Bone Structure and AAS

  1. Bone Structure and AAS


    From what I know HGH can result in changes to the skeletal structure of the body, but I'm not aware of the same happening with AAS.

    So, is there something I'm missing and can they change bone structure or can't they?

    The reason for this question is I saw another post in the Anabolic section and no one really answered the question.

    I have a good friend that has been on and off for a few years now, well now he cruises and I swear that his facial features have changed. Almost like the bones look more dense. The bridge of his nose even looks different. He has done some HGH a while ago(two years) but he really didn't do it very long (maybe 16 weeks) and quickly realized that it was too expensive of a habit to keep up. Now cruises and is usually on mast or EQ.

    thanks for any help answering my ? guys.


  2. I havent heard of aas changing bone structure but HGH definately does. Look at all those giant guts in pro bodybuilding! and huge jawbones! LOL!

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Hamma Head View Post
    Look at all those giant guts in pro bodybuilding!
    what does this have to do with bone structure?
    •   
       


  4. WOW! there are alot of serious people on this site. Look at the jaw structure of body builders before gh and after.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Hamma Head View Post
    WOW! there are alot of serious people on this site. Look at the jaw structure of body builders before gh and after.

    Was that an attempt at humor? I believe I clearly stated it was my friend. Had nothing to do w/ staring at the jaw structure of bb's.

    Try harder next time.

  6. Funny you mention that.. I went to my new doctor to get blood work done the other day. One thing led to another and she asked me if I'd been on AAS since the last time I saw her. Me being an honest guy, I told her I was.

    She was cool about it but then she went on this rant about how if you use AAS for 10 or more weeks it makes your bones weaker.

    I was sitting there like What? I then asked her if she had some data to back it up and she gave me the 'just look it up on the internet' sentiment.

    IMO if your doctor is telling you to 'just look it up on the internet' then they don't know what they're talking about.

    She then gave examples of athletes who had increased injuries after AAS.. which is still not hard evidence. Athletes get injured all the time, not cause of AAS.

    The only reason I could see athletes getting injured more on AAS is because

    1. They are pushing themselves harder
    or
    2. Their muscles are growing bigger than the supporting bones can support them

  7. Quote Originally Posted by rothyman View Post
    Funny you mention that.. I went to my new doctor to get blood work done the other day. One thing led to another and she asked me if I'd been on AAS since the last time I saw her. Me being an honest guy, I told her I was.

    She was cool about it but then she went on this rant about how if you use AAS for 10 or more weeks it makes your bones weaker.

    I was sitting there like What? I then asked her if she had some data to back it up and she gave me the 'just look it up on the internet' sentiment.

    IMO if your doctor is telling you to 'just look it up on the internet' then they don't know what they're talking about.

    She then gave examples of athletes who had increased injuries after AAS.. which is still not hard evidence. Athletes get injured all the time, not cause of AAS.

    The only reason I could see athletes getting injured more on AAS is because

    1. They are pushing themselves harder
    or
    2. Their muscles are growing bigger than the supporting bones can support them

  8. Quote Originally Posted by rothyman View Post
    Funny you mention that.. I went to my new doctor to get blood work done the other day. One thing led to another and she asked me if I'd been on AAS since the last time I saw her. Me being an honest guy, I told her I was.

    She was cool about it but then she went on this rant about how if you use AAS for 10 or more weeks it makes your bones weaker.

    I was sitting there like What? I then asked her if she had some data to back it up and she gave me the 'just look it up on the internet' sentiment.

    IMO if your doctor is telling you to 'just look it up on the internet' then they don't know what they're talking about.

    She then gave examples of athletes who had increased injuries after AAS.. which is still not hard evidence. Athletes get injured all the time, not cause of AAS.

    The only reason I could see athletes getting injured more on AAS is because

    1. They are pushing themselves harder
    or
    2. Their muscles are growing bigger than the supporting bones can support them

    im pretty sure most aas make your bones stronger. particularly testosterone and nandrolone but im sure others have the same effect.

  9. Considering testosterone stimulates growth hormone, aas can definitely make your bones stronger and more dense.

  10. isn't testosterone and nandrolone presribed to people with severe osteoporosis aas def does not make bones weaker

  11. growth hormone doesn't necessarily make ur bone stronger, it can cause acromegaly and changes consistent with it but that bone is not "stronger" its actually more prone to fracture because it is unorganized bone. long standing acromegaly can cause osteoperosis, not something your going to get off a hgh cycle, atleast i hope not.

  12. Dunno about other AAS but test strengthens bones, hence why women are more pre-disposed to osteoperosis.

  13. AAS will only increase bone density, not shape or length as HGH can.

    If your friend is young, the changes may have been natural or brought on suddenly by higher androgen levels. Either that, or the masteron is just lowering his estrogen levels, making his features look more chiseled.

  14. long time ago, my mate used dianabol and deca for about 3month or something, and he did arm wrestling with other guy, and my mates arm just broke in half between shoulder and elbow.. The bone didin't get through skin, but hi have now 6 bolts inside his right arm..

  15. Quote Originally Posted by grigs View Post
    long time ago, my mate used dianabol and deca for about 3month or something, and he did arm wrestling with other guy, and my mates arm just broke in half between shoulder and elbow.. The bone didin't get through skin, but hi have now 6 bolts inside his right arm..
    Ummm...ok? Are you suggesting that his arm snapping had anything to do with the gear? (because it didn't)

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Gator 87 View Post
    Ummm...ok? Are you suggesting that his arm snapping had anything to do with the gear? (because it didn't)
    I not suggesting nothing, just saying what hapent.. maybe it was just coincidence.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Gator 87 View Post
    AAS will only increase bone density, not shape or length as HGH can.

    If your friend is young, the changes may have been natural or brought on suddenly by higher androgen levels. Either that, or the masteron is just lowering his estrogen levels, making his features look more chiseled.
    he's 28. It could be that he's looking more chiseled I spose but he's already very lean at 185.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. SAN: Bone Boost - Bone and Joint Support
    By David Dunn in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-06-2008, 06:22 PM
  2. PM meal structure when ON...
    By JKurz1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-09-2006, 07:08 AM
  3. m1t structure
    By corteztk1982 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2003, 12:06 PM
  4. THG structure
    By sethroberts in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-27-2003, 05:56 PM
  5. Can someone explain this structure
    By Old Guy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-01-2003, 06:40 PM
Log in
Log in