testical shrinkage?

Buffgammaman

Awards
when testicals lose size while on cycal as a result of no LH coming there way, is the size change a direct result of them not being filled with sperm or because there not filled with testosterone?

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I believe that your testes shrink because they are not producing testosterone at a normal to high rate, and im sure you will have a lower sperm count on cycle, but dont quote me...

Buffgammaman

Awards
I believe that your testes shrink because they are not producing testosterone at a normal to high rate, and im sure you will have a lower sperm count on cycle, but dont quote me...

Yea I know you don't produce nearly as much testosterone while your on cycle I was just wondering if the reason why your testicals are big off cycle is because there filled with testosterone.

twunnies

Awards
The testis are not "filled" with testosterone, but rather the loss in testes volume corresponds with a loss of spermatogenesis, which is the production of sperm. This is why some esters(Test E) of testosterone have been demonstrated as male birth control, although I doubt we will ever see AAS prescribed for that use.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The testis are not "filled" with testosterone, but rather the loss in testes volume corresponds with a loss of spermatogenesis, which is the production of sperm. This is why some esters(Test E) of testosterone have been demonstrated as male birth control, although I doubt we will ever see AAS prescribed for that use.
That would be the day haha.... :p

Buffgammaman

Awards
Ok so there filled with sperm then, and when they shrink it's because there is no longer sperm filling them.

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
so then alot of sex on cycle is not a good thing?

Smiley

Smiley

Awards
  • Established
Ok so there filled with sperm then, and when they shrink it's because there is no longer sperm filling them.
Think of it more like a muscle. If you stop using it for a few months it will shrink up. I saw some shrinkage but never noticed a decrease in volume personally.

SeanyK

Awards
  • Established
they're not f*ckin jizm filled donut holes ready to ooze everywhere yo!

smiley's analogy is a good one.
like a muscle group you've been ignoring. In this case its due to their inactivity.
no need for endogenous test, so then low / absent LH or FSH means no spermatogenesis as was said above.

i've heard of studies looking into androgens, and especially some progestins (like the real deal male contraceptives and **** they give to sex offenders) that are much worse than others in regard to the inhibition of spermatogenesis, and effects on motility...

in other words... feel free to bone your girl as often as you like

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
when testicals lose size while on cycal as a result of no LH coming there way, is the size change a direct result of them not being filled with sperm or because there not filled with testosterone?
The testicles aren't "filled", they aren't storage pockets they're glands. When your body shuts down the gland the gland will atrophy.

All cells in the body have a lifetime and are doubling time - the heart, the liver, the skin - the cells all die eventually but are replaced by new cells. When a muscle or gland is not used, the cells do not double as quickly and thus the muscle will atrophy or shrink in size. Your testicles are smaller because you have less testicle. This is a way oversimplified explanation but it gets at the point.

This is why some esters(Test E) of testosterone have been demonstrated as male birth control, although I doubt we will ever see AAS prescribed for that use.
I posted in the general chat a few months ago a news story about the use of low dose testosterone in China as means of male birth control. They were in experimental phases but essentially they were using AAS to shutdown sperm production. I think it is neither safe nor smart but the fact that they're doing it will make obtaining test in this country easier.... you know.... if you're into that sort of thing.

EDIT: Here is the link to my old thread: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/general-chat/125376-male-birth-control.html

so then alot of sex on cycle is not a good thing?
i don't see the connection here? how did you arrive at this?

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Note that taking hCG on cycle can prevent testicular shutdown and shrinkage

I put this in bold because it hasn't been said and it should. If you are noticing shrinkage you should consider hCG.

kritikos

Awards
ofcourse you can to sex while you are on cycle...

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
would further shrink your testies that was my thought but it was wrong. HCG even on cycles of 5 weeks max? or only for longer inj cycles

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
would further shrink your testies that was my thought but it was wrong. HCG even on cycles of 5 weeks max? or only for longer inj cycles
Wasnt coming down on you just didnt understand. So no - sex won't shrink em. hCG can't really ever hurt but if you're testicles atrophy (shrink) for a few weeks you'll recover fine most likely. If you're going to be "on" for 4 months, 16 weeks, for example then it is a must.

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
does it keep them full like off cycle or fuller than without hcg

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
does it keep them full like off cycle or fuller than without hcg
I suppose it depends on the dosing and how responsive you are to it. I know that the longer you are on it the higher the dose needs to be to get the same affect. I'm in week 15 of a 16 week sustanon cycle and I've only noticed minimal shrinkage. I suppose I could up the dose to see if that helps but I like 500iu 2x/wk and since I'm almost done with the cycle I'm going to keep the dose the same.

standoe3

Awards
this is a subject that we will have to take your word and experiment on our and please nobody request pics lol

standoe3

Awards
hCG is produced also by some kinds of tumor, hCG is an important tumor marker, but it is not known whether this production is a contributing cause or an effect of tumorigenesis (wikipedia) i am not for or against but i would like to let everyone know that they should be researching for their own piece of mind. their are pros and cons to every thing we do to our bodies

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
that i did not know. i thought it was extracted from pregnant womens urine

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
theres always so much controversey about how to use hcg.. most ppl will reccomend 500iu 2x weekly.. when i was on my last cycle.. i started like that but ended up going about 300iu 3x weekly instead.. some ppl then warned me about desensizing myself to lh.. which is an intresting theory... although ive read alot of conflicting info about that also

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
hCG is produced also by some kinds of tumor, hCG is an important tumor marker, but it is not known whether this production is a contributing cause or an effect of tumorigenesis (wikipedia) i am not for or against but i would like to let everyone know that they should be researching for their own piece of mind. their are pros and cons to every thing we do to our bodies
Yeah this is news to me. Did wiki provide any legitimate references or just web refs? Not saying its false just like to pull the journal articles if possible.

standoe3

Awards
Good job CHEM wiki has been known to have false info because anyone can submit information on there until someone cites it as false but generally bad info is taken down because somebody call BS on it...but there were no sources for that info on HCG i looked into it.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Good job CHEM wiki has been known to have false info because anyone can submit information on there until someone cites it as false but generally bad info is taken down because somebody call BS on it...but there were no sources for that info on HCG i looked into it.
Yeah it cld be legit but even journal literature is wrong very often.