Several questions for injection experts

vdoe2008

Awards
Hi,

I just started my very first test-e cycle recently and had a few questions, mostly regarding my IM injection experience so far...

Oh, and before anyone starts asking - I am 34 y/o, my natty test at 502.

So basically, being that this is my first cycle I decided to go with a conservative 300mg a week (probably 10 or maybe 12 weeks, not sure yet) and see how I react to it. I know a lot of people start with 500 right away but I also know that there are a number who start at 250 and still get good gains, so I opted for safe approach first. All the PCT is in order and ready and there's even adex just in case (although chances that i will need it at this amount are small).

First thing first - gear is a UGL at 300mg / 1ml. It's not a well known label but looks very good - labels all at the same level, solution perfectly clear, vials filled all at the same level. Granted one can not make conclusions based on this but initial signs were good so I decided to go ahead with it. Just to be on the safe side I ran it thru a .2 whatman into a presterile vial. So that's my first question - how many of you guys regularly do this ? And also looks like I lost some solution in the transfer - and I did push air at the very end (after the solution was all transferred) to squeeze out what's left in the filter but it still looks like some got lost somewhere. Is that how you generally get those leftovers from the filter or do I have to add sterile oil instead of air (or maybe I needed to repeat the air thing multiple times ? ) Also - here's a potentially really dumb question but I'll ask it anyways - is it possible that filter will somehow filter out testosterone or otherwise damage it during filtering. I think not (molecule even with ester is probably way smaller than .2) but not sure, so that's why I am askin.

Anyways... just to get the feel for it I started with 2 times a week at .5 ml per injection for a total of 300mg a week. So my next question is - do I need to do this twice a week or should I switch to one ? I mainly started at twice a week because I've never injected before and wanted to start with smaller amount of oil spread out in multiple doses and see how it feels. And that brings me to my next question...

My first injection (I chose my thighs for my injection spots) - the very first time I hit the vein right away. As soon as I aspirated I saw blood coming in.... Well, that was discouraging :( ... Anyways I switched to a different site just an inch or so below and this time it was OK, so I injected it. The quesiton is - after I hit the vein and got blood in the syringe I got rid of it all and took another .5 ml and used that. So I wasted .5 ml of solution which I did not like at all. So, I know it's OK to reinject bloody solution (it's your blood anyway) but it kinda looked gross :) ... But more than that I am not sure how I would know on a second hit when I aspirate if the blood coming in is from the vein or if it's still the same blood that was in the solution. Would it be easy to distinguish that ?

Now, after my second attempt at this 1st injection everything went fine. I had a minor pain in the injection site (like a small deep bruise) for a couple of hours and then it went away. But the pain from the 1st attempt - when I punctured the vein lingered on and felt like someone hit me really hard. Is this normal when you puncture a vein (remember - I did not even inject, just aspirated blood and took the needle out). This pain lasted for another day or so and it's still a bit tender even now. Oh, and for all this I used 1.5" 23g to pin , but only pushed it in up to 1.25" maybe.

Now on to the second injection , which was this morning. Today I chose my left thigh and it all went smooth. Actually too smooth - I didn't even experience any pain at the injection site (like I did the first time). Now, I am not wishing for pain but it makes me wonder if maybe I went too shallow or something with this one? In this case I used same gauge but 1" this time, buried to the top. Any ideas why I am not experiencing anything at all at the injection site? Does that sound normal? Do you guys usually have any temporary pain/discomfort or no? I mean is presence of that post-injection pain an indicator of anything at all or is it just something that may or may not be there. May be a stupid question - but remember - haven't done this before so it's all new to me :)

And now on to my final question (I think)... As you guys can see I am crazy about making sure that everything is as sterile as possible. Not only did I refilter the gear but I make sure to swab not just my skin but also top of the vial. And never same needle for anything - one for drawing, one for injection. But I still would like to know from some of you, if you've had that unfortunate experience of getting an abscess, how long does it usually take to develop. What I mean is, say if you don't have anything 4-6 hours after injection are you pretty much in the clear? Or is this something where you can be perfectly fine all day after the injection and then you wake up tomorrow and it's there. Also - I have plenty of antibiotics in the house - if I ever see signs of this would munching on those be a good thing to do right away (to nip it in the bud so to speak and avoid having to go to a doctor).

Well, that was a long post... So if you're still awake I'd appreciate your input on some of this.

Thanks.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
wow i was curious why there were no replies, then i clicked on it and was visually assaulted by a wall of text

Bigblondekid

Awards
The filter won't damage the gear or lose any test, it's okay to inject your blood and when you aspirate it should be obvious whether it is new blood or not, as far as your second injection, sometimes I inject 2ml of high dosed gear and don't feel a thing and other times .5ml will kill for a week but don't stress it. As far as abcesses are concerned, it would be there within the next day, maybe two if it is septic. Make sure you massage the area a little after you inject to help it disperse. Maybe, next time try posting your stories and then a list of questions afterwards so it is easier to find out what you want to know, just a suggestion. Hope that helped.

texastweeter

texastweeter

Awards
  • Established
Clean up the op and then list questions pls.

neverstop

Awards
  • Established
yeah, tough to have to read a novel to help you out man but i'll try.

1. i've never re-filtered anything

2. you will lose a little in the filter, just chalk it up.

3. don't worry about re-injecting your own blood.

4. often times injections don't hurt at all. means you did it right. hot packs an hour after injecting help if you're getting sore.

5. you're going over board man, you'll know within a day or two if you have an abcess. i've never gotten them from injecting but i've gotten them from other stuff. its is UNREAL how painful it can be. seriously don't worry about it, it is VERY rare. your veins around the site will get red and swollen and the whole site will raise WAY up and you will likely be in a world of hurt. like worse than a broken rib. you will get sore, that is normal, if you are still sore 5 days later then worry.

6. once a week is fine. glutes and quads are easiest with least pain

vdoe2008

Awards
Thanks for your help guys - and sorry about the novel :) ... I thought it might be better to put everything out up front rather than go back and forth with questions but I should have probably summed up the questions at the bottom.
And thanks again all.