slow gains on test, eating enough?

illgixxer

Awards
  • Established
I am on week 5 or 6 of test E at 500mg split over 2 days per week. I am taking liquidex with it. I have been seeing large strength gains but I am up only about 5 lbs at most. I am eating 4000 calories per day(I weight 182 lbs) so that is well over maintenance(which is about 3000). I get lots of protein and fats(from beef, eggs, and peanuts/almonds), plenty of protein from chicken, beef, eggs,I would say that I watch carbs the most but still think I get enough. I am eating about 200-230 carbs per day, most I try to eat earlier in the day, especially before workouts.

robxxxxxx69

Awards
I am on week 5 or 6 of test E at 500mg split over 2 days per week. I am taking liquidex with it. I have been seeing large strength gains but I am up only about 5 lbs at most. I am eating 4000 calories per day(I weight 182 lbs) so that is well over maintenance(which is about 3000). I get lots of protein and fats(from beef, eggs, and peanuts/almonds), plenty of protein from chicken, beef, eggs,I would say that I watch carbs the most but still think I get enough. I am eating about 200-230 carbs per day, most I try to eat earlier in the day, especially before workouts.

maybe its because you've only been on it like a month is my only guess

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Give the test more time, you should start seeing better gains soon...

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
And how do you not know if your at 5 or 6 weeks?? You need to log your inject times so you know when you want to stop....

illgixxer

Awards
  • Established
I only bought enough to have enough for exactly 10 weeks. So when I run out I know thats the end of week 10.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I see, if you are at week six, you should have a bit more than 5lbs though.. Up the carbs mate..

Generallee

Awards
Make sure you are eating slow digesting protein before bed and sleeping enough. Just finished my test-e cycle 10 week 400 mg every 8 days. Gained a soild 13 lbs. Happy with the gains. Very light cycle, great strength gains and my gains seem to be real, no water weight.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
what's the dosage of Test you are taking? I took 500mg a week for ten weeks put on 20lbs....

illgixxer

Awards
  • Established
500/wk split over 2 injections, yes I was hoping to KEEP atleast 15 lbs. I am debating getting more and extending it to 12 weeks but I don't know if I should or not, since I am not running hcg. I guess I'll just have to see how I gain over the next few weeks. I will bump the carbs up to about 300 grams.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
500/wk split over 2 injections, yes I was hoping to KEEP atleast 15 lbs. I am debating getting more and extending it to 12 weeks but I don't know if I should or not, since I am not running hcg. I guess I'll just have to see how I gain over the next few weeks. I will bump the carbs up to about 300 grams.
Is this your first cycle? If so, stick with 10 weeks. You won't really notice the Test working till week 4 or 5 anyways...but remember the test halflife is 2 weeks....so it will be working in your system 2 weeks past the last injection. Whats your diet like? Is it a good clean diet? If so, you may be putting on lean body mass, which you most likely will keep after pct. During your pct make sure to eat like a horse, and continue to work out to keep what you gained.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you're only eating 300g of carbs a day at the most, then that is a huge amount of protein and fats. 2800kcals of just those two macronutrients is a ton. That's about 400g of protein and 135g of fat. Are you completely sure that you're getting 4000 kcals?

illgixxer

Awards
  • Established
Yes I am 100% sure I am hitting 4000 calories a day. There are some calories I don't even count up such as coffee creamer and handfuls of nuts here and there. I eat 4-4.5 lbs of meat per day(combo of chicken and beef) alone. Do you think my ratios are too far off?

I would consider my diet clean. No fried foots, mostly complex carbs, low sugar.

This is my first injectable cycle, I have ran 3 ph cycles.

Lance87

Lance87

Awards
I dont see how your not gaining weight...especially when your consuming so much. Right now im on my first cycle with Test-e as well at 500mg week split twice a week. Im on week 6 i think and ive already went from 175lbs to 190lbs. My weight fluctuates alot...Ive been up to 194lbs but never seem to keep it. Right now it seems im in a slump because i gained all of this weight real fast, and now at week 6 it seems very hard to gain much more. I wonder if this is normal? I still have about 4 weeks left and this is my first cycle, so i'll just see what happens...my goal is 200lbs by end of the cycle....It was looking very fortunate, but now that it has slowed down i'll be very happy to see my goal being accomplished. Anyway, my question is: Does test behave like this? Rapid gains and then a short recession where gains are slow in mid cycle? Just curious....Surely i havent gained everything already in only 6 weeks...

illgixxer

Awards
  • Established
Well I didn't say I wasn't gaining. I said I was gaining very slowly. And I'm not sure either. Because besides lifting weights, I don't have a very active day so its not like I'm burning off the extra calories. I have to walk about 2 miles everyday besides working out. On my a$$ the rest of the day.

illgixxer

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday I started my 7th week. Would it be a bad idea to throw some superdrol in my cycle this late into the cycle? Run it for 2 weeks maybe? I'm only up about 7 lbs.

Lance87

Lance87

Awards
Personally, i wouldn't do that. I have no experience with Superdrol but i do have experience with X-tren...in which i gained an easy 10-15 pounds in 4-5 weeks from it. Gains from orals will always be quicker than injectibles but seem to be harder to keep. My test cycle seemed to really kick in around my 7th and 8th week. I would try stacking Superdrol next cycle if you want. It just seems to be a waste to only do it 2 weeks this late in the game, ya know? But hey..Its just my opinion. I'd save it for later.

illgixxer

Awards
  • Established
well my cycle is 10 weeks long, so I'll guess we'll see how I finish out. The thing is, I thought one of the reasons you keep a higher % of gains on an injectable cycle, was because it was over a longer period of time, and your body gets used to maintaining the extra muscle/weight, but if I gain rapidly the last three weeks, its more like an oral in the way you rapidly gain weight, instead of gaining say 2 lbs per week over 10 weeks equaling 20 lbs.

Lance87

Lance87

Awards
Right. But from my experience with an oral...I usually gain weight very quickly unlike injectibles which are more stable throughout your cycle and yes, it does give your body time to get used to the new added mass. When i stacked orals, i noticed its gains within the first 2 weeks and all of its gains where done within 4-5 weeks, where my test hadn't even kicked in yet and i started orals about 2 weeks after test injections...and right after the oral cycle is when my test finally started kicking in around week 7.

Lance87

Lance87

Awards
Sorry, I didn't mean that it took test 7 weeks to "kick in" i could tell it was working around week 4 with a very high increase in strength and libido. I just meant that around week 7 i added around 5 more pounds from the test since i had been off of the orals for about a week or two by then.

GLHF

GLHF

Awards
  • Established
OP, dont worry about what the scale says. What matters the most is, how you feel and how you look. If u gained 5lbs on the scale but lost bf then thats more lbm. Trust me, in a cycle look for quality gains, not just weight gains.

twunnies

Awards
If you're upping the carbs and still don't grow, ease up on the Liquidex. My best cycles have been the ones where I only don't take ancillaries until PCT.

Spooly

Spooly

Awards
OP, dont worry about what the scale says. What matters the most is, how you feel and how you look. If u gained 5lbs on the scale but lost bf then thats more lbm. Trust me, in a cycle look for quality gains, not just weight gains.
x1 thats true it always aint how much the scale says let the mirror see gains and peple comments good luck bro im on my 3rd week of andropen stacked with x-tren i feel horny as hell from the test :439: