Needle size and vial importance questions

Enjineer

Awards
Is 22 gauge too big of a needle to pin with? its 22 x 1" and they looked scary big, got em at the veterinary store so it was the smallest 1" they carried... Just wondering if these are too big to pin with or if the pain will be manageable? Also, what is the importance of transferring the gear from a bottle into a sealed vial? I mean why can't one just draw the oil straight from a bottle instead of using a air tight sealed vial? I'm not saying i'm gonna try to draw from a bottle or anything, im just curious as to the significance of using a vial... Oh, and is 22" sufficient for withdrawing the oil from a vial too?
Thanks

standoe3

Awards
yes 22g 1 inch will work make sure you push it all the way in. what kind of bottle? do you mean amp? if it is an amp you should draw through a filter.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
every time you open up the bottle bits of dust, bacteria etc, etc...will get in the gear. You will then be pinning all that, its a great way to get an infection or an abscess. 22g is a little big for my liking but im a *****. Get a filter, transfer your gear into a sterile vial and maybe, if your a ***** like me get smaller needles.

Enjineer

Awards
Thanks for the help fellas :) just need to get some vials now...

texastweeter

texastweeter

Awards
  • Established
mooch is spot on...23gauge is my pin of choice

depaulhifi

Awards
I watched my buddy pin 3mL of sust and deca with a 16ga needle the other day. That was hardcore. Needless to say, it left quite the visible hole in his glute lol. He swears by 'em though, says they hurt less than larger gauges. I'll stick to 23/25ga thank you...

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
I draw with a 22ga. and inject with a 25ga. the doc gave me some 18ga. to draw with way to big, they tear up the top of the vial.

Enjineer

Awards
**** it, ima pin the 22 ga right into my quad and enjoy it... I dont have access to smaller needles so ima have to man up and do it....

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
well, you have the internet, if you have a mailbox to go along with that you have access to smaller needles.

PhilipG

Awards
how many times can you use a needle if you dont use it to draw, only to inject?

nynone

nynone

Awards
my personal opinion on reusing needles is: DON'T. reusing them only makes you more prone to infections. i know a few people who inject weekly (except for medical reasons), and their choice is to draw with a 20, inject with a 22. 20's don't seem too big imo... then again i've yet to personally inject.

so, from hear-say, 22's aren't too big. and personal opinion on reusing is a definite no.

rammy222

rammy222

Awards
Got a quick question. Can you use the same syringe but switch out the needles every time? Like 1 syringe and a ton of needles and just put the needle on use and then throw away the needle and repeat?

depaulhifi

Awards
You can use the same syringe a few times if you need to. Check the laws in your state and see if you can purchase syringes OTC without a prescription, as many states have laws like this in place because of junkies always reusing needles.

tigerbunny

Awards
100 Needles + syringes =<25$ at a multitude of places online, no reason to reuse them ever.

WarMachine000

WarMachine000

Awards
  • Established
I draw and pin with a 25, but switch tips between