AI or HCG?

Wandy

Wandy

Awards
I'm doing a 16-week Test. Enanthate cycle soon (500mg/week). If you had a choice, would you choose to control estrogen on cycle with an ai, or with a cycle that long, run hcg during the cycle to help with recovery?

omni

omni

Awards
  • Established
You might still have estrogen problems with Hcg. It doesn't block estrogen. You should always have AI on hand. Two different uses. Don't start until your PCT is ready.

Wandy

Wandy

Awards
You might still have estrogen problems with Hcg. It doesn't block estrogen. You should always have AI on hand. Two different uses. Don't start until your PCT is ready.
you will definitely have estrogen problems with hcg... i'm well aware they are for different uses, i'm wondering which use would be preferred over the other. i already have my pct sorted out, my question has nothing to do with pct.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
im guessing u dont have the funds for both and i will suggest not starting the cycle without having both, but i know ur not going to listen.

u can be f ucked from many angles if u dont have one or the other, so think of all the risks ur going to take without each...then compare them

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
they address different problems. If u want to control estro and water retention u need to use an AI. If you want to make a faster recovery and get ur HPTA to turn back on ASAP u want to use HCG.

Allmost any cycle going over 8 weeks HCG is suggested. If you are prone to gyno or estro/water related side effects then use the AI.

In reality there is no real option for either of these, U need an AI on hand in the event u get some sort of estro related symptom ID gyno or itchy nips, u can either use an AI to control it or a low dose of nolva, the AI is usually a better way to go about it.

The HCG on a cycle this long really isnt an option unless u want a challenge to restart ur HPTA and the longer ur HPTA isnt turned on the more increased chance u have at losing the gains u made.

To answer ur questions simply u need both.

Wandy

Wandy

Awards
they address different problems. If u want to control estro and water retention u need to use an AI. If you want to make a faster recovery and get ur HPTA to turn back on ASAP u want to use HCG.

Allmost any cycle going over 8 weeks HCG is suggested. If you are prone to gyno or estro/water related side effects then use the AI.

In reality there is no real option for either of these, U need an AI on hand in the event u get some sort of estro related symptom ID gyno or itchy nips, u can either use an AI to control it or a low dose of nolva, the AI is usually a better way to go about it.

The HCG on a cycle this long really isnt an option unless u want a challenge to restart ur HPTA and the longer ur HPTA isnt turned on the more increased chance u have at losing the gains u made.

To answer ur questions simply u need both.
i definitely agree with having the ai on hand just in case.. but i didn't realize hcg was an absolute must for any cycle, even one 16 weeks in length. i've done cycles in the past that were 14 weeks and only ran nolva in pct and i think i lost maybe 2 lbs after pct, much of it probably water.

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
i definitely agree with having the ai on hand just in case.. but i didn't realize hcg was an absolute must for any cycle, even one 16 weeks in length. i've done cycles in the past that were 14 weeks and only ran nolva in pct and i think i lost maybe 2 lbs after pct, much of it probably water.
Its not a necessity however it does make the HPTA down time much less. If you want to chance it, its really up to you. And its only suggested in cycles over 8 weeks long. And if u only lost 2 lbs it was probably all water assuming u where running some form of test.

U know your body better than anyone else and know what it can handle, just giving my opinion/what i personally use as protocol.

Wandy

Wandy

Awards
Its not a necessity however it does make the HPTA down time much less. If you want to chance it, its really up to you. And its only suggested in cycles over 8 weeks long. And if u only lost 2 lbs it was probably all water assuming u where running some form of test.

U know your body better than anyone else and know what it can handle, just giving my opinion/what i personally use as protocol.
i've recovered fairly quickly (as far as i could tell) in the past only using nolva for 4 weeks after a cycle... but i can get hcg so cheaply if its really that good i might as well use it. what are the best ways to run it? how do you run it?

my concern is that i've heard that the absolute best way is for the length of the cycle... but my cycle is rather long (16 weeks) so i'm a little concerned with it doing some irreversible **** to my berries. can it be run successfully just before pct for only a couple weeks? the idea of that sounds a lot safer than running it for the whole cycle.

unc21

unc21

Awards
  • Established
HCG can be run for longer periods, usually starting around week 4 or 5 of longer cycles. You shouldnt have any issues with running it from that point til the end of your cycle. Ive done it before, although, I usually tend not to need it even for longer cycles just because I havent found it necessary for myself.

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
i personally use hcg on 20 week cycles starting on week 4 doing 250 IU's twice a week for total of 500IU's/week. I usually do it on a monday and thursdays.

Can it cause desnsesitization? yes it can however the short period befire PCT and very high doseages can also cause desensitization, so really its up to you and the research you do to decide the best method of how to run it.

I will say when i did my first 12 week test cycle i felt like my HPTA was back on by the middle of week 2 of PCT. And i never had any testicular atrophe.

twunnies

Awards
Never start a cycle without having everything laid out in front of you, period.I know a bunch of young guys who ended up without Nova at the end of their cycles and were like, "it's okay I'll use Tribulus."

Do things right for lasting results.

twunnies

Awards
By young guys I mean 19-23 who were unfamiliar with AAS, I don't mean minors.

omni

omni

Awards
  • Established
Never start a cycle without having everything laid out in front of you, period.I know a bunch of young guys who ended up without Nova at the end of their cycles and were like, "it's okay I'll use Tribulus."

Do things right for lasting results.
Thats the point I was trying to get across. AI's And Hcg are usually considered Pct. Many bodybuilders use them durring cycle to fight estrogen and keep their "boys" in play. I've used a $h!t load of gear, but he didn't seem interested in any real advice. Problem with young guys.