it ooze in slowly?

thapr3dat0r

Awards
Yeah, drawing with 18g was nice and fast but I think it was too big and damaged the rubber cap way too much. Also probably didn't help it was a single 50ml vial getting poked 4x a week. Next time I brew, I'm definitely using 10ml and 20ml vials and gonna try out 20 or 21 to pull.

And 25 is definitely way too small...at least for oil. It's not that I was in a hurry, it was just nearly impossible to draw, even with a 22g and 23g.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You don't need a caulk gun for small volumes with a 3ml syringe.
Lol you are right, you don't need one.. but considering it costs 2.50$ at walmart, and it makes it so much damn quicker. Takes me bout 20-30 seconds to push 3ml by hand, only bout 2 seconds with a gun.