PH VS. AAS? is this a noob question?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.37%

PH VS. AAS? is this a noob question?

I was recently introduced to the world of performance enhancing compounds. I'm running a PH cycle now as my first run at it with some incredible gains. The idea of it has always intrigued me but i shied away because of the stigma. After doing research and crushing the taboo I am finding myself obsessed with understanding these methods and wanting to try some different things.

My question is: If PH's convert to the desired hormone in the body then why use "illicit" substances?

And: Are AAS more effective in terms of gains and the ability to hold on to those gains than PH?

AND: for a first AAS cycle would you run a single compound like a str8 d-bol cycle or a sustanon or straight test?

I have been reading "Anabolics 2009" and found it very informative. But i know user experience is just as helpful. Any comments would be appreciated.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.43%

Quote Originally Posted by nyoung807 View Post
    I was recently introduced to the world of performance enhancing compounds. I'm running a PH cycle now as my first run at it with some incredible gains. The idea of it has always intrigued me but i shied away because of the stigma. After doing research and crushing the taboo I am finding myself obsessed with understanding these methods and wanting to try some different things.

My question is: If PH's convert to the desired hormone in the body then why use "illicit" substances?

And: Are AAS more effective in terms of gains and the ability to hold on to those gains than PH?

AND: for a first AAS cycle would you run a single compound like a str8 d-bol cycle or a sustanon or straight test?

I have been reading "Anabolics 2009" and found it very informative. But i know user experience is just as helpful. Any comments would be appreciated.
    I'll explain from my experience/research:

-PH's are fine and all. Though, they do more damage than say a cycle of test. Only difference between PH's and oral AAS is conversion. Example is between CEL hdrol and Tbol. Hdrol converts to it (think it's a small percent or something like that?) while Tbol is already converted. Now mdrol is different b/c it's already converted. Hence, it's called a designer steroid.

-AAS, more so injectables are better in terms of holding onto gains and are safer, IMHO. PH's can do harm to your liver and lipid profiles. Injectables can be run a long time, 8-20 weeks, won't cause stress to your liver, and yield better results. From what I've read up on (and being a bio major I have a sense of understanding), the body is not meant to withstand sudden changes. The longer you run a cycle, with the addage of strength and more muscle, the better you can keep your gains. That's why I like the idea of running test for 10-20 weeks.

-For a first cycle of AAS, crossing over usually refers to running test. A GREAT starting cycle is the standard Test enanthate cycle, 500mg/wk for 10-12 weeks. Strength gains out the roof and blowing up like someone put dynamite underneath the sheaths of your muscles
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.37%

Thanks for your comment RSR.
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. one noob question
    By MarkoPMNE in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5