How do I transfer test from amps into unsealed vials?
- 03-10-2010, 11:50 PM
How do I transfer test from amps into unsealed vials?
My source can only send me amps, and I just wanna make it simple and transfer them to a vial. I have some ?'s.
1. What would be the best way to do this? Should I use a syringe filter, a filter needle, what?
2. When I transfer it to the vial, how do I go about w/ putting the rubber stopper in and sealing it? Is there somethin I have to do w/ sucking out the air after sealing it or is air fine in the vial?
My main concern is contaminating the vial. I feel like I should just order an already pre-sealed vial, but even if I do that I would have to open it and put in the test, right? Sorry for the newb questions, I have never actually held a vial before.
Is there a procedure on how to seal a vial, or can someone just tell me a good place to pick up filter needles, or what? Help haha
- 03-10-2010, 11:58 PM
get a vial with a rubber stopper already clamped in place. u do unnderstand u dont open the vial to extract and inject liquid into it right? u push it thru the rubber
- 03-11-2010, 12:01 AM
03-11-2010, 12:28 AM
If you use unsealed vials, you'll need a crimper to seal them, which is around $200. Don't bother. Just buy sealed vials and some syringe filters if you're worried about glass shards from the amps. Bust open the amp, suck up the gear, and then stick the needle into the the vial and "inject" it into there. If you want to use a filter, you'll put the filter onto the syringe before pushing the gear into the vial so it filters on it's way into the vial. A .45 Whatman will do the trick nicely since the gear is already sterile and you just want to remove any tiny glass shards. Also, make sure you take a second needle which is not attached to a syringe and stick it into the vial as well while injecting into it to relieve the pressure. Otherwise you won't be able to inject more than a few ml before the pressure is too much.
03-11-2010, 12:38 AM
I've been tryin 2 research how syringe filters work and I can only get pics and vids of ppl screwin the filter to the syringe, but no needle. This is wat was confusin me...So I was just tryin 2 think how does it work. So I just screw the filter to the syringe, and then I can screw the needle to the filter? All I saw were ppl placing the filter to the syringe and pouring out the contents into the vial. This is what's confusing me
03-11-2010, 01:01 AM
The filter screws directly onto the syringe and the needle is attached to the filter. So after you pull the gear into the syringe, you'll have to remove the needle (recap it and twist), screw the filter on, and re-attach the needle to the filter. It's really simple, you'll see how it works real quick once you have everything in your hands. Be sure to grab some extra filters as they sometimes clog unexpectedly, and Whatmans are much more durable than Millipore.
03-22-2010, 10:18 PM
if u draw up the test through a filter and then put it into the pre-sealed vial, ur going to have some test left in the filter itself, to get it out ur going to have to figure out what type of oil ur test is suspended in, and then get a lil more of it so u can pass that through the filter as well to get the remaining test out of the filter and into the pre-sealed vial. This will make the concentration a little less than 250mg/ml however it will be all the test from the amp as well as some additional oil. so injections may require 250mg/1.25ml.
2) most HG or presealed amps are manufactured in a manner in which they are designed to be used directly after being broken. The problem with this is that if you wish to take it out of the amps and put it into a vial you run the risk of infecting the gear because test made in a way to be used in pre-sealed vials contains BA (Benzyl Alcohol) to keep a multi-injection atmosphere sterile, where as amps generally do not contain BA because there is no need to do that because the needle only appears once in the atmosphere.
So ur going to run the risk of contaminating the test unless u know for a fact ur amps where made with BA. Now does that mean the test is no good? no not at all however it does increase the chances of infection and abcess.
3) the only way to sterilize the gear after u have moved it from amps to vials is to put in the oven for 45 min at 250 degrees F. Remember to put a needle through the top when doing this so pressure doesnt build up when in the oven. However once sterilized it is only sterilized for the time period of prior to the first needle draw...
4) all in all its just easier and safer to just used the amps per injection. I suggest u just deal with the amps and try avoid moving the test, it can be a pain in the ass and it can also be potentially problematic.
going to post a link so u kinda get an idea what im talking about
03-22-2010, 10:27 PM
I know homebrewing isnt what ur talking about however i think there is some good info in here that could help you understand what goes into transferring and sterility etc etc..
Its a good educative read
03-25-2010, 02:06 AM
wow I had my mind made up about transferring my test. Good thing you popped up slacker!
Thnx for all the write ups. You know, I might just save a lil more money and inject straight from the amp. Thing is, I would still have to use a filter when injecting myself, correct? If that's the case, I just feel the needle will be insecure when injecting because I heard the needle just snaps onto the filter, you don't screw it on. Now, I don't have any of it in front of me to see how it works, that's why there's doubt. So if you could clear it up for me.
03-25-2010, 07:58 AM
just inject straight from the amp for god sakes man. unless you're traveling and want everything in one place (vial) then why go through all the trouble of doing a transfer?
do you need a filter when drawing from an amp? that's up to you but people with a lot more cycles underneath their belt never use them. I'm not saying their right but the worst thing that is going to happen is you might, over time, develop a little scar tissue underneath your skin if glass particles build up.....not exactly life threating.
when i use amps i give everything (amp, pen top for breaking the amp open) a alcohol bath. wash my hand throughly and go to work. i am a stickler for making sure everything is clean.
03-26-2010, 02:22 AM
03-26-2010, 07:24 AM
i understand your question but again, no one i know uses them. you could, i will not hurt but if your asking should i then i'd say it depends on how cautious you really want to be. and again the worest thing that's gonna happen is you MIGHT get some glass particles in your butt and that's hardly a life threating thing......pay extra, use them, if it brings you piece of mind then it's worth it.
03-29-2010, 03:23 AM
03-29-2010, 11:16 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By DT5 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 2Last Post: 01-12-2009, 12:58 AM
- By gazdecki in forum AnabolicsReplies: 9Last Post: 08-14-2006, 09:13 PM
- By gator0090 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 1Last Post: 10-04-2005, 11:40 AM