Tips for pinning quad?

Liftingstud

Awards
  • Established
About to start my first test e cycle and had planned on pining my glute but def not the easiest place to reach and figure my quad will be easier. Have looked at video and some instructions online but figured I would see if anyone here had tips?

From what I understand u go about a hand length above the knee and a hand length below the hip in ur outter quad.

Or any tips for doing a self glut injection? Just think it will be hard to keep the needle steady the first time and aspirate and keep everything steady since I probably will be slightly nervous the first time.

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
go to spotinjections dot com, good site for reference.

Liftingstud

Awards
  • Established
Yeah already checked it out. Thanks though. That's one of the sites I liked at.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
ok follow this for left quad...
right hand's middle finger touches knee cap - pin close to where you thumb is
left hand touches right hands palm with middle finger and the thumb is the same direction as your right hand. pin near that thumb as well

Libertarian

Awards
  • Established
Don't over-complicate it. Quadriceps are big muscles so it's hard to mess up. I actually have used two separate injection sites on each quad, upper and lower.

Just so you know quads are probably the most painful injection site. I also pinned my quad on my first ever injection out of convenience, and even though it was just Test E I limped around for the next 3 days paranoid I was developing an abscess. I still hate pinning quads.

I think a better choice for a first pin is delt. Delts are easy to reach, and for me, the least painful spot. Even if you do get pain it won't have much of an effect on your workouts. In contrast, after pinning quads you might have to postpone your legs day for a while.

Ventro-glute might also be an easier spot for you to hit. It's probably the scariest place to pin the first time, but it's pretty easy to reach and many consider it the least painful spot.

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
i respectfully disagree with the above poster... that is the exact opposite of my expierences... quads are the least painful for me.. they are easy to see.. u can see veins near the surface.. and they are not painful one bit.. now delts were so unbelieveably painful it was unbearable.. i was sore for days.. with quads u can sqeeze alot more oil in there too.. anything more then 1ml in the delts is just too much for most ppl... i used a 29g 1/2in insulin syringe to inject into my delt and even that ****er put me in a ridiculous amount of pain

Libertarian

Awards
  • Established
Shows how different it is for everyone. Delts are pretty much the only place Prop doesn't bother me too much. Prop in my quads pretty much cripples me for a few days.

standoe3

Awards
here too quads suck for me made me think twice about pinning there so i hit my calf then I was limping on both legs for a week now glute is the only spot i will do it just gets taking used to holding your breath spinning around and shooting that ****...trust you will look forward to the shots atleast i did

Libertarian

Awards
  • Established
Ever do calves?
I pinned a small amount into my calves a couple times and it wasn't too bad. Maybe I got lucky. But, I was referring to the "standard" pinning spots: Glutes/ventroglute, quads, and delts. Other sites you risk hitting the lymphatic system, which I hear can be extremely painful.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
i respectfully disagree with the above poster... that is the exact opposite of my expierences... quads are the least painful for me.. they are easy to see.. u can see veins near the surface.. and they are not painful one bit.. now delts were so unbelieveably painful it was unbearable.. i was sore for days.. with quads u can sqeeze alot more oil in there too.. anything more then 1ml in the delts is just too much for most ppl... i used a 29g 1/2in insulin syringe to inject into my delt and even that ****er put me in a ridiculous amount of pain
you used a slin pin? you prob had a ton of gear go sub q and that sh!t HURTS! try it again with a normal pin.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Quad injects are extremely painful for me.. To the point I can never get a leg workout/decent leg workout in... My right quad is swollen over my knee cap still from my monday inject.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
over your kneecap? whered you pin? the vastus?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
easiest way for quad..

sit down

put the palm of your hand on hip
where the middle finger or index finger lye thats where you pin (outer side)

EASY.

delt is easy, only place 2 mL sust doesnt hurt.

i dont do glut injections anymore.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
over your kneecap? whered you pin? the vastus?
I put my left hand on my right quad with my middle finger touching where my kneecap starts and put my thumb down. Where the end of my thumb was, was where I pinned. This was advised by somebody. Either my quads are going to feel pain regardless or the BA content in my gear is too high.

texastweeter

texastweeter

Awards
  • Established
Quads are my fave spot. I pin about midway from my hip to my knee and from the outside. 1.5 in 23 gauge.

standoe3

Awards
I just pined my quad today about 6 inches above the knee cap only push a 1/2 cc so what i can say is that 1/2cc compared to 2 or 1 1/2 cc is a hella of a lot easier on my leg. I am sticking to eod from now on instead of a ton of gear in one shot a week. It might cost more in pins but Ill take the sting of the shot compared to a lasting three day pain of 2cc in my quad. And yeah I had my leg swollen from pushing 2cc in my leg before. I limped christmas and new years and that hella sucked all red, I lost a lot a definition doing that.

texastweeter

texastweeter

Awards
  • Established
I have put up to 2.5 cc in my quad of that buttery smooth gear, but most of the time i stick to 2 max for quat, 3 max for glute, and 1.5 max for delt

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
To the people in here that get used to pinning the same spot on a regular basis. It is not a good idea, scar tissue is not something you want - and regardless of how smooth you inject you will build up scar tissue if you get pin happy in one spot. If you are getting serious pain from any injection site you must be doing something wrong unless your pinning 400mg/ml concentration or over - or prop/susp or something like that. I never get this excruciating pain you guys are talking about and I have used many many types of UG and HG gear. Take your time with the inject and go straight in and straight out.

Anyone ever tried pinning your pecs? To me it is by far the easiest and most painless. Bi's are another fun one, and really easy to get to. As for quads, there are 3 heads you can hit on each quad and you may like one more than others, just experiment.