androgel?

Buffgammaman

Awards
So I've been having trouble with testosterone and I've finaly got a doc to give me androgel he's got me on 10 grams a day and I'm just wondering if that's enough to get me back in the 600 to 750 range? I tried looking for this info but just couldn't find any studys done on it.

thanks

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
everyone is different. u wont know until u take it and have bloodwork done

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What type of troubles are you having with test injects? You might have the same problems with androgel; and heard its a hastle and not as effective...

spazface

Banned
Awards
i was just prescribed this androgel as well, and picked it up(wildly pricey co-pay, but there is a dloadable 20$ coupon from the mfgr)

haven't started it yet, i have low test production apparently but have had some good results with proper diet, consistent training and some usp products(powerfull, anabolic pump) and lost alot of weight and strength is up. I'm curious as to what this will do as well. I've read on many forums that doctors will start with this gel, after a bit give you bloodwork then possibly make you do the gel again at higher doses prior to injections which does not make me happy at all.

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
i was just prescribed this androgel as well, and picked it up(wildly pricey co-pay, but there is a dloadable 20$ coupon from the mfgr)

haven't started it yet, i have low test production apparently but have had some good results with proper diet, consistent training and some usp products(powerfull, anabolic pump) and lost alot of weight and strength is up. I'm curious as to what this will do as well. I've read on many forums that doctors will start with this gel, after a bit give you bloodwork then possibly make you do the gel again at higher doses prior to injections which does not make me happy at all.
If you want injects just tell the doc you would prefer injects and don't want androgel for fear of transfer to others.

spazface

Banned
Awards
If you want injects just tell the doc you would prefer injects and don't want androgel for fear of transfer to others.
good point. my issue at the moment is i'm starting to think this urologist isn't really getting what i need, or don't need actually.

from my first bloodwork in january to the last one, my ttl test increased from 194 to 243(with 250 being the range), i have been losing bodyfat, not depressed and feeling pretty good. Sometimes i'm edgy yes, but its smoothed out a bit since i dropped taking allergy meds, and the only real issue i have is reduced sex drive. He prescribed me the gel, i asked "what about injections?" and he replied, "we will start you off here, take bloodwork in two months and see. I don't want to elevate your levels too high then have to bring you back down, so this is where we begin"

I do not want higher test if it means the possibility of infertility, which even the androgel site says is possible, i want more kids. I'm 32 and in the best shape of my life, is this really the right route? I'm thinking i would be better suited with some HCG or HGH based therapy, i've responded amazingly well to hgh herbal based boosters so far. I think the doc may be partial listening or partially taking my body into picture.

i read the forum sticky and am going to start looking for another doctor to see, i don't want more test at the possible consequences if my doc isn't 100% on the level with me. I would prefer sticking to herbal based supplements, clean diet and correct training till then.

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
good point. my issue at the moment is i'm starting to think this urologist isn't really getting what i need, or don't need actually.

from my first bloodwork in january to the last one, my ttl test increased from 194 to 243(with 250 being the range), i have been losing bodyfat, not depressed and feeling pretty good. Sometimes i'm edgy yes, but its smoothed out a bit since i dropped taking allergy meds, and the only real issue i have is reduced sex drive. He prescribed me the gel, i asked "what about injections?" and he replied, "we will start you off here, take bloodwork in two months and see. I don't want to elevate your levels too high then have to bring you back down, so this is where we begin"

I do not want higher test if it means the possibility of infertility, which even the androgel site says is possible, i want more kids. I'm 32 and in the best shape of my life, is this really the right route? I'm thinking i would be better suited with some HCG or HGH based therapy, i've responded amazingly well to hgh herbal based boosters so far. I think the doc may be partial listening or partially taking my body into picture.

i read the forum sticky and am going to start looking for another doctor to see, i don't want more test at the possible consequences if my doc isn't 100% on the level with me. I would prefer sticking to herbal based supplements, clean diet and correct training till then.
Yeah, I would for sure go to another doctor. You need to be put on HCG and then take some bloodwork to see how your body responds especially if you want more kids.

I have been on Androgel, Test Cyp and HCG monotherapy. On the HCG my total test rose to 900 and I had an above average sperm count with above average motility.

HCG is by far the most complex of your treatment options, therefore you need to find a doctor who knows what he is doing.

Buffgammaman

Awards

My docter told me infertilty could happen also however he said if I ever want to have kids I can just start taking hcg at that time and I will start to produce sperm as normal again.

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
My docter told me infertilty could happen also however he said if I ever want to have kids I can just start taking hcg at that time and I will start to produce sperm as normal again.
Yes that is correct, but if you're taking HCG all the time you can have high testosterone and high sperm count at the same time. Although, it is harder to maintain stable T levels on HCG.